Most obvious plot hole.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
So I was playing Valkyria Chronicles 2 when
There is a part where a Valkyria destroys an army but once you get her on your team she is useless and apperently her god powers go away

So are there any plot holes that made no sense at all to you?

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
1. Why didn't you orbital bomb those tree huggers
2. Just drop two tank on top of their main base :p
3. How they are able to sharpen the spears but they can go through bullet proof gas. I mean if you can sharpen them, so they can't be too hard... (my logic may be flawed, don't be ass holes when proving it)
4. Maybe I am just being a baby because the bad guys won.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Littlee300 said:
3. How they are able to sharpen the spears but they can go through bullet proof gas. I mean if you can sharpen them, so they can't be too hard... (my logic may be flawed, don't be ass holes when proving it)
My issue with that movie is that they spend all this time saying they are after a mineral then blow up the only thing stopping them from getting it yet they completely ignore it to try to wipe out the aliens for no better reason than assholeism.

thethain

Jul 23, 2010
Smurfs. The use of "smurf" for so many distinct words in an otherwise english language would lead to commonplace miscommunication.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Judgement101 said:
Littlee300 said:
My issue with that movie is that they spend all this time saying they are after a mineral then blow up the only thing stopping them from getting it yet they completely ignore it to try to wipe out the aliens for no better reason than assholeism.
It could be a moment like in lord of the fiies when...
Savage tribe on island kills the sow because blood lust blinds them from seeing they screwed themselves
Edit: It is probably not though.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Star Wars Episode 2:

If the jedi aren't allowed to love, why were two obviously consenting 19-to-20-something-year-olds sent on an all expenses paid vacation to the planet-o-love?

I think Plinkett had far more material there than he actually used.

Darth Kitty

Oct 7, 2010
Ha, pretty much the entire series of Dragonball, Why don't trunks and goten fuse and beat the crap out of everyone? Why don't they go along with Goku when he goes off to save the galaxy with Pan, the weakest character in the universe? Why is Pan alive? Why does Gohan, the coolest character ever fall to the wayside, while the brats fuse and save the world? etc. etc.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
How did the hooker pamphlets get into the vault?

Darth Kitty said:
Ha, pretty much the entire series of Dragonball, Why don't trunks and goten fuse and beat the crap out of everyone? Why don't they go along with Goku when he goes off to save the galaxy with Pan, the weakest character in the universe? Why is Pan alive? Why does Gohan, the coolest character ever fall to the wayside, while the brats fuse and save the world? etc. etc.
The first one is explained actually. They like to show off. The second one probably has something to do with the voice actors. Pan is alive because of Goku. Dragon Ball Z was planned for the torch to be passed from Goku to Gohan. My guess is the audience didn't respond well to Goku not being the center of the series.

Apr 5, 2009
Darth Kitty said:
It's Dragon Ball. It's not supposed to make sense.
Remember how Yamcha, Tien, and Chaotsu were supposed to be the strongest fighters along with Goku? Remember how they are utterly gone now? Yeaah.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
LOTR..the Giant Eagle Race could just fly someone with the ring right into Mordor, into mount doom and drop off the ring. completely bypassing hours of unnecessary bother.

-=Spy=-

Jul 17, 2009
Judgement101 said:
Littlee300 said:
Just posting because I'm addicted to TVTropes, but:

1: The Corp wasn't a military group, it was simply private contractors made mostly of ex-soldiers. I doubt that they had the ability to attempt orbital bombardment. After all, they seem fairly arrogant, and I doubt the Stockholders would be happy with them packing orbital bombardment weaponry against an enemy armed with bows and arrows.

2: Not exactly sure how they would do that. How would you get a transport through the clouds of Na'vi and their birds? Placing something on the ground makes it vulnerable to attack as well.

3: Maybe some trees have extremely hard wood. In addition, I would expect the draw weight on their bows to be pretty high. And lastly, we don't know for sure if the glass is bulletproof. It may be, but didn't the Rouge Pilot shoot through the glass of the Dragon?

--------------

And to Judgment 101, they were planning on ignoring the Na'vi. Jake screwed that up by rallying the tribes. Had he simply let them disperse, they wouldnt have joined together. But because they did join together to expel the Corp, the Corp had no choice but try and take out what they saw as the "moral center" in an attempt to make them disperse.

CplDustov

May 7, 2009
DragonChi" post="9.237051.8468043 said:
LOTR..the Giant Eagle Race could just fly someone with the ring right into Mordor, into mount doom and drop off the ring. completely bypassing hours of unnecessary bother.[/quote

I think the story takes places over about a year. No? It's been a while I'll admit. So I agree with that in mind your point makes a loooooot of sense. Tolkien had an explanation of Eagles not meddling in human affairs too much but it was pretty.... lame.

