Most useless weapons in gaming

Jaso11111

Sep 22, 2010
So i ask you, in your opinion, what is the most useless weapon in gaming?
Persnaly i say the Chinese pistol from Fallout 3.

MrRetroSpectacles

Mar 6, 2011
Anything other than the use of magic in Fable 3 was utterly pointless. Hold down one button and clear or decimate ten enemies at once, or spend ten minutes firing a slow reloading flintlock at wolfmen that can dodge any attack. Oh and here's a sword/axe, just because we think you'd look cool.

silent299

Mar 29, 2011
Since firearms are so common, I would have to say pretty much any melee weapon in Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas. Also, if anyone has played The Witcher (the first one) you will remember that there are many weapons that "don't suit witcher combat styles"...Why would you use a weapon that clearly states that it is not as effective as your default sword?

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
The crobar/wrench/any melee weapon they give me in an FPS before I actually get a gun. Whats the point?

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
silent299 said:
Since firearms are so common, I would have to say pretty much any melee weapon in Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas.
Not if you're playing NV on hardcore, where ammo has weight. Melee weapons are fucking life savers!

Normandyfoxtrot

Feb 17, 2011
Melee weapons in like 99.98% of Fps/TPS games, look guys we all know your not going to let me run out of ammo in your rail shooter why would I use the fucking knife?

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
silent299 said:
Since firearms are so common, I would have to say pretty much any melee weapon in Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas.
In fallout NV melee was ridiculously over powered.

diebane

Apr 7, 2010
JesterRaiin said:
FatMan from Fallout 3.
It causes "save for later, never use" syndrome. :|
Hm...you're right. You always feel bad when you use it, thinking you just wasted ammo...

I call the poke attack from Worms Armageddon, I think it took away 1 health from the enemy and just pushed him a little.

mfG diebane

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Shadowstar38 said:
The crobar/wrench/any melee weapon they give me in an FPS before I actually get a gun. Whats the point?
Well using a shotgun to open crates is a sign of complete reckless insanity. Also ammo. Also headcrab baseball.

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
Counterstrike Source : That utterly pointless and useless Mac-10

EvE Online: Snow ball launcher

Shadowstar38 said:
I found S.T.A.L.K.E.R's Starting knife the best thing next to sliced bread, Instant stealth kills and awesome for opening much needed ammo boxes.

albinoterrorist

Jan 1, 2009
The AK102 in MGS4.
"Hey, take this assault rifle!"
"Awesome!"
*1 cutscene later*
"Oh, so now I get another assault rifle with far less recoil, and much more common ammo?
Then what's the point of the first you gave me?"
"uh..It-uh-It l-looks kinda cool...Sorta?"
"Then why has Snake got the M4 in all the artwork, instead of an AK?"
"..."

May 7, 2008
People are proberbly going to yell at me for this but I don't care;

The Gravity Gun.

Yes everything can be used for ammunition, yes its an impressive use of physics but I found it didn't have much of a punch unless you had a saw blade, difficult to aim and in many cases left me wide open to attack while I was trying to pick up something decent to shoot with from the piles of crap left lying around.

Truniron

Nov 9, 2010
The Rusty Blade from Castlevania Symphony of the Night. It does next to no damage, it makes you attack slowly and can sometimes negate it´s own attack.