Most Underrated Game of All Time?

falcontwin

Aug 10, 2008
Grim Fandango, One of the best avdenture games ever with a great story full of memorable charecters.

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
I just thought of another one: Prince of Persia Warrior Within. Yes, the fact that they tried to 'badass' the Prince is kind of annoying, but the game itself is at least just as fun and well-made as the others in the Sands series. To my dying day, I will never understand the hate that game gets.

Calax

Jan 16, 2009
Zone of the Enders 2: the Second runner (aka Anubis)

One of the few good mecha combat games in the world.

dexnlondon

Feb 2, 2009
Indigo Prophecy
The Darkness
Prey
Condemned: Criminal Origins
I know they're not that old, but they sold like shit compared to big name games like Gears of War and so I stand by them.

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
Aumichan said:
Jak and Dexter. It was for the PS2. THe scenery was great and the story was pretty solid.
That's underrated? I thought people just don't talk about it much. But yeah, if that counts, it's my favorite game of all time.

shadow_pirate22

Aug 25, 2008
bushwhacker2k said:
I JUST REMEMBERED! The award DEFINITELY goes to Space Station Silicon Valley, one of the best (and least known) games of all time.
For me, either that, or Castlevania Judgement.

Tekrae

Nov 8, 2008
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky.
The gameplay is excellent, the graphics rival Crysis', the game is very original, and yet it has to be sold at penetration price just to get some sales.

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
shadow of the collosus, okami, jak and daxter, and sly cooper are pretty well recognized, and are known by critics and everyone as great games. I dont see how these are underrated at all...

Mine is Zone of the Enders 2

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
God Hand
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
Zone of the Enders 2
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix

THESE are REAL underrated games. As somebody else said, Psychonauts isn't underrated. Part of a game being overlooked or underrated is that people don't always go on about how good it is.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
Billy_Pilgrim said:
ToonLink said:
blunted said:
you Escapist guys and your Psychonauts praise circle jerks..

I haven't been able to play through that game more than once, too much crap-collecting for my taste. It was well written and voiced, though.

Most underrated?

It's all about the God Hand, baby.

that, or Lode runner.
all i can do is stare at you blankly. theres a reason that 80% of the people on this site like Psychonauts, because ITS A GOOD GAME! shocking isnt it. and as for "God Hand", god should have taken his hand and tossed that crap in the garbage.
Exactly, if 80% of this site like it, why exactly do you think it's underrated?
Cuz it didnt exactly get much attention when it got released...
A couple of people have played it by now, but its still not a lot. This place being like a geek-con of course most people know it and how good it is.

Billy_Pilgrim

Aug 6, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
Kane & Lynch
I didn't think of that, but I absolutely agree. The controls were horrible but the story (at least the first half) was gritty and engaging.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
awsome117 said:
Golden Sun 1 and 2 by Camalot. Great RPG's that almost no one has ever heard of.
Really? I've seen a few. But you have a point. They were awesome (at least GS 1), so more should know about 'em.
Billy_Pilgrim said:
Anybody remember XIII? Sure, it wasn't much like the comics, but it gets my vote all the same.
Hell yes! I had a lot of fun with it, and it was harder than most FPS's. That's definitely an underrated game.

dexnlondon said:
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Whether it is underrated, I do not really know. It if is, it is extremely so. Incredibly awesome game.

Grim Fandango has been loved so damn much, so I can't really agree on that one. Baldurs Gate has also been loved enough, and ICO definitely has. Underrated? I can't seem to understand how you'd think that game is.

I could vote for F-Zero GX. It's probably the most fun I've had with a racing game. Red Faction was great as well.

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Panzer Dragoon Orta. Think Rez but with control over a player character set in a desolate and intriguing game world which actually has it's own language. It's criminal that this hasn't been released as an Xbox original yet.