Movie Defense Force: Demon Knight

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Might want to ad some censor bars or something on that scene with "The guy from Gremlins". Just sayin'.

Glad you played that scene at the end, one of my favorites.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
NoeL said:
Barbas said:
It's a shame this is the only thing I can recognize him in that isn't one of the Mummy films.
SupahGamuh said:
Teh Mummy is in this!.
Umm... are you sure you guys aren't thinking of Arnold Vosloo [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0903677/?ref_=tt_cl_t4]? I can't recall Billy Zane being a mummy in anything... although he was the motherfucking Phantom!

They look so alike!...A little bit...

Now that I think about it some more, Billy Zane was in Titanic, which earns him big man points in my book!

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I watched this on a free preview weekend of showtime many, many years ago. I had couple of friends over and we just happened to have loads of alcohol handy as one of us had just turned 21. We had an absolute blast with Demon Knight....especially Billy Zane. Ah...fond memories.

vid87

May 17, 2010
Sheo_Dagana said:
I love Billy Zane, he's hilarious. He's such a good bad guy! I was always disappointed he never came back to Kingdom Hearts after the first game.
I played it again recently: there was something about his monologue before the final fight that seemed a bit flat, at least to me, but it does pick up when he starts grunting and screaming, which I think says something about him as an actor - best when crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjKGmjCh868

The embarrassing thing though is that I originally thought he was voice by Clancy Brown.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
I would never thought that this movie needs defending. I really think it is great. I also belive, when remade with a good director and some money, it can be a greats full movie. I mean, the premise is intruiging: A lone wanderer who defends a flask of jesus christs blood against demons.

Bbleds

Sep 6, 2011
Try American Horror Story and Masters of Horror.
There's also Fear Itself but I haven't seen any episodes so I can't comment on the quality.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestions, I have seen these as well. Out of all those I like Masters the best. Fear Itself is really well made, but for me and a friend who enjoyed the premiere the rest get too boring because it tries to be too serious without an actual point. American horror story is interesting to bring up because at first I was thinking, well technically not anthology. Then I realized it actually is in a way with each season featuring different characters and plot. As far as enjoyment for me...ehh? The newest season's opening sequence and first scenes are creepy and foreboding, then it cuts to the main character cramming exposition in less then a minute. That was quite the feat, though lost all interest.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
When I saw the title for some reason(probably because I play too much TF2) I saw "Demo Knight" and I was like O_O!! He got his own movie!!? And it was bad?!!

Anyway just thought I would share that with you all

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Huh, I was always under the impression that Demon Knight was something of a cult classic horror filmd that didn't need defending.

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
Mr. Q said:
Ratty covered William Sadler perfectly with ...his role in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.
Always nice to see somebody else who appreciates how great that movie is.
Station! (That so should have caught on as a catch phrase.)

nyarLOLhotep

Jan 22, 2013
I saw this in the theater on opening night back when I was in high school and then I bought the VHS shortly after it came out. Gotta agree that rooms full of obnoxious people and chemical enhancement definitely add to the experience.

mrnomas

May 17, 2010
I'm with the rest of you. Demon Knight is one of my all time favorite movies. I must have seen it twenty times on VHS. That Filter song? Come on! Tell me you don't want that playing every time you walk into a room!

Dandres

Apr 7, 2013
I loved Demon Knight. It is better the Bordello of Blood. Who doesn?t remember ?Hey, If it makes you feel good, do it.? or ?Oh! My nipples are smoking.? Great music.
And Billy Zane, I wonder when the Phantom will be on here.

Wunderhund

Jan 16, 2013
In that fever dream, is that Billy Zane as Hunter S. Thompson? That should be a film itself.

DoctorImpossible

Jan 18, 2013
I have loved this one since the very first time I saw it, and sicne then I've seen it about a bazillion times. And a bazillion times makes for a lot of Billy Zane.