Most useful weapon in Fallout 3

tumpler

Jul 9, 2009
What is your most useful weapon in Fallout 3? Mine would have to be the hunting rifle because, every time I run out of ammo, my weapon breaks, or an enemy is too far to punch to death I always have a hunting rifle as a back up weapon and it never disappoints.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Hunting is an all-around good weapon; I also really enjoy the Combat Shotgun for hurling Yao-Guais and Deathclaws through the air.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
My most useful weapons are the Terrible Shotgun and the Xaunlong Assault Rifle. Although Lincoln's Repeater comes in a close third.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I agree on the hunting rifle because .32 ammo and replacement parts for the rifle are so easy to come across. That and as a weapon it does a great job, especially midway through the game when you have your skills high enough to get a good number of headshots. Also midway through the game though the rifle is still plentiful, still will defeat any enemy, and still has abundant ammo.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
The Ripper, Hunting Rifle, and Assault Riffle.

Those are the best. Oh and Grenades. Those are cool

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
The Nukes work rather well, especially the MIRV, but in close quarters, the flaming shishkabob (sp)is quite handy for a free shot.

Ayrav

Dec 12, 2008
Going to say the Bottle-cap mine, A LOT of damage and dirt cheap to make. Combat knife is my all time favorite though.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
The Hunting Rifle, ammo isn't a big issue and its a easy to find weapon so its easy to keep in good condition.
It's very accurate, packs a punch and looks picturesque from all view points.

It might not be the best, but it is the most useful.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
Whatever that melee weapon is that's a fucking portable chainsaw, yeah that, that's a sweet gun. Although I love carrying the missile launcher just for the sheer joy of blowing absolutely anything up when a shotgun blast to the face could have done the job. But seriously, it explodes, what more could you want?

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
The Blackhawk is awesome. One of the best weapons in the game. Though it's not really that useful (unless you have some mods to me that makes repairs easier and actually makes the ammo possible to obtain).

So the most useful weapon is the hunting rifle. Easy to obtain ammo, incredibly common allowing for easy repair, fairly strong, and quit accurate. That or the Rock-it-Launcher, sinc eit can turn anything into ammo.

Nyeb

Feb 7, 2009
I have to agree on the hunting rifle as the most useful, but word of advice kiddies.

Go to the Republic of Dave and kill Dave. Unlock his safe and find 'Ol Painless. It's a hunting rifle that does a little more damage. The only downside is no more of Dave's Republic. Worth it, for a more powerful useful weapon.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
Alien Blaster (high critical rate)
Lincolns repeater(a sniper dreesed up as a .44 hunting rifle)
Sydneys 'Ultra' SMG(50 ammo as opposed to 30, and more than 1.5x)

ObnoxiousTwat

Sep 28, 2008
Lincoln's Repeater.(sp?)

Love that gun and it's more efective for me than the hunting rifle. I can also buy ammo(unlike alien blaster).