Mountain Dew Cheetos: The Next Big Snacking Sensation

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Luminous Chroma said:
Actually, only the Chicken & Waffles ones were bad. The other two were quite tasty.
I know, I was just making the point though that the United States has had it's weird combinations of food though, which is why I was saying that this isn't really an "Oh Japan" moment, but instead is an "Okay...why?" one. Sadly I should have elaborated more on my initial post, also that was the best quality one that I could find without me having to put more effort into finding a Chicken and Waffles bag of Lays. XD

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I guess I would at least try them once, just to taste. I wonder if this will spark some heated battle with a similar Coke product, like Coke-Doritos or something.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
DasDestroyer said:
Wait, isn't that a Pokemon or something?
Fixed it for you. Seriously, did the Escapist's editors commit sudoku or something?

JenSeven said:
That will save Geoff Keighley a lot of space for his next Halo promotional fotoshoot.
He just has to have a stack for those next to him.
mitchell271 said:
How about that, it'll be that much easier for Geoff Keighley to make his Call of Duty snacking commercials this year!
I was thinking something along those lines myself.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
Holy shit, that sounds really nasty. Cheese can go with many things, but combining it with a disgusting soda does not fly. It's just as bad as combining doritos with taco bell.

gLoveofLove

Oct 24, 2011
Omg that's funny. I am living in Japan and discovered these at a 7/11 about a week ago. Needless to say, I had to buy them. They actually weren't horrible. I wouldn't buy them again for their taste- maybe out of novelty and the fact that i barely touched my first packet. But they did seriously taste like mountain dew. it was a fun purchase, but not a delicious one

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Meh, I'm disappointed. I was hoping it'd be Mountain Dew-flavored Doritos :p

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Wait... uhm... wait... I don't have anything. I just don't. I wanted to say something witty, but the thought of cheetos and Mountain Dew combining without an accidental spill happening just... stops my brain from functioning.
It... can't work, can it?
Japan, why are you so strange sometimes? I mean I thank you for giving us the NES when games were pretty much about to go the way of the dodo, but you also give us stuff like this... and panties dispensed by vending machine... then you also give us beer vending machines (which I am still waiting on USA... COME ON we can't be that behind...).
But. I. Can't. Get. This.
I think this is an evil plan from some Japanese super-villain...

Andrew Hendry

May 27, 2010
JaredXE said:
Living in Japan.....yeah, this does not surprise me in the least. The weird and crappy flavors they have in otherwise normal products are just astounding. While writing this I just got done eating some Honey-butter flavoured potato chips and I can remember having smoked-bacon flavoured ones awhile ago. But the ones that are the worst are the flavours that SHOULD be the same in Japan as in America, but they taste like crap. Strawberry Oreos and Nacho Doritos, I'm looking at you......
Smoked bacon, or "Smokey Bacon" is quite popular in the UK and has been for years.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/DSC04323v.jpg

A'tuin

May 6, 2013
Callate said:
Are they caffeinated? 'Cuz, frankly, far as I'm concerned, that's the only good reason to consume anything Mitten Dew flavored.

(And, no, that's not a typo. Once they condensed their name to

I think they opened up their name to alternate interpretations.)
I thought it was Mutton Dew.

proctorninja2

a single man with a sword
Jun 5, 2010
Vyress said:
Neronium said:
Sadly I don't think this is an "Oh Japan" moment as much as an, "Okay..." moment. At this point I don't question anything when it comes to food Mr. Chalk. Remember the United States has been graced with these gems:
Chicken and waffles? xD Wow...
The chicken and waffles are actually really good imo

OT: well I guess now COD and Battlefield will be able to consolidate the number of checks they get, if they somehow combine it with AXE then they only have one check to cash

ZakCanard

Anas Charisma
Oct 17, 2007
2008 called, it wants its flavouring back.

If Dew flavour Doritos were weird back then I daren't imagine what the Cheeto equivalent now would be like.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Well considering that the stereotypical gamer's diet consists soley of Mountain Dew and Cheetos I don't understand why everyone is so confused.

Yes, I do know someone who fits the stereotype, so I think I'll go show this to him and watch his brain explode ^.^