Most pointless character in a game

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
The gaming industry has had many characters that don't help the story at all but I want to know who you think was the worst.

My vote would have to be for the majority of the Tekken characters; every character besides those with the devil gene or those who want the devil gene, the rest of the roster have no story, there just there so while your battleing through Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi's storylines its is longer than two battles.

[EDIT] Paul Phoenix and Marshall Law are also good bringing the interesting characters to a total of five

FuzziBunni

Jun 11, 2008
Those two dudes laughin under the tree in I think Kakariko village in LoZ:OoT. I can't remember if they had a purpose but I do remember talking to them everytime I played the game then remembered it was pointless.

EDIT: Agree with Army of Two

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
That new guy in Half-Life 2 episode 2...I forget his name. He came out of nowhere, theres no point to him, he's not even a patically good charcter. I just don't understand it, we probley won't even see him in episode 3, what the hell?!?

red_karma

Aug 24, 2008
Out of all the AI companions that suck, Ian, from Fallout 1, wins the gold medal for me. This idiot shoots you more than the bad guys do, runs between you and the enemy in every battle, and has no personality. Maybe I am asking too much from an old game but it was just so aggravating and unnecessary.

FuzziBunni

Jun 11, 2008
BallPtPenTheif post=9.69498.661763 said:
that godamn paperclip man in Microsoft Word.
OMG I love you. That f***ing paperclip never shuts up! I know what Im doing!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
FuzziBunni post=9.69498.661773 said:
BallPtPenTheif post=9.69498.661763 said:
that godamn paperclip man in Microsoft Word.
OMG I love you. That f***ing paperclip never shuts up! I know what Im doing!
Tell me about it! It needs to be removed from the face of the earth with a quickness.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Abu in Disney's Aladdin on the SNES. all he did was follow you around and then punch the air in front of him when you fight the boss.

QuadrAlien

Mar 20, 2008
Accurate as the statements about the Microsoft Paperclip may be, surely if you're considering Microsoft Word a game then your standards are beginning to slip rather seriously?

(Edited for overuse of the word "surely")

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
In Tenchu Z (a Ninja game for 360) you had to start the game by creating two Ninja, one was your character, the other was your sidekick or something, you only ever saw the sidekick maybe three times (within cut-scenes) before they died. I thought it was pretty pointless letting you choose what a character looked like if you never even saw them, or got to use them at all.

42manZ

Jun 7, 2008
The Turian in your party (can't remember the name) in Mass Effect. Even the Krogan had a part to play in however you try to calm him down, the Turian was just useless