Most stupid personal question you've been asked?

Chunga the Great

Sep 12, 2010
"Is your sister hot?"

OH YEP TOTALLY *rolls eyes*

Seriously, people can be fucking retarded when they find out you have an older sister.

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
TheFinish said:
Not personal, per se, but the two most objectively stupid questions I've been asked where:

"What time is it?" by a guy with a fully functional watch on his wrist; and

"Do these stairs go up or down?" regarding a set of normal stairs (not escalators).

As for personal, mostly having to do with religion. I'm Catholic, and a believer, but I'm studying to be a biologist. A lot of people then go and ask "But, you're going to be a scientist, how can you believe in GAWD?". Easy, by believing. 'Course, they get angry when I answer like that >_>
Same here, apperently a dream of being an astrophysist instantly means that I can't be a christan or something. That or when they ask a science question so mind-numbingly dumb (or make a statement of equal stupidity)
It makes one quickly lose faith in humanity

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
"Can I touch your hair?"
I wish I was joking, but I've had multiple people ask me this. My hair is red/orange, that means it looks different. It doesn't feel different.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Suki_ said:
Easton Dark said:
I was asked if I was a democrat or republican... I really don't like answering that. Why would you bind yourself to the policies of one group rather than get the best of both?
Because when you vote you cant just sit in the middle you have to choose one or the other.
No, you don't. There's more than two candidates and two parties.

Jun_Jun

Sep 21, 2009
I had a very good gay best friend, he had been honest and just an all round awesome friend for a few years, after not seeing him for about 10 months or so I decide to chat with him on facebook and catch up.
He flat out cracks on to me and asks me out... I am female. When I ask 'why?' he just said he was feeling bi-curious and was too scared to crack on to 'girly girls'. Now I wouldn't call myself un-feminine in appearance, but in the way I act.. I can see where he was coming from. Thanks gay friend for giving me a complex for a year after that (>_>)

Other stupid questions.. hmm..
Well I had a Christian friend who asked me why I was a 'Satanist' when I showed her my new pentacle pendant my fiancé bought me. When I enlightened her that I was in fact Wiccan and not a Satanist she asked 'what's the difference?' I couldn't get really mad at her since she lived a super sheltered uncultured Christian upbringing and she was honestly curious but still it was just mind blowing how little people know about non-Christian religion (@_@). Also got nothing against Satanism feel kind of sorry for you guys since the majority of people think Satanism = blood orgies + sacrificing newborns... rather than y'know following your own path of spiritual enlightenment, that's what religion is for.. (>_>)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Janitor at the place I used to work asked if I had kids. I said no. Will I be having them soon? No. Why not...did I have a medical problem?

I get asked what my husband is like in bed a lot, too.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Suki_ said:
Easton Dark said:
Suki_ said:
Easton Dark said:
I was asked if I was a democrat or republican... I really don't like answering that. Why would you bind yourself to the policies of one group rather than get the best of both?
Because when you vote you cant just sit in the middle you have to choose one or the other.
No, you don't. There's more than two candidates and two parties.
Ok let me rephrase that. Their is only two real candidates. Sure there are others but voting for them is the same as not voting at all.
True. I just don't like being labeled as one thing or another. We should do what's best, not what's most popular.

YingDerpington

Apr 23, 2012
Shocksplicer said:
"Are you from England?"
NO. I am NOT fucking well from England *****. Just because I speak English properly and don't speak like you doesn't mean I'm English you fucking bogan.

(I'm Australian)
I have encountered that problem many times over, I was born and raised in South-East Queensland, which probably has one of the more concentrated bogan populations, as a result, the majority of them will mistake me for being British/English (regardless of the fact that all outer appearances suggest I am of Asian descent) because I don't try to butcher the English language.

OT: "Are you from Britain/England/America" - Dozens of bogans I have had the unpleasant experience of conversing with.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
Random guy: so you play video games right?

me: well yes i do

Random guy: what console do you play?

me: i don't play on consoles i am a PC Gamer

Random guy: you can play Video Games on a Computer?!

lets just say after that i have stopped trying to be social outside my group

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
"You don't really believe in aliens do you?"
I find anyone who does not believe in extra-terrestrial life a bit dumb.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
When I was going to a fancy dress party dressed as a tiger (a bit of a stylised outfit, for sure, but I had the fur and the stripes and the tail and ears and the face paint with stripes and whiskers, the whole tigery shebang) and some kids in the street stopped me and asked if I was an 'emo'.

Ryan Minns said:
"...Is it in?"

...*Dies a little inside*
To be fair, if you're not moving much or not at the right angle it's kind of hard to tell, everywhere where there are nerves are tingly at that point and everywhere where there aren't is numb. I've had perfectly well sized guys that I've not been sure if they're in or out until they start doing their thing because you're only half conscious of reality by that point. :p

renegade7 said:
When a girl asks "What are you thinking about?"

Infuriating. What am I supposed to say? What I'm actually thinking about (Breasts, spaceships, etc.)?
Well, yeah. Are you telling me that guys only give me boring answers to this question because they're ashamed to tell me they're thinking of breasts or spaceships? We're aware you like breasts and spaceships, you don't have to lie about it!

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
I have an older brother who looks vaguely similar, though he half a foot taller and 100 lb heavier. People ask us if we are twins, we are not. That's not the stupid question. The stupid question is:

"Are you sure?" No we aren't sure we're not twins, even though he's over a year older, we have massively different heights and weights. Obviously our parents have been lying to us for over a quarter century.

Kapri

Jul 20, 2011
Friend: "So... um, can girls like... um, control their periods?"

Me: "If we could do you really think we'd have them in the first place?"

Let the 1,000 face palms commence!

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
"When are you getting married?"

why is it default that I will be getting married and is only a matter of time?

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
templar1138a said:
It wasn't the question that was stupid so much as the response to my answer. I was asked this in high school:

Friend: So, what are you giving up for Lent?

Me: I'm giving up Lent for Lent.

Friend: Oh, how conformist of you.

Me: Oh, how Atheist of me.

Yeah. She was dumbstruck.
can't just let this one past me as I assume I'm going to like it a lot as soon as I find out what's Lent. So
What's Lent? Haven't found it in dictionary. (Actually I did, it told me what I already knew - past tense of "to lend", but it's clearly not that).

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
MidnightSt said:
templar1138a said:
It wasn't the question that was stupid so much as the response to my answer. I was asked this in high school:

Friend: So, what are you giving up for Lent?

Me: I'm giving up Lent for Lent.

Friend: Oh, how conformist of you.

Me: Oh, how Atheist of me.

Yeah. She was dumbstruck.
can't just let this one past me as I assume I'm going to like it a lot as soon as I find out what's Lent. So
What's Lent? Haven't found it in dictionary. (Actually I did, it told me what I already knew - past tense of "to lend", but it's clearly not that).
Being an Atheist, I barely know what it is myself. Next time, check wikipedia, not the dictionary.