Mountain Dew U.K

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I drank Mountain Dew when I was on holiday last year in Florida, easily the best soft drink I've ever tasted. Here in the UK I think you can get it in a very few places that do it, no idea where though I think here in Leeds they sell it in a small shop near me. Otherwise, you can't get it in the UK, sadly... don't see why though, the UK market would be immense for such a product. After all, UK soft drinks and junk food and stuff have made it big in the US market (I'm looking at you, Cadbury-Schweppes...).

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
unknownquantity said:
iJosh said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
iJosh said:
I'll pray for you poor souls.

No mountain dew or Lucky charms. Thats got to be hard.
We have proper beer. It soothes the pain.
Send me a crate of carlsberg lager and I would send you a crate of mountain dew or lucky charms mate.
Carlsberg? Really? That stuff sucks...

Anyway...Mountain dew is a brilliant drink and was available in England for a small amount of time when i was, oh i don't know, about 20 years ago. It then promptly vanished and i rediscovered about 3 years ago in a American sweet shop in Eastbourne. They sold all manner of wonderful things like inside out reeses cups (my personal favourite) as well as the overpriced lucky charms that you folk have been talking about.
Send me some awesome beer that you like then.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
iJosh said:

unknownquantity said:
iJosh said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
iJosh said:

Send me a crate of carlsberg lager and I would send you a crate of mountain dew or lucky charms mate.
Carlsberg? Really? That stuff sucks...

Anyway...Mountain dew is a brilliant drink and was available in England for a small amount of time when i was, oh i don't know, about 20 years ago. It then promptly vanished and i rediscovered about 3 years ago in a American sweet shop in Eastbourne. They sold all manner of wonderful things like inside out reeses cups (my personal favourite) as well as the overpriced lucky charms that you folk have been talking about.
Actually, two things:

1. Carlsberg is shit, I agree. I usually drink Carling (proper local British stuff, I've tried beer from all different countries and although I love Budweiser, nothing compares to proper UK's own Carling!).
2. We can get Lucky Charms in the UK, my flatmate was eating them last week, I'm not sure where he got a box from in Leeds but if anyone's ever in Leeds seek me out and I'll find out where you can get Lucky Charms from :D

(readies machine gun for anyone seeking me out)

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
My friend said he knew somewhere but didn't tell me.
He said it had been banned here because of all the sugar.
I've never tried it.
But they sell do Oreo's over here now...

CraazyIvan

Mar 22, 2009
angel34 said:
Hey guys, I have lived in the U.K for all my life so up to last week had never tried the famous drink Mountain Dew. So I ordered some of the internet and loved it. The only problem was the cost, I mean I'm not a cheap scape but for a drink I don't really want to pay the internet prices. Does anybody know a place in U.K where I could buy some Mountain Dew at a decent cost?
http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_pmet3/xlc_1817/xdbc_25/dbtc_5/pic_1/add_44112/stc_1/scope_short#1817
£23 for 24 cans, not cheap but depends how much you like mountain dew. oh and fyi they have a shop in brighton if you live nearby.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Mountain Dew? Bah, we have Tennent's Super, Special Brew and Gold Label, that's all the liquid refreshment you need.

The Giggling Pin

Jan 7, 2009
Trivun said:
Actually, two things:

1. Carlsberg is shit, I agree. I usually drink Carling (proper local British stuff, I've tried beer from all different countries and although I love Budweiser, nothing compares to proper UK's own Carling!).
2. We can get Lucky Charms in the UK, my flatmate was eating them last week, I'm not sure where he got a box from in Leeds but if anyone's ever in Leeds seek me out and I'll find out where you can get Lucky Charms from :D

(readies machine gun for anyone seeking me out)
I find carling is a little too fizzy for my tastes but i find it a lot less offensive than Carlsberg. I am not really a lager drinker (though i have been known), and would much rather drink a wholesome ale. I would suggest one of the Badger breweries ones in particular Golden Glory. Oh, watch out as i may well hold you to lucky charms offer even if you do have a shotgun; I have a journey planned to that neck of the woods very shortly. Be afraid, be very afraid.

balinus

Feb 3, 2009
There's a place I know in Nottingham and another in Newcastle where I live where you can get it. The spot in Nottingham even had RED Mountain Dew (although I'm not particularly partial to it)

gregatron08

Dec 3, 2008
I spent 6 months in NJ last year and was mega hooked on the stuff. I have actually been in touch with pepsi co 2 days ago encouraging them to re-consider marketing it in the UK and have started sorting a facebook group out

This is creepy

gregatron08

Dec 3, 2008
Nevermind there's one already

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5771851378

Seems like there are plans to re-introduce it here..... But i say keep signing up, cant do any harm

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
carling is basically fizzy pisswater imo so i guess the trade for MD is a good one since there both acquired tastes :)

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Send me some proper Guinness, and I'll send you a fucking shipping container of Mountain Dew.

God, I do so wish I was 3 years older so I could visit the only Irish Pub in town to get a proper god damned Guinness. Over here, we only get some wierd, bland Draught-thing that doesn't taste anything like the Irish equivalent. I also have to search like all the damned stores in the city to find someone who sells it.

Not to mention they can't pour it properly in pubs, damnit.

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
Inarticulate_Underachiever said:
Fanta is far superior to Mountain Dew.
Seconded!

EDIT: Never understood the fuss with Mountain Dew. From what I can rememebr when it was sold in the UK, it was nothing more than of colour lemonade, and not really nice lemonade at that. Fanta Orange/Lemon Zero for the win, that or a good sturdy ale!

RE-EDIT: If I want caffine I would get out the perculater!

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
iJosh said:
Jindrak said:
iJosh said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
iJosh said:

I will contribute to this man's business.

If it is as good as I heard from my friend from Derby, England. I want some CARLSBERG LAGER !
Hailing from nearby Nottingham and with a freind of mine watching what i do vaguely in the background i am contractually obliged to call your freind scum