mouthy little shits

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
They are annoying, but I barely ever encounter them anymore. I only really did on MW2 but I stopped playing that. If I do though I just mute or ignore them.

Apr 24, 2008
All popular internet games are rife with assholes, that's why I immediately add anyone who is clearly amicable to my friends list(steam). I don't play often, but when I do it's usually with a group of people I trust not to suck the fun out of it.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
I actually find that smaller groups(squad rush and the like) have far fewer of these than other games. But those people are the exact reason why I stopped playing CoD:MW2, because EVERYONE there is a whinny little shit, even if they're older then you.

mokachill

Oct 28, 2009
Hannibal942 said:
Thankfully, the only online game I play with an regularity is TF2, and I have yet to see many douchbags. My own experience though.
yea thats the main advantage to that game... the online community are mostly good guys

PopeJewish

Apr 15, 2010
MasterOfWhaEver said:
Consoles are always filled with these little trolls, PC is where mature gamers reside.
that is amazingly untrue. There are asshats on all platforms

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
the weirdest one Ive met was today when I was playing league of legends, he was really mouthy and the really annoying thing was I was playing a char I havent figured out so his team was winning for most of the match, said he was from Chile or someplace in south america but when the battle turned he was pretty quick to rage quit, that was amusing

Apr 28, 2008
Major problem on consoles, but not so much on the PC. Mainly because most games use dedicated servers, and this is what usually happens.

Kid starts being annoying.
Administrator warns kid to shut up or get booted.

1 of two things happen here:

1: kid shuts up, all is well
2: kid continues, gets booted. If he comes back and continues being annoying he gets banned, never to return.

Oh how I love you PC...

And on the Reach beta this has actually not been a big problem. Granted my social settings are geared towards friendly people (Chatty, Good Time, Team Player, Polite), but I was still surprised. And the kids I do encounter are usually fine people. And if they do get uppity usually everyone makes a pact and hunts down the little shit and kills him over and over again.

That is my experience, it is most certainly different for everyone else.

Apr 28, 2008
PopeJewish said:
MasterOfWhaEver said:
Consoles are always filled with these little trolls, PC is where mature gamers reside.
While that is true, PC games usually have dedicated servers which are policed by administrators, who don't tolerate the type of crap thats rampant on consoles.

They are still there, but they don't last long.

PopeJewish

Apr 15, 2010
Irridium said:
PopeJewish said:
MasterOfWhaEver said:
While that is true, PC games usually have dedicated servers which are policed by administrators, who don't tolerate the type of crap thats rampant on consoles.

They are still there, but they don't last long.
true, but it's far easier to mute specific people on XBL than on PC servers

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
Worgen said:
I swear I cant find a single game of league of legends or bad company 2 without there being at least one mouthy little shit who is constantly saying owned or calling everyone noobs or something else that makes me want to reach into the internet and strangle them, is it just me or is this sort of thing becoming much more common?
yes it is becoming more common. if you can help it just avoid using the headset. i gave up with mine because of people like that, it gets really annoying.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
I'll bring this up again

Although there are a few 5% that don't follow this

cptn ricardo

Dec 5, 2009
I played a game of MW2 which was inevitably filled with whiney kids. The worst case I had was when some guy with an Indian accent joined and everyone in the lobby started hurling racist slurs at him and calling him a terrorist. Some people are just idiots.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 hasn't given me much trouble, except for the fellow who decided to send me a message advising me to sell the game and go back to my grade 5 homework because I couldn't fly the chopper efficiently.

The requisite "U mad bro?" was sent.

Anyway, you know that tracer gun? Find the dick, put a tracer into his face and watch hi mtry to dodge the bullets then.

Afterwards, tell him he sucks.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Monkeyman8 said:
Worgen said:
I swear I cant find a single game of league of legends or bad company 2 without there being at least one mouthy little shit who is constantly saying owned or calling everyone noobs or something else that makes me want to reach into the internet and strangle them, is it just me or is this sort of thing becoming much more common?
really, in LoL? I've had one game with a whiny ass hole and he dropped five minutes in. (we still won)
yeah, its actualy worse in LoL then in bad company 2, seems like most games if they start going bad or anything then your team will start calling each other noob all over the place or youve got a mouthy lil bastard on the other team bragging about everything