Most Underrated Game of All Time?

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
my opinion, taking a nod from Mr. Croshaw, i will have to go with Psychonauts. honestly, when i beat that game, i couldnt think of one thing wrong with it. that game was absolutely perfect.
smooth and fluid gameplay, outstanding dialogue, hilarious characters, i mean wow. what a masterpiece of a game.

What do you think guys?

EDIT: sorry guys, didnt mean to double/triple/quad post this topic. i just like discussing things with people lol

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Inb4 Okami/Shadow of Collusus/Psychonauts.

I guess you already beat me with the Psychonauts one though. Seriously though, Search button man. I usually defend people who make repeat topics but this one is done to death >_<

Oh by the way...Bubsy gets my vote, not the abomination that is the PS1 game, but the SNES days.

Heas

Oct 31, 2008
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines
And I'm not sure about underrated, But the legacy of Kain series.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
As soon as I read the topic title I was thinking phychonauts but since you already said it, you win.

blunted

May 9, 2008
you Escapist guys and your Psychonauts praise circle jerks..

I haven't been able to play through that game more than once, too much crap-collecting for my taste. It was well written and voiced, though.

Most underrated?

It's all about the God Hand, baby.

that, or Lode runner.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
blunted said:

I haven't been able to play through that game more than once, too much crap-collecting for my taste. It was well written and voiced, though.

Most underrated?

that, or Lode runner.
all i can do is stare at you blankly. theres a reason that 80% of the people on this site like Psychonauts, because ITS A GOOD GAME! shocking isnt it. and as for "God Hand", god should have taken his hand and tossed that crap in the garbage.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I don't get why everyone like Psychonauts, it bored the hell out of me.

I'm not sure what the most underrated game ever is. I liked 2 xbox originals that no one has ever heard of, Enclave and Gladius, both amazing games that can't be played on the 360 because of backwards compatibility.

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
metal arms, glitch in the system.

I don't know if it's most underrated. But I had never heard about it before I found it in a bargin bin, and it's awesome.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
Well, its not really underrated, but many people criticized the GC Zelda and didn't even give it a chance because of it's childish look... I started playing it to help my little nephew get through it. Didn't return the controller till like three days later, having finished every single sidequest. So yeah, I loved the game, and now I think the look is even kind of charming. The sprite "puffs" that the bombs made are so awesome ^_^

Btw, is this topic dead, or just too new?

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
VZLANemesis said:
Well, its not really underrated, but many people criticized the GC Zelda and didn't even give it a chance because of it's childish look... I started playing it to help my little nephew get through it. Didn't return the controller till like three days later, having finished every single sidequest. So yeah, I loved the game, and now I think the look is even kind of charming. The sprite "puffs" that the bombs made are so awesome ^_^

Btw, is this topic dead, or just too new?
i totally agree with you bro, Wind Waker is one of my favorite games ever.

Billy_Pilgrim

Aug 6, 2008
ToonLink said:
blunted said:

Most underrated?

that, or Lode runner.
all i can do is stare at you blankly. theres a reason that 80% of the people on this site like Psychonauts, because ITS A GOOD GAME! shocking isnt it. and as for "God Hand", god should have taken his hand and tossed that crap in the garbage.
Exactly, if 80% of this site like it, why exactly do you think it's underrated?

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
I have a couple: 007 Everything or Nothing was lots of fun. I got it for 8 bucks at a flea market and it rocked my socks off. Another one is XIII. It's a shame there was no sequel because it ended on a total cliffhanger. I thought it was a pretty solid FPS.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I JUST REMEMBERED! The award DEFINITELY goes to Space Station Silicon Valley, one of the best (and least known) games of all time.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
Haunting Grounds. I got it for 2.99.

btw. Shadow of the Colossus is not underrated. When it gets a lot of near perfect scores everywhere, the only thing missing is advertising.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I would say SoTC, except that everyone has come to their senses and now has played it, so I'm going to go with it's older brother, ICO. Not quite as good as SoTC, but still excellent.

Aumichan

Feb 25, 2008
Jak and Dexter. It was for the PS2. THe scenery was great and the story was pretty solid.