Mouse Suggestion Thread

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I personally wouldn't ever go for a wireless mouse for gaming. Just that slight chance of the mouse cutting out because it needs to recharge or needs it's batteries changed makes me never want to use them. Plus a wired connection will always give better connectivity than wireless, even if the difference is barely noticeable.

beyondbrainmatter

Dec 7, 2010
I have a Logitech G600:

I use it for everything but MMO's (I don't play those). It works great for improving workflow in various applications and with a bit of fiddling, most game controls can be improved with the side pad. It's also a dream for tabbed browsing, since you effectively have 3 rows of forward/back buttons; one row for opening and closing tabs, one for moving left and right between tabs and one for moving forwards and backwards in your browser history.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
sanquin said:
I personally wouldn't ever go for a wireless mouse for gaming. Just that slight chance of the mouse cutting out because it needs to recharge or needs it's batteries changed makes me never want to use them. Plus a wired connection will always give better connectivity than wireless, even if the difference is barely noticeable.
Having spent nearly a decade using battery operated wireless mice for better than half a decade, I have two things to say about this: There is no noticeable difference between the connection stability a Logitech wireless mouse has and any wired Mouse. Wireless mice for gaming are optimal actually, because they don't suffer premature death from cord stress damage, every wired mouse I've ever had as a game has lasted 2 years at the outside. My Logitech M505 wireless laser mouse became unusable after 5 years, and I'm the one that accidentally broke it, it's replacement still works though. Second is that with every wireless mouse I've ever encountered, the indicator goes red when the batteries are running low, but generally you're good for an entire week of use once the light starts going red. Both of my Logitech wireless mice that use AA batteries have average life spans of over a full year with fresh batteries. (Requires 2 AAs for the M505, 1 AA for the M305)

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Must be what it feels like when someone who just has a car to get from A to B looks at car fanatic's cars. While I could use a more comfortable mouse, these 100 button monsters are overkill. And that first one...what even is that? Though I hate Madcat so maybe that's it.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Here's a classic that I use - the Razer Deathadder

It's a simple corded laser mouse with only 2 added buttons on the side and it has the high DPI if you're that much into shooters or other applications that require the added accuracy. They now come in chroma with swappable color palettes if you don't like the old standard blue or green editions.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Logitech G3 is the best mouse ever made, but unfortunately they haven't been making them for years (I dread the day mine dies). Some say that G302/303 is finally a worthy successor to G3. It's about $50.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I use a cooler master inferno

It has 7 programmable buttons, two buttons for increasing or lowering sensitivity, and the ability to switch between 4 different profiles so you can program buttons for different games.

The software is decent, and the mouse is quite comfortable and stylish. It's size and weight fits me well and it's fairly inexpensive for a gaming mouse.

Sep 13, 2009
I haven't had all that much experience with mouses, and I'm not really fan of the ones with jagged pieces that try to look like spaceships. I currently own the Logitech M510 wireless mouse, and I really like it.

It looks pretty close to the size and shape of the second photo you posted. I was a little bit iffy on spending $50 on a mouse (I was considering just getting a cheap $20-30 one), but it was definitely worth the money. While it really doesn't boast much in terms of features, it feels good in my hand, and that's the biggest thing I care about. That being said, it's hard to say whether a mouse that feels comfortable to me will feel good for you. The fact that it looks very similar in shape makes me think it would, but eh, I could be wrong.

One nice thing about it is that it uses the Logitech Unifying Receiver. If you have any other devices that use the same type of receiver, all you need to do is plug one into a usb slot and you can connect all your devices for it. Not quite as useful for a desktop, but I've found it really nice for my laptop.

AccursedTheory said:
I'm using a Logitech MX Master.
I've just got to say, that is a really nice looking mouse

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I use the Logitech G602, I like it but the middle mouse button started wearing out after like 4 months, and sometimes the button that I have set to close tab will go crazy and close all my tabs after one click.

