Most OP Weapon in a Game?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Bryan the Amazing said:
The most overpowered weapon is any weapon that is used to kill me.

Also, the most underpowered weapon is whatever weapon I happen to be using.
Words of wisdom.

Seriously though the most overpowered weapon ever besides a nuke is the B.F.G. 9000 or 10K depending on your preferences.

Blubberburg

Sep 17, 2009
usmarine4160 said:
the Fat Man in Fallout 3 and NV because it's a nuclear grenade launcher, put that in CoD and you have the grand noob tube of awesome
heh i found that weapon to suck cause id always be in range of it killing myself when i used it, cept for the one time the guys trying to kill me for being too good and the guys trying to kill me for being too evil came at the same time

wehrp3nguin

Dec 21, 2009
Tanegashima rifle or Solar gun from MGS4. One shoots tornadoes, the other is infinitely powered by "SUN LIGHT, GO!" and both make enemies drop a profuse amount of ammo.

EDIT: Any ranged attacks in Demon's Souls/ Dark Souls. Soul arrow was so OP in the first that they limited "Uses" in the second. Also, look up how many bosses can be killed by shooting hundreds of arrows from sneaky spots.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
meowchef said:
captaincabbage said:
Bryan the Amazing said:
The most overpowered weapon is any weapon that is used to kill me.

Also, the most underpowered weapon is whatever weapon I happen to be using.
And if you're ever killed by the same gun you're using, I'm pretty sure a singularity would form.

OT: I did ever so love the four barreled rocket launcher in the original Killzone. Just having four shots in a rocket launcher is overpowered enough, but when you add in the ability to fire all of them at once as smooth-arcing mortars, well that's just all kinds of fucked up.

Awesome, but fucked up.
The original Unreal had a rocket launcher called the 8-Ball. It held six rockets adn you can fire from one to six of them at a time in normal mode (with no trajectory... just a straight shot) and in secondary fire it became a grenade launcher and you could bounce the projectiles off walls and such.
Wha, that sounds magical. I guess I could one up everyone by saying the R.Y.N.O 5 from Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time. It has like, sixty barrels and spikes all over it and shoots bullets and rockets everywhere.

Oh and also, it plays the 1812 Overture (I think) every time you fire it.
If you can find a weapon more epic than this, then I respectfully concede defeat and tip my hat to you.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
A Tank in all the fun GTA games, I wasn't aware that tanks explode everything they touch lol.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
The blue, Combine energised-a-tron Gravity Gun from Half-Life 2. Since they couldn't find a way to have the physics manipulation work on "living" soldiers and whatnot, their elegant solution was to make it kill everything it touches.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Blatherscythe said:
usmarine4160 said:
the Fat Man in Fallout 3 and NV because it's a nuclear grenade launcher, put that in CoD and you have the grand noob tube of awesome
What, no MIRV? No Esther with tiny tots?
mysterious strangers magnum anyone? most op weapon ever...

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
The R.Y.N.O. guns from Ratchet & Clank games.
They fire 7-20 (Increasingly more, for each new version) auto-targeting nuclear missiles. They all have a 1 second rate of fire, and a large ammo capacity.
Add to this Ratchets great mobility in combat, and you are truly unstoppable.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
captaincabbage said:
Wha, that sounds magical. I guess I could one up everyone by saying the R.Y.N.O 5 from Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time. It has like, sixty barrels and spikes all over it and shoots bullets and rockets everywhere.

Oh and also, it plays the 1812 Overture (I think) every time you fire it.
If you can find a weapon more epic than this, then I respectfully concede defeat and tip my hat to you.
Ninja'd?
This has actually never happens to me before.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
M16 with stopping power on COD4. Used it all the time, it suited my style of play very well. (i.e-defending strategic choke-points from afar with an accurate assault rifle or sniper rifle). However, what i thought was mainly over-powered about it was that with steady aim you could fire it from the hip accurately at anyone in close quarters. Say you run into someone inside, with an M16 stopping power/steady aim, you stand a good chance of killing them.

PotluckBrigand

No family dinner is safe.
Jul 30, 2008
The KARASAWA in the early Armored Core games. Had to house-rule that one out of Vs. rounds, but no true friend would use it against you anyway.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
The Little Bird in Battlefield P4F. You can take out a tank in a few shots with the miniguns. Need I say more.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
You guys are all too young.

Nothing has topped the X-Com blaster launcher yet to date. Nothing.

Its a mini nuke that ets you program where you want it to go by setting waypoints.

I.e you can make it turn down corridors and navigate to where you want the mini nuclear explosion to go.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
I greatly dislike the term overpowered in a video game, especially competitive multiplayers. If you are skilled enough you could beat anyone with any weapon in the entire game, it seems to me that people only call a weapon overpowered or noobish when it kills them and not when they use it. The hypocrisy of that is absurd.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Grenades as support in Battlefield 2, they may as well be mini-nukes and as support you get an infinite supply of them.

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
Poisons in TES:IV Oblivion, as long as you know what you are doing / have high enough alchemy you are basically unstoppable.