Mothership Zeta is out - your thoughts here

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
It looks worthwhile, but I'm going to wait till all the add-ons are released for PS3. Has the GOTY edition been confirmed or is that just a rumor?

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
Rock Beefchest said:
Kermi said:
Question 1: why on earth is the alien spaceship steam powered?
It makes sense, what is more abundant in the universe than water, or more specifically the elements of water. Besides steam power is not a low tech thing. The means of producing the steam are what is low tech. A coal burn steam engine is very low tech, but a nuclear powered steam driven submarine is pretty cutting edge. So in theory, a dilithium crystal powered steam operated spaceship makes sense (or whatever the aliens use to make steam)
There's no scientific sense in that - using steam would require you to take one hell of a lot of ballast along with you. Much more reasonable to use the nuclear power directly, in the form of pulse propulsion. Space isn't an ocean, you know.

Also, Samurai Armour. Absolutely the least sensical thing to come from a Fallout game ever. Samurai. Armour. If you don't cop on to what's wrong with that, you're probably not well-acquainted to the Fallout universe.
You're basically saying that aliens and time travel were not sci-fi trappings of the 1950s of which Fallout is based off of in stylistic elements. That is what you are saying here.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
My friend can one shot kill everyone of the aliens, high melee skill plus chinease stealth armor from Anchorage, and a real good melee weapon means he can one shot sneak kill every alien he finds, even the shield ones, try it out

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Kermi said:
I pondered the same thing when I saw the door that was labled "Steamworks"

=/

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Furioso said:
My friend can one shot kill everyone of the aliens, high melee skill plus chinease stealth armor from Anchorage, and a real good melee weapon means he can one shot sneak kill every alien he finds, even the shield ones, try it out
Yes but that's no fun... reward comes from challenge.

shinder

Aug 4, 2009
ansem1532 said:
Kermi said:

=/
it makes sence to me. you just have to be open minded. seperate fantasy from realty

USSR

Oct 4, 2008
shinder said:
ansem1532 said:
Kermi said:

=/
it makes sence to me. you just have to be open minded. seperate fantasy from realty
I pondered a thought, I never said I wasn't open-minded <.<

I just though Bethesda would've been a bit more creative, that's all =3

..and welcome to The Escapist

shinder

Aug 4, 2009
ansem1532 said:
shinder said:
ansem1532 said:
Kermi said:

=/

thanks
and in my opinion they were bing creative, i mean it could have been steam or some cliche mass driver or something. i think they were trying to be origanil , how often do you see a steam powerd spaceship.

USSR

Oct 4, 2008
shinder said:
ansem1532 said:
shinder said:
ansem1532 said:
Kermi said:

=/

thanks
and in my opinion they were bing creative, i mean it could have been steam or some cliche mass driver or something. i think they were trying to be origanil , how often do you see a steam powerd spaceship.
I tell myself that, but then I remember that it's Bethesda!

I just hope Bethesda isn't losing their creativity in a storyline.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
So... I have concluded that in my humblest of opinions, MZ is...

4/10

I am an absolutely huge Fallout 3 fan, it has sucked up more hours of my life than other other piece of media.

So to have it fade away in a pathetic little flicker like this was painful.

Ship looked good - pity about the framerate

Clutter looked nice - pity I couldn't take any of it with me

We were promised we would find out why the aliens came to earth - pity we didn't find jack shit.

Aliens are awesome enemies - pity they were just black holes for hundreds of your bullets to disappear into.

Lots of new characters - pity they were all annoying twats with nothing new or interesting to add to the universe

Samurai Armour is always cool - pity it could only be obtained by being a total dick

Loads of new weapons! - pity they all suck.

Oooh a Drone Cannon... pity it's an awkward clunky piece of shit that's so difficult to aim I went back to my assault rifles

At least the ship is there to expore after I finish- wait... what the...???

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
It was a good DLC, a mix of Anchorage combat everywhere with the size of Point Lookout in Space. The Final Part was great, albeit it lacked music, but I recommend it.
A lot of people are mentioning the lack of music, but if you listen closely you will notcie that it has the same ambient industrial piece playing through it that The Pitt had.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
miracleofsound said:
NoMoreSanity said:
It was a good DLC, a mix of Anchorage combat everywhere with the size of Point Lookout in Space. The Final Part was great, albeit it lacked music, but I recommend it.
A lot of people are mentioning the lack of music, but if you listen closely you will notcie that it has the same ambient industrial piece playing through it that The Pitt had.
...Really? Bethesda are just lazy fucks? They don't even bother making more than 4 new enemies, and now that they add music where it would be best?! Imagine a Star Wars like thing playing at the final space battle, it would be awesome! But Bethesda are just showing this is their way of getting cocaine money.
NoMoreSanity said:
miracleofsound said:
So... I have concluded that in my humblest of opinions, MZ is...

4/10

Snip
Eh, I liked the new weapons, but c'mon!?? Not even letting us explore after finishing it? Plus the final battle was awesome, but it needed some good music, otherwise it felt empty. And the characters weren't really explored well too.

I know there will be more DLC, as I know Bethesda wouldn't leave Fallout 3 like this.

My friend, I hope you are right because Fallout 3 deserves a better send off than this.

I agree about the final section, and what the hell was with the way
they all just stood there silently after you BLEW UP A MOTHERFUCKING GIGANTIC SPACESHIP THAT WAS ABOUT TO SEND YOU ALL TO HELL
... it was like wow, guys, show a bit of relief or enthusiasm at least

As for the music... yeah it was damn lazy using music from another DLC. ANother reason the end was so anticlimactic.. imagine the whole package with a new soundtrack Star Wars style, or even Lost in Space style.

Instead we got clanky Pitt noises that brought back memories of too much time hunting for ingots.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
[Well I hear there will be more DLC after this, but still, they missed a really good opportunity to make this the best DLC yet. I'm sad now.
Where did you hear that? Hang on I just have to wipe the drool from my face...

Please please let it include a new house... my Megaton shack is getting so cluttered up with stuff

shinder

Aug 4, 2009
ansem1532 said:
shinder said:
ansem1532 said:
shinder said:
ansem1532 said:
Kermi said:

=/

thanks
I tell myself that, but then I remember that it's Bethesda!

I just hope Bethesda isn't losing their creativity in a storyline.
we all need to hope that never happens.