It seems like Logitech mice always have poor quality standards. I had a MX Revolution before and the thumbwheel was useless because going one direction it barely registered but the other it was so sensitive you could hardly touch the thing without triggering it.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
sanquin said:
Yeah, that why I also show these specific mouses: They are not wireless. They just have a long cord and they were super confortable.
No reason to use a wireless any time soon.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
I want to say a big thank you to all users which gave their suggestion in my Thread.
This make me extremely happy and I have many opitions to choose from.
Thank you.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
beyondbrainmatter said:
I have a Logitech G600:

I use it for everything but MMO's (I don't play those). It works great for improving workflow in various applications and with a bit of fiddling, most game controls can be improved with the side pad. It's also a dream for tabbed browsing, since you effectively have 3 rows of forward/back buttons; one row for opening and closing tabs, two for moving left and right between tabs and two for moving forwards and backwards in your browser history.
This is seriously the first time I see this kind of mouse.
I mostly use my Keyboard to close quickly web tabs and I have all the time the Bookmarks Manager open.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
Last time I bought a mouse I just grabbed the cheapest thing that wasn't a Trust brand and had a wire. This one:

That was eight years ago. It works and is comfortable enough for my tiny, child-like hands. I'm pretty sure Logitech still makes these, or atleast something very similar to it.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Honestly, this is quite possibly the best mouse I've ever laid hands on. (and I've laid hands on a LOT of mice)[footnote]That sounds dirty, for some reason...[/footnote] It's light enough to move easily yet hefty enough for smooth, small movements. It has adjustable weights (which can be moved, allowing you to shift the weight position as well), 11 fully programmable buttons and wheels (all of them, via macros or bindable as other keys), DPI shifting, and adaptable laser tracking.[footnote]The logitech software can adapt the laser tracking to best suit whatever surface you're using the mouse on.[/footnote]

It sounds like a lot of superfluous fluff, but honestly? All that "fluff" has made this thing the most comfortable mouse I've ever used.

Though....if you're after a wireless mouse or a symmetrical mouse (for lefties), this one isn't for you. Likewise, I got a really good deal on my through Amazon, so I didn't pay full list price. And as the list price is between $60 and $80, it might be a bit too pricey for most users.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Remus said:

It's a simple corded laser mouse with only 2 added buttons on the side and it has the high DPI if you're that much into shooters or other applications that require the added accuracy. They now come in chroma with swappable color palettes if you don't like the old standard blue or green editions.
I've had a lot of mice over the years and honestly the Deathadder is my favorite if only because its literally the most comfortable mouse I've ever owned. The button layout is perfect, there's none of that extra fluff that serves to annoy me more than be helpful, and it fits my hand absolutely perfectly.

Build quality is super hit or miss, but honestly I'd rather spend the money for a new Deathadder every year and be super comfortable in my hand rather than have a mouse that will last for years, but be annoyingly uncomfortable compared to my Deathadder.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
beyondbrainmatter said:
I have a Logitech G600:
I do as well, very good mouse, i bought it after my razer naga broke, mine is white, it is fairly light though the scroll wheel has rather annoyingly severe steps

TallestGargoyle

Oct 31, 2011
My favourite mice at the moment are the Razer Deathadder, a basic, simple mouse with a very similar design to the Microsoft mouse originally shown, and the Logitech G502, a mouse I have not used, but I've heard glowing reviews from nearly everyone who has one.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
I am generally against mice like the mad catz RAT, anything made by Razer and anything with a shape more reminiscent of a medieval torture device
Because of that, my go to mouse is the steelseries sensei
It's large enough for my yaoi hands, comfortable enough for long sessions and has a bunch of fancy software settings that I'm sure that some people care about, but all I do is max my dpi and change the led colours
I bought mine over a year ago and it's been chooching along like a legend since day 1

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
I would second that, prior to getting my Gladus I had a Deathadder and loved it it did start to get a bit iffy towards the end of it's life and the main reason I didn't get another was because the Gladus hit all the same buttons, with a few additions, removable cable and swappable switches but the biggest was Razer's software turned in to nag ware always asking me for email addresses and always wanting me to update my mouse profile to the Razer cloud

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
The OP posts 2 pics of 2 quite plain looking mice and most of you come out with these crazy PC gaming mice, that look like the UFC fighters of computer mice. Roided up, with 14 buttons, DPI buttons and can add weights, slow your role guys haha.

I have an abyssus, which is made by razer but the only fancy things about it are it's made by razer and the razer symbol can be set to pulse on and off. Other than that it's a left click, right click and a scroll wheel.

Only thing I find is weird is, it updates ... why does a mouse need to update? It moves around the screen perfectly, so what's to update?