mouthy little shits

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I swear I cant find a single game of league of legends or bad company 2 without there being at least one mouthy little shit who is constantly saying owned or calling everyone noobs or something else that makes me want to reach into the internet and strangle them, is it just me or is this sort of thing becoming much more common?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I don't play online all that much because of these types of people. I can't stand them.

When I did play online fairly often, I was having to mute about 1/4 of the people I was playing with.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
Alright, who wants to post John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory?

That theory has rung true many times...

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
marter said:
I don't play online all that much because of these types of people. I can't stand them.

When I did play online fairly often, I was having to mute about 1/4 of the people I was playing with.
Yeah.

It's everywhere.

I especially can't stand it when they start mouthing off to you becuase your jokeing about with friends.

I remind them that there's a Mute button, they then usueally go silent.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i tend not to play online because of those people and the fact that i suck doesn't help either

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
It's why I don't play FPS games online anymore. It just makes me want to punch people, and me feeling like going out and inflicting real violence on someone is not very healthy. :(

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
fortinatly no one uses a mic in the pc version of bad company 2 but it didnt used to be like this, really it seems like only in the last couple weeks that its become annoying, a month for league

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Sir Kemper said:
marter said:

Yeah.

It's everywhere.

I especially can't stand it when they start mouthing off to you becuase your jokeing about with friends.

I remind them that there's a Mute button, they then usueally go silent.
I never gave them that chance. I don't have the patience for it.

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
Utilize this tool and you'll be free of pesky annoyances.
In other words, the mute button...

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Worgen said:
I swear I cant find a single game of league of legends or bad company 2 without there being at least one mouthy little shit who is constantly saying owned or calling everyone noobs or something else that makes me want to reach into the internet and strangle them, is it just me or is this sort of thing becoming much more common?
I was once in a game of Modular combat where a team of brothers we're playing against me. The younger brother had just killed me.
"You suck at this game!"
"Shutup Brian!"

Man, I love that older kid.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
But they're so much fun to listen to!

My favorite 2 times are when a 9 year old told me he had more balls than me. And when a 10 year old called me a "zebratologist", and kept yelling "ZEBRA ZEBRA KANGAROO ZEBRA". Or the time a guy called me a hacking asian.

Good times. Gotta love online gaming communities.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
Worgen said:
Well your playing games full of them also its not more common its always been that way and not just in gaming example. Can i find a fourm where i wont get flamed or hated on for having an oppinion on somthing the other person dosent agree with? No

Dienekes

Sep 13, 2008
this is more common than anything these days, every game, every platform, doesn't really matter much, you should try going on cadred, where all the pro gamers generally go, its troll heaven. pretty much shows you what its like on the rest of the gaming net.

I try to stick to individual communitys, of people I know, works better that way

The Eggplant

May 4, 2010
Worgen said:
Welcome to the Interwebs.

In a slightly less obnoxious tone (but only slightly, mind you), that sort of crap happens everywhere. The ability to be anonymous, to not suffer any tangible ill effects from being one o' those "mouthy little shits," and most importantly the ability to be a dickhead in front of an AUDIENCE...that's a powerful combination for even normally decent people to fight against.

Legion IV said:
Can i find a fourm where i wont get flamed or hated on for having an oppinion on somthing the other person dosent agree with? No
(Looks around the Escapist forums, tentatively raises hand.)

I...haven't been flamed yet? And I tend to say some pretty pretentious shit.

Dienekes

Sep 13, 2008
The Eggplant said:
Worgen said:

In a slightly less obnoxious tone (but only slightly, mind you), that sort of crap happens everywhere. The ability to be anonymous, to not suffer any tangible ill effects from being one o' those "mouthy little shits," and most importantly the ability to be a dickhead in front of an AUDIENCE...that's a powerful combination for even normally decent people to fight against.

Legion IV said:
Can i find a fourm where i wont get flamed or hated on for having an oppinion on somthing the other person dosent agree with? No

yeh escapist seems to have escaped the idiots so far, lets hope the barricades last the night!

roeboat72

Feb 6, 2010
I don't play many games online because of a lot of these people. I played COD MW1 for a few weeks. But after hearing other people just go about either playing their music so loud over their comms you could hear it half the time or have them accuse you of camping because you got a lucky string on them, playing online got old for me after awhile. As such I just play one MMO and that is it.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
The Eggplant said:
Worgen said:

Legion IV said:

Say you hate any valve game or question how good some bioware games and they'll tear your head off but since this is the escapist they'll mask there anger with more intelligent and prentenious insults since this is apparently the Civilized game forum.