Most Under-rated Game

DiabloBub666

Aug 1, 2010
What's the most disliked game that you have had the most fun with?
This could be based on personal experience or professional reviews; I don't care.

For me, it would have to be... One Piece: Grand Battle. It's my ultimate guilty pleasure.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Nier. No question.

Got decent to poor reviews by most critics yet it was my favourite game of last year and the best game I had played in a while. Amazing game which proves most critics are superficial assholes who can't appreciate a good game despite minor flaws.
Fuck you, Gamespot and IGN.
Fuck you hard.

Scoffy89

Jan 12, 2011
Singularity.

Although I can admit it was a very flawed game and I did buy it when it was about 18 euro I didn't think it was as bad as some of the reviews I wouldn't say underrated but not as bad as it seems and it was fun.

Scoffy89

Jan 12, 2011
Singularity.

Although I can admit it was a very flawed game and I did buy it when it was about 18 euro I didn't think it was as bad as some of the reviews I wouldn't say underrated but not as bad as it seems and it was fun.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
Alpha Protocol
3D Dot Game Heroes (underrated in the sense that it deserves to be more popular than it is)
Saints Row 2
Mount and Blade: Warband, and well as With Fire and Sword (haven't played them too much, but I've been enjoying them).

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
For me it would be Metro 2033.

I've said this before, but I loved the game and I've replayed it a lot of times, I just found it a really fun game to play.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
No More Heroes, Heroes Paradise. Its only on the PS3 so thats why its underated. Bad first impressions, but at the end it was alot of fun. Highly recommend it.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
War for Cybertron. Got mediocre reviews, but the gameplay was fantastic and cool-looking. I'll be damned if I should stop truck-ramming jets in midair just because Yahtzee said it's borin.

Seriously, get this game. It's awesome.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
KOTOR II. I don't understand the amount of hate it gets from KOTOR fans, I thought it was just as good as the first, and it would have been much better if it had actually been finished. (KOTOR I/II sit firmly in my second favorite game(s) spot).

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
TheSaw said:
For me it would be Metro 2033.

I've said this before, but I loved the game and I've replayed it a lot of times, I just found it a really fun game to play.
Good choice. I didn't like it as much as the STALKER games, but it was a more focused game (for better and worse) and was one of the best games of 2010, in my opinion.

I also need to show some love to Bungie's Oni (2001). I played through it several times and still enjoy it. The mix of hand-to-hand fighting and gunplay hasn't been matched since.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Games, a description, and their gamerankings rating (if one exists for it)

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (68.20). A moderately good tactical RPG, with a decent (if slightly predictable) story. Not to mention... It's also a musical! A very ballsy move, especially given that it's the dev's first game.

Phantom Brave: We Meet Again (76.73): This is the real deal now. Heart warming story, excellent combat. The confine system is absolutely amazing. How is Halo 3 considered better than this?!

Deadly Premonition (69.66): Survival horror done right. Likable, well done main character some genuine "WTF" moments.

Monster Hunter 3 (85): The Gamerankings rating is actually fairly accurate in this one. I'm more talking about the amount of hatred it seems to get on this forum, and how few people seem to be willing to give it a try.

La Pucelle: Tactics (82.40): In particular I love the purification system. Fun times had with them & dark streams.

Wonder boy 2 (N/A): "Nintendo Hard" arcade-style platformer. Kill the enemies! Gather the coins! Kill the dragon and save the world! (Not to be played for the narrative)

Hmmm... What else...

Legend of Zelda 2 (N/A): Sure it's a little different from Legend of Zelda & Link to the Past. Sure it's unforgivably hard in comparison. But what are we, cowards?!

Startropics (N/A): Just a fantastic title in every way. The sequel sucks, but the original game? AWESOME.

Deathsmiles (78.18): A very fun shmup. Maybe it's because I'm from North America where almost nobody plays the genre at all...

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (70): Sometimes I don't want to commit to a 100-hour masterpiece story. Someimes I want to beef jerky instead of filet mignon.

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
Chibz said:
Deadly Premonition (69.66): Survival horror done right. Likable, well done main character some genuine "WTF" moments.
Agreed. That game had some really likeable characters. It was a great open world mystery/horror game, albeit a tad predictable. The soundtrack was exceptional as well, but I'm not linking or embedding due to major spoilers.

+1 vote for Deadly Premonition. Anyone who loved Twin Peaks or Case Closed should give this game a try. It can be dull at times, but the story was worth it.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
HALO 1...no seriously, alot of people wont bother with it even though it made FPSs what they are today and pretty muched saved the xbox.