Most uncomfortable controller you have seen or used?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
9_6 said:
The N64 controller, for all the praise it got for its "innovative", ergonomy actually is a piece of crap if you look back to it now.
The stick wears off pretty much the second you touch it too. I burnt through 2 N64 controllers in its lifetime but my original ps2 controller still works perfectly with no sign of wearing and you have more functionality available without the need to switch positions.

Also almost no game used the d-pad which is actually good because the N64 d-pad is the worst piece of shit I have ever laid my thumb on.
Actually, it's one of the best I've ever used. I hate using two joy pads.

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
PoisonUnagi said:

Oh dear. PS1 Dualshock will do me, thanks.
Or PS2 Dualshock, it's basically the same.
Agreed.....I just can't get used to it.....It feels like I'm holding a brick, since it's just so bulky. :S

Proven Paradox

Apr 10, 2011
Add another vote for the N64 controller. I hated those things. I have two hands. A controller with three grip points does not compute.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
The original Xbox controller. While not an Xbox fan even in the modern generation, I'll admit that the 360 did a decent job. But the original Xbox controller was quite possibly the most uncomfortable, poorly-designed, and downright unwieldy controller I've ever used.

I'm partial to the PS1/PS2/PS3 controller myself, but that's probably because after 7 years of Final Fantasy XI on PS2 my hands evolved specifically towards handling that thing. In the same way I can't play Red Dead Redemption and inFamous because the controls are so "off" to me compared to that game.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
9_6 said:
PoisonUnagi said:

Oh dear. PS1 Dualshock will do me, thanks.
Or PS2 Dualshock, it's basically the same.
I never got how people can call ps2 controllers good but xbox controllers terrible.
They're the exact same thing right down to the button layout except that an analog stick swaps position with the d-pad which is no big deal.
It's a huge deal for me because I almost ALWAYS use the D-Pad and the right button is impossible to hit on that ghastly thing.

chocolatekake

Dec 22, 2010
Faux Furry said:
The Colecovision Controllers were pretty unwieldy.

As you can see, they were essentially TV remote controls retrofitted for gaming purposes.
As crappy as the number pad and side buttons are, I still like the joystick on that old beauty.

Although I may just have a soft spot for supposedly terrible controllers. I also love the N64 controller. But that L button (with thankfully very limited use) was a bit strange.

As for controllers I don't like, I've never been a big fan of the DualShock. Especially the third one with its cursed triggers. They just feel wrong. And growing up with an N64 and Gamecube with their analog sticks being at the top of the controller and having the little grooves for the eight general directions, it's proved quite difficult to push straight up on the left analog stick on DualShocks.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
funguy2121 said:
GrimHeaper said:
I would say the Gamecube is the most conformable controller I have ever seen and not the gamecube controller, the gamecube itself.
So what is the most uncomfortable controller you have used or seen?
Obliteration of the law of identity. Sorry, cannot ansr now Must call freinds &Family and tel thm that I love them bFour the universe collapses.

On a serious note: just what are you saying here? Your preferred method of controlling Gamecube games involves holding onto the console handle? Are you the guy who discovered motion control?
Ice Azure said:
GrimHeaper said:
I would say the Gamecube is the most conformable controller I have ever seen and not the gamecube controller, the gamecube itself.
The fuck? If anything, I found the Gamecube controller to be the best of Bentendo Nintendo. One of the most comfortable controllers for me to use.

I count the Wii Wheel as an uncomfortable to use and a horrible choice. I tried it for MKWii once, I dropped it immediately, it was too hard to use. I'm pretty good at MKWii too, I believe I had something like a 5.00 W/L Ratio with about 23,000ish Wins. Also had 9,999 VR and kept it up there for a long time. I could use the Nunchuck and GC controller proficiently after a few hours of getting used to the controls. The Wii Wheel? I found staying on the track to be a strenuous task, the controls were awkward, hard to control/steer, etc.
No the GAMECUBE itself can be a controller.
7:13 onwards.

tehlordofmyownworld

Jun 12, 2011
I liked the old PS2 controllers, back when I was a kid.Now a days, they feel so tiny in my hands.The original Xbox controller felt clunky, and ill fitting.

I stick to Xbox 360, but defintely NOT Xbox Live.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
For me, the N64 controller was one of the most uncomfortable controllers I have ever picked up, especially because I was only about 9 when the N64 came out, so it was difficult for me to wrap my hands around it. Even my dad, when he played a marathon session of Resident Evil 2 on the N64 complained that his hand was cramping up. I mean, just look at it

It was cool that you could get it in different colours though. I had the gold controller, whereas my brother had a green controller.

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
I hate all xbox controllers. The D pad and all buttons are garbage and the asymmetrical joysticks tick me off. That said, PS2 and PS3 controllers are by far the most comfortable controllers I have ever held

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Haven't used a lot of controllers, basically just mouse+keyboard.
But the one i like the least is the PS3 one. It was just... a bit weird, i dunno. Can't really describe it...
Though i did like the Xbox360 controller more, it felt like it was more suited to be in my hands...but it was a bit heavy. But that's just my opinion.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
GrimHeaper said:
The controller looks weird but it's actually pretty easy to use. It's like using the Nintendo equivalent of the Xbox360 controller (an X360 controller missing the left bumper)

The most awkward controller I've used is actually the mouse/keyboard setup.

the_dancy_vagrant

Apr 21, 2009
Icehearted said:
Dreamcast controller solely because the triggers were too far back and it cramped my fingers at the knuckle something fierce.
Going with the DC controllers, but for a different reason.

The analog stick was fine, but the D-pad f'ing sucked. It could only have been worse if it had been made of sandpaper and ground glass. Didn't matter for many games. But playing fighting games, if you didn't have an arcade stick then you could maybe - MAYBE - play for about 4 rounds before you had to quit and ice your thumb.