Movie Defense Force: Jason X

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I loved this movie, though the Uber Jason may have been a step to far but still like it. lol. Lots of fun deaths and that hilarious fake crystal lake kills with the sleeping bags was funny. Is it the best Jason movie.....Nope. But its still entertaining, just turn off your brain.

I like F13 7 - The New Blood. The one with they telekinetic girl. A lot of fans hate that movie, but Jason looks awesome in it and it was great having a character that could deal him damage. After watching this movie I wrote a story where Crystal lake was drained and a military base was built on it - Jason vs Army. An Psychic girl and Tommy Jarvis teamed up to take him down for good. Was awesome.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
You skipped over Peter Mensah, he was the best thing in that movie, outside of the cybernetic super soldier/fuckdoll.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Oh. Hell. Yes.

I usually try to add something thoughtful or make a witty observation when I comment after a video. But not this time. This time I just want to internet shake your hand Jim.

I loved Jason X. And pretty much exactly for the reasons you stated here. I'm already a Jason fanboy anyway, but I've said for years that I don't really care what they do with Jason so long as it's fun. I'll still show up and buy a ticket. If they give him an enchanted time-traveling machete and send him to ancient Egypt to fight mummies... I'll still buy a ticket.

And yeah, I also preferred the series after Jason Lives as well. That has long been my favorite slasher flick. I saw that one in the theaters in fact. And while most of my friends were rolling their eyes, I was camped out waiting for Jason's next move.

Jason movies only work when the writers realize what Jason is. Jim Issacs and Todd Farmer said they wanted this one to be "Hell's chief assassin". And I think it shows that they were trying to make a fun movie. Jason movies are less like horror films and more like roller coaster rides and this one was a lot of fun for me. Still is.

Thanks Jim!

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Thank you Mr Sterling for putting in the scene where he beats the one girl in a sleeping back with another girl in a sleeping bag, that was the highlight of the movie for me. As for the rest of the movie it was everything I came to love about Jason in a different setting. Michael Meyers (the slasher, not the pervert) has nothing on Jason when it comes to original kills. One moment in particular was when he grabbed that woman's head, stuck it in liquid nitrogen, then broke her face.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
I never had much of an interest in horror movies, and a friend picked out Jason X to watch. When I saw it, I thought it was one of the funniest movies I had ever seen and enjoyed it on that level. Can't really say much else.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I remember watching this film for the first time on TV, it was Halloween and both Jason X and The Shinning were airing at the same time on different channels, I haven't seen neither of them back then and lo and behold... I ended up watching Jason X from beginning to end instead of The Shinning... yeah...

Definitely a fun movie that's self aware of it's incredible ridiculousness and I loved it for that.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I remember this. Aahh... it was definitely worth a laugh.

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
I never gotten the high standards of Friday the 13th fans, the movies was never that good to begin with and only hold up as shallow party movies.

Serious question time now Jimmy: Can I borrow some sugar? Also, will there be a Movie Defence Force every week of October?

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
I really wanted a Jason XI, but the firday the 13th franchise like many other franchises got bit stabbed by the Reboot slasher.

Doctor Proctor

Omega-3 Man
Oct 21, 2008
I saw this in the theater when it came out back in the day. When it got to the scene of beating the girl in the camping bag with the OTHER girl in a camping bag I couldn't stop laughing.

TheThirdChild

Feb 16, 2010
I honestly think this was the best one in the franchise (unless you include Freddy vs. Jason). I never found any of them scary, and whenever they tried to mix it up by making him a zombie etc. it always seemed to fall flat. This film was just a lot of fun and the gun wielding, bubble headed robot was just pure bliss for me.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Was that a clip of Jason beating up someone in a sleeping bag, with another person in a sleeping bag? How can anyone take this movie seriously after that?

I might have to buy this movie if I ever see it.

Is there an actual reason the people in the movie decide to rebuild him?

Tumedus

Jul 13, 2010
It's been awhile since I agreed with Defense Force, but this is a big one. There are series where maintaining the integrity of the story is important. Friday the 13th is not one of them. I mean come on, by this point we had a zombie resurrection with a shovel and lightning, a psychic, a pleasure cruise to Manhattan, and Jason as a parasitic brain slug.

This one was good fun.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I can't get past how they blew up a whole space station by crashing through the dome thing at the top. How the fuck does that work? That doesn't even make sense in the context of silly comedy slasher movie.