Most Overrated Game

Lorgar

Dec 24, 2009
Would have to be GTA 4 for my part. It never got my blood pumping like the old ones used to.

Dr. Gorgenflex

May 10, 2009
When I created this thread I think a lot of people misunderstood the term overrated. When I refer to this I mean that the game has received too much praise from reviewers and players then it deserves. This does not mean the game is bad, or that it was over hyped it just means it is over praised. There are a lot of games which have been given more praise than other, better games in the same genre. This is what the thread is about.

Shambl3s

Dec 16, 2009
Continuum said:
and also Star Wars Force Unleashed.
TFU was not even rated highly...

I'd have to go with GTA4 and Modern Warfare 2. Co op is great, the campaign is great but very very short. The core of the game, the multiplayer simply sucks balls.

sid02

Dec 14, 2009
Dr. Gorgenflex said:
When I created this thread I think a lot of people misunderstood the term overrated. When I refer to this I mean that the game has received too much praise from reviewers and players then it deserves. This does not mean the game is bad, or that it was over hyped it just means it is over praised. There are a lot of games which have been given more praise than other, better games in the same genre. This is what the thread is about.
In that case leet me adjust my previus statment.
I've heard about halo 3 everywere. In all the game websites and such and everywere they seem to mention that Halo 3 is a masterpiece that has been brought by the heavens.
I've played it and its noot bad. its a decent shooter but its not worth the praise it seems to geet. There are far more superior games out there like Bioshock or even Call of Cthulhu that i atleast think deserves the good things that i've heard about them.
(Sorry for bad spelling, but english is not my native language)

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Dr. Gorgenflex said:
Indeed, but most people on here don't pay much attention to what the threads are supposed to be about, not when they can rant/*****/moan about something and get away with it.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
almightywabbit said:
Due to a post someone just posted on a Wii thread which made me laugh, I change my answer.

Aura Guardian said:
Mario brought gaming back. So, yes. He's Jesus.
He is whether you like it or not. Why you posted this reply in this thread is beyond me.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
the Call of Duty series,
most of the Final Fantasy series,
GTA4, though im starting to like it,
Prototype,
and Left 4 Dead...

EDIT: oh shit... Halo! most of all.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
Shambl3s said:
Continuum said:
and also Star Wars Force Unleashed.
TFU was not even rated highly...

I'd have to go with GTA4 and Modern Warfare 2. Co op is great, the campaign is great but very very short. The core of the game, the multiplayer simply sucks balls.
Please dont take my words out of context. I beleive I said hyped and to stress that I even put it in italics. Seems it didn't work

Continuum said:
Also in terms of over hyped it's still Halo and CoD...and also Star Wars Force Unleashed.

theironbat46

Aug 19, 2009
garjian said:
the Call of Duty series,
Prototype,
and Left 4 Dead...

Prototype is overrated? Since when, I keep hearing average things. P.S Left 4 Dead deserves it. Everything else is overrated.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
theironbat46 said:
garjian said:
the Call of Duty series,
Prototype,
and Left 4 Dead...

Prototype is overrated? Since when, I keep hearing average things. P.S Left 4 Dead deserves it. Everything else is overrated.
yeah, everyone on the less overpopulated forums im on seems to adore it, and everyone who hasnt yet played it really desperately wants it for some reason...
its a terrible game...

in fact, even you calling it average is over-rating it.

and i find Left4Dead incredibly boring and samey...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
BillyShakes said:
I agree. Call of Duty series. Hands down.
Series?

I think you'll find the first CoD wasn't actually open to that much hype, and it was very very good.