Most terrifying experience

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Can you recall your most terrifying experience of your life? Perhaps on the brink of death?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I haven't been on the brink of death yet. So instead, I will say this...

Hit by a car at age nine, broken leg.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
The realization that I may die at any moment and that I will never achieve all of my aspirations.
Kindergarten.
Damn you Miss Cohen!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I...read a bad fanfic. *Cue dramatic music. On a more serious note, sleeping and creepy sounds. I can't sleep if something is going bump in the night.
FalloutJack said:
Haven't seen you around much these days, nice to see you :D

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
At five years old being locked in the disused toilet block of a Victorian Era, granite built, sports pavilion, in the pitch black, for six hours. Surrounded by spiders, rats, the stink of sewage and vomit, garbage and god knows what else until someone heard me crying.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I've never come close to death as in fading out of existence, but I've had my share of close calls.

I was driving to a 7-11 at night with my GF. I just pulled out of my apartment complex when I was broadsided by a speeding Chevy Malibu. It hit square into my drivers door. Since I didn't see it coming I had the privileged of watching the windshield crack from the left side flowing to the right like forks of lightning and watching the dashboard snap out of place.

The door went so far in that the door interior actually curled around my steering wheel. I walked away dazed with just minor seatbelt bruises. My GF chipped a tooth.

I'm not very religious, but I must admit I've seen what these type of accidents usually do and I consider myself very very lucky.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Nouw said:
I...read a bad fanfic. *Cue dramatic music. On a more serious note, sleeping and creepy sounds. I can't sleep if something is going bump in the night.
FalloutJack said:
Haven't seen you around much these days, nice to see you :D
On occasion, I decide not to bother with the site and leave it for a while. The Desert Bus event sort of rolled me back into circulation, but uhhh...ugly board.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
FalloutJack said:
On occasion, I decide not to bother with the site and leave it for a while. The Desert Bus event sort of rolled me back into circulation, but uhhh...ugly board.
Can't blame 'ya for that ;)

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Got in a car wreck with my dad, after he had a coughing fit at the wheel. Bruised my arm and neck. Nothing major. The car my dad was in was in bad shape, but he ended up putting it together in a really eye catching and unique way.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Nearly died. Or so I thought. Stepped on a sea urchin, just today, in fact. (I'm on vacation, with a laptop. It's night, and I'm bored at my hotel.) Hurt like a son of a *****, for about an hour. Got to my room, got my phone, googled what to do, and it worked.

That was very scary, for the first few minutes of the confusion.

Umm...ok, what else...

I was in a plane when it got hit by lightning once, nothing major happened there, though.

Something else...

Oh. Right.

So, I was visiting my grandparents in Israel, when one day, early afternoon, just after I woke up (I know, late), the alarm went off. Now, if you don't know, there are alarms in Israel that go off if there is a threat, like a missile threat. Holy shit. Panic everywhere. We managed to get down to the "bunker" downstairs, with the rest of the people in the building. It was dark, and tight in there, and all we could hear was breathing. After an hour, we were released, and told it was just a drill. Well, I didn't know that, and I don't think anyone else did.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Getting stabbed was probably the worst, Being shot at (not shot, shot AT) was the second, being threatened at gunpoint for something someone else was doing was also pretty bad.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Er, that's a tough one! I don't really know, I guess I've been lucky enough to not have had any experience so bad that it really jumps out at me from memories. No doubt that'll change sooner or later.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
ace_of_something said:
Getting stabbed was probably the worst, Being shot at (not shot, shot AT) was the second, being threatened at gunpoint for something someone else was doing was also pretty bad.
Would it really have been that much less terrifying if they threatened you for something you were doing?

There was either that time I was got accidentally shut into the storage part of a coach bus, or that time an elevator door took part of my right big toe. If I remember correctly, the elevator had to be put down because it had been exposed to the taste of human flesh (not really).

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Dags90 said:
If I remember correctly, the elevator had to be put down because it had been exposed to the taste of human flesh (not really).
Sigh...if only things like this happened for real...

OT: I remembered another one. I was walking in a park, when a tree branch, a big one, fell down right next to me. Just, walking, and then, all of a sudden, *CRASH*, and there was a tree branch next to me. Yeah, freaked me out a bit.

toolateforsundown

Dec 17, 2011
I was gang raped when I was fifteen.

Now that I think about it, that's a sort of obvious/awkward-to-mention-in-public one, isn't it?

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
redisforever said:
Sigh...if only things like this happened for real...

OT: I remembered another one. I was walking in a park, when a tree branch, a big one, fell down right next to me. Just, walking, and then, all of a sudden, *CRASH*, and there was a tree branch next to me. Yeah, freaked me out a bit.
Honestly, it probably should have been replaced with something designed better. With my foot pinned underneath the door, I couldn't hit the button to open the door. Thankfully my parents heard my blood curdling screams, and my dad managed to get the door open before it sent me to another floor, presumably to finish eating me.