Most useless item in a game?

MBergman

Oct 21, 2009
funguy2121 said:
The submachinegun in Resident Evil 4.
Are you kidding? I love the SMG in RE4. Get the stock, upgrade it get, 200-300 bullets and then it's game time!

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
Singularity Bombs in Red Faction Guerilla, take too long to explode, don't have a big enough blast radius, incredibly hard to find.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
MBergman said:
funguy2121 said:
The submachinegun in Resident Evil 4.
Are you kidding? I love the SMG in RE4. Get the stock, upgrade it get, 200-300 bullets and then it's game time!
I always preferred an upgraded shotgun and the occasional mine dart

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Markshiogin said:
funguy2121 said:
The Butterfly pendants in Wind Waker.
not true you could sell them or trade them in for an item that let you see the enimy's health
Yeah but how many enemies have sufficient health to actually warrant this? Strikes Moblin once, health down 33%. Strikes Moblin a second time, health down 66%. Boring. Let me make this clear: I do not like fetch quests. If there's a hammer or an upgraded bow involved, or perhaps a huge sword that doesn't break while you're in the middle of fighting Ganon, that's another story.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
"Crumpled Piece of Paper" in Oblivion.

EDIT: Maybe it's not entirely useless: you can throw it away.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Pararaptor said:
Arkvoodle said:
The Muscle-mass form in "Prototype."
Muscle-mass was one of the best powers in the game when fully upgraded. You could take out a Strike Helicopter in one kick when you had it out.

AND YOU COULD PUNCH PEOPLE SO HARD THEY WOULD EXPLODE.
You could also grab someone and throw him so hard, he would make a tunnel in a crowd. And decapitating anyone in the way.

Markshiogin

Dec 10, 2009
funguy2121 said:
Markshiogin said:
funguy2121 said:
not true you could sell them or trade them in for an item that let you see the enimy's health
Yeah but how many enemies have sufficient health to actually warrant this? Strikes Moblin once, health down 33%. Strikes Moblin a second time, health down 66%. Boring. Let me make this clear: I do not like fetch quests. If there's a hammer or an upgraded bow involved, or perhaps a huge sword that doesn't break while you're in the middle of fighting Ganon, that's another story.
i would wholeheartedly agree with you if you accually had to go out of your way to get them but as a drop from one of the most common enimies in the game I think that it was accually pretty good.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
The jade hair ornament in Demon's Souls.

What the hell is that for?
You can trade it in with Thomas for a ring. Can't remember what it does though. Or you can trade it to The Crow.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Half the stuff you find in Oblivion excluding paint brushes since you can fucking [strong]climb[/strong] them!

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Markshiogin said:
funguy2121 said:
Markshiogin said:
funguy2121 said:
i would wholeheartedly agree with you if you accually had to go out of your way to get them but as a drop from one of the most common enimies in the game I think that it was accually pretty good.
Then what's the most useless item in a game to you?

Ooo! Ooo ooo ooo. The early Megaman games had "power-ups" that only gave you points! Points, in a Megaman game! I don't remember people giving a shit about points in the Double Dragon coin-up, let alone the home console Megaman games. Thanks, Inafune and Kuri Kuri's Papa! Thanks for the points!

Markshiogin

Dec 10, 2009
funguy2121 said:
Markshiogin said:
funguy2121 said:
Markshiogin said:
funguy2121 said:
Then what's the most useless item in a game to you?

Ooo! Ooo ooo ooo. The early Megaman games had "power-ups" that only gave you points! Points, in a Megaman game! I don't remember people giving a shit about points in the Double Dragon coin-up, let alone the home console Megaman games. Thanks, Inafune and Kuri Kuri's Papa! Thanks for the points!
Like i said items wort 0 caps in Fallout 3