Lightslei

Feb 18, 2010
DragonChi said:
LOTR..the Giant Eagle Race could just fly someone with the ring right into Mordor, into mount doom and drop off the ring. completely bypassing hours of unnecessary bother.
Yes, because the giant floating all seeing eye in the sky wouldn't see a group of people and army of birds flying right at his country...

and not have time to prepare a completely devastating aerial assault.

The point of the entire books (which they screwed up royally) was that they were supposed to be discreet.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
The T-Virus in the Resident Evil movies. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THAT VIRUS?!

First it's airborne and infects everyone, but then the team can walk through the base without getting infected because suddenly it's not airborne anymore; now it's only infectious when it's passed through fluid contact, because the plot says so! Yeah, fun fact, VIRUSES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! They don't randomly mutate their method of contraction within the space of a few minutes! And then, in the second movie, the virus can give people super psychic powers and shit, for some reason, and, in the third movie, it magically dries up all the water on Earth, and it's infectious to plants and animals of all species apparently. And yet, somehow, even though the T-Virus has infected the eco-system of the ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD enough people still manage to find uninfected food and water to survive travelling around in a convoy.

This is even what I don't. It really is. It's lucky these movies are so stupid that it isn't worth caring about. If this happened in a movie that had the potential to be good, I would be really pissed off.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
Lightslei said:
DragonChi said:
Yes, because the giant floating all seeing eye in the sky wouldn't see a group of people and army of birds flying right at his country...

and not have time to prepare a completely devastating aerial assault.

The point of the entire books (which they screwed up royally) was that they were supposed to be discreet.
I'm aware of all that, but this thread is meant to be theoretical though isn't it?....its still potentially possible if planned right.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
-=Spy=- said:
Judgement101 said:
Littlee300 said:
Just posting because I'm addicted to TVTropes, but:

1: The Corp wasn't a military group, it was simply private contractors made mostly of ex-soldiers. I doubt that they had the ability to attempt orbital bombardment. After all, they seem fairly arrogant, and I doubt the Stockholders would be happy with them packing orbital bombardment weaponry against an enemy armed with bows and arrows.

2: Not exactly sure how they would do that. How would you get a transport through the clouds of Na'vi and their birds? Placing something on the ground makes it vulnerable to attack as well.

3: Maybe some trees have extremely hard wood. In addition, I would expect the draw weight on their bows to be pretty high. And lastly, we don't know for sure if the glass is bulletproof. It may be, but didn't the Rouge Pilot shoot through the glass of the Dragon?

--------------

And to Judgment 101, they were planning on ignoring the Na'vi. Jake screwed that up by rallying the tribes. Had he simply let them disperse, they wouldnt have joined together. But because they did join together to expel the Corp, the Corp had no choice but try and take out what they saw as the "moral center" in an attempt to make them disperse.
1.IF you can travel faster then speed of light you can do whatever the hell you want. At least in my book.
2. How can those tree huggers kill a tank unless with those animals, not even bullets can take out a tank, easy... next!
3. If you don't have bullet proof gas and you are in the space age, how the hell did you travel faster then speed of light? Again how can they sharpen the wood in first place if it is super hard...

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Darth Kitty said:
After the debut of Super Saiyin, DBZ decided to stop trying to make sense. Case in point: the 5 minutes that lasted 20 episodes.

My picks:
Even with all the dead drops, alot of stuff in InFamous just wasn't explained. Looks like the answers are coming in the sequel, however. This bothers me because if the first game didn't sell well, a lot of stuff would then be left unexplained. See also: Assassin's Creed. It's a bit off topic, but without the sequels, these would have easily become plotholes.

On another side note: Mario Galaxy 2. What? Did 1 never happen?

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Its nit picking but i never bought the expliantion of what the Batmobile was suppose to be in Batman Begins. It was suppose to leap over a canyon caring a cable so a bridge could be built for troops to cross?

Okay so let me get this straight. we have a vehicle that costs several million dollars and we're going to lauch it off a fucking cliff? Isn't that a bit risky? What if the driver misses? Don't we already have trucks that can create bridges without crossing the gap?

The explination just never sat well with me. Now if you'd said that it was suppose to be a highly mobile armored scout vehicle i'd have bought it.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Littlee300 said:
2. How can those tree huggers kill a tank unless with those animals, not even bullets can take out a tank, easy... next!
He was refering to the transports I assume, which, if/when they fell, may just fuck up the tank and it's crew.

I still think the most glaring plothole in the movie was the way everything just united against the humans, though.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
CplDustov said:
I think the story takes places over about a year. No? It's been a while I'll admit. So I agree with that in mind your point makes a loooooot of sense. Tolkien had an explanation of Eagles not meddling in human affairs too much but it was pretty.... lame.
Jesus dying on top of a tower? Yeah, lets meddle there. Billions of other people's suffering and lives on the line? No, lets pass. That Jesus guy can handle it.