Most Overpowered/Broken Anything In a Game?

xxnightlawxx

Nov 6, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
darth jacen said:
Fable 2 inferno level 5...Still gives me nightmares how easy that game became all of 2 hours in when I got it
You think THAT'S bad. Try Shock level 5.
How about any skill level 5! That is why they are level 5 though I suppose. Still though Highly overpowered!
ciortas1 said:
Death Knights in WoW. That is all.
This too!

Prometherion

Jan 7, 2009
The Roman Factions in Rome: Total War.

I mean their infantry isnt that good but in the game you have to fight all the campaign battles personally cos the autofight thinks that Romans are invincible.

It also does that for archer spam armies, which i swear are the most simple battles in a game.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Machine guns are often made weaker on a shot for shot basis when compared to rifles despite the caliber being the same or larger. I know its done in for sake of balance, but lowering the power is not the best way to do it.

Prometherion said:
The Roman Factions in Rome: Total War.

I mean their infantry isnt that good but in the game you have to fight all the campaign battles personally cos the autofight thinks that Romans are invincible.

It also does that for archer spam armies, which i swear are the most simple battles in a game.
The auto resolve in EMpire total war is retarded. A full army of top qaulity artillery and infantry will lose a good 40+ men to one or two units of Flint lock armed citizens, where I to play it myself I wouldn't lose any more than 5 men.

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfinityPlusOneSword

^ Everything on that list or that fits that description

/thread

AnonymouZero

Oct 23, 2009
it would have to be chronos or madman on Heroes Of Newerth. With the right items, there's NOTHING that can stop them.

(hon is a DOTA derivative... which itself is a derivative/mod for Warcraft III's online modes)

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
0zymandias said:
Orlandu in Final Fantasy Tactics
How about the vampire guy from the same game? The final boss was easier than him. At least he couldn't move anywhere on the field with immpunity and doesn't have a move that's garenteed to turn my men against me.

CatAttack

May 15, 2008
That thing you could do in Zelda: Wind Waker where you span round with your sword so fast it looked like helicopter blades!

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Twad said:
MAgic in oblivion, followed by everything else in the game.
Strictly speaking, Illusion magic. This is my 'How To Win At Oblivion' guide;

- Get the invisibility spell
- Get some sneaking skill
- Get a sword
- Go invisible, get behind monster, crouch, hit monster with sword. The critical from sneak will give a 6x damage modifier, and even if they don't die, you're behind them and still sneaking so they'll just stand there wondering what hit them. Then you hit them again.

Seriously, I did the entire Arena questline in about half an hour this way.
Pfah, small fry.
Enchant arrows/sword: On hit Fire Damage 1sec, Fire Weakness 100% 1 sec. Munches through everything.
Or on hit Burden/Strength Drain.

The classic though is to enchant 5 pieces of armour with Chameleon 20%. Yes it stacks. You are permanently invisible.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
the last version of the tentacle thing in FFX. it has first strike and the first thing it does is breathe a fog that causes poison, berserk and sleep/confusion to everyone. this is basically an insta kill spell if you don't have break damage limit on your weapons.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
archvile93 said:
0zymandias said:
Orlandu in Final Fantasy Tactics
How about the vampire guy from the same game? The final boss was easier than him. At least he couldn't move anywhere on the field with immpunity and doesn't have a move that's garenteed to turn my men against me.
Don't forget the calculator either. Or said vampire's assistants.

There's a lot of overpowering going on in this game, isn't there?

Barry Bragg

Feb 26, 2010
The Artificial Intelligence research from Post Information Age in Rise of Nations, if a player gets it and has a half decent economy, they are basically impossible to destroy. One on one, even superior players who tech less quickly can be defeated.

Mercurio128

Jan 28, 2010
I'd have to second Fable 2. Almost every spell becomes an unstoppable kill-o-matic when leveled to the top tier, which takes all of 2 hours if you know what you're doing. Last time I played it I deliberately used terrible equipment and no magic just to see what it would be like as a balanced game.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Probably paladins in World of Warcraft. I started playing when the burning crusade was released and I enjoyed playing as an underdog being slightly less powerful than the other classes. Although, after the expansion pack they became stupidly overpowered resulting in many people playing them instead of other classes and I just quit because I hated the fact that everyone was now playing my class.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Probably something that Blizzard coughed up for WoW.

They always seem to have "favourite" classes which get all the best armour and are still way overpowered no matter how many times they say they've made them weaker.
Mainly the Rogue, Warlock and Death Knight.