Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Why did him not moving force you to leave?
Because there was no other seats left apart from the ones are the very, very front. The kind where you have to look up at an angle the whole film. My mom did not want to sit there.
So why did you want to force him to sit there?
Oh no, he wouldn't have sat there. He would have just moved over slightly to the right.
So there was a free seat to his right. Why not just sit there yourself?
Because I was hoping to sit with my family. Is that too much to ask?
Yes to be honest. Unless your under 12 then it's far from unreasonable to sit 3 feet away from your parents when you see a movie.

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
J03bot said:
Necator15 said:
If you wanted to be just as big of a dick, you could have called him a fatass, then when he got up to yell at you, you could have stolen his seat, problem solved.
This is clearly the way to deal with the problem.

I've never had much by way of cinema etiquette problems. Usually because I end up seeing films so late into their run that the screening room is empty. When some friends and I saw Batman Begins, we were the only people in the room. We ditched out booked seats and spent the commercials working out which the best seats in the room were, moving from row to row to find the best angle. It was fun!

Also, 1500th post! Woo! Still a long way to that shiny Neo badge...
This is the first time anyone has ever been rude to me at a movie theatre, so it was kind of a surprise. But I remember doing that once and my friend and I did the same thing! And yeah, it was fun, huzzah to seeing movies late!

And congrats! You'll get there eventually :)

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Because there was no other seats left apart from the ones are the very, very front. The kind where you have to look up at an angle the whole film. My mom did not want to sit there.
Oh no, he wouldn't have sat there. He would have just moved over slightly to the right.
Yes to be honest. Unless your under 12 then it's far from unreasonable to sit 3 feet away from your parents when you see a movie.
16, but I haven't seen my mum in a couple of months and it was nice to see her and go out.

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
it's not necessarily an insecurity thing, it's more an issue about how it wouldn't have inconvenienced the guy to move over one seat, which would've free'd up 3 seats for him and his family to watch the movie together, as they intended.

however comma, the guy wouldn't move, so the only way they could watch the movie together would be to sit in the incredibly undesirable front seats, so they left.

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
The management has the right to make him move: you bought a ticket, they're obligated to accommodate you.

Another general rule: if the movie is playing and there are other people in the theater, SHUT THE FUCK UP WE DON'Y GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE MOVIE!!!!!!11ONE!!11

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
16, but I haven't seen my mum in a couple of months and it was nice to see her and go out.
But you aren't going to see her, you're going to see the film. Unless you're one of those people who talks in the cinema.
twcblaze said:
it's not necessarily an insecurity thing, it's more an issue about how it wouldn't have inconvenienced the guy to move over one seat, which would've free'd up 3 seats for him and his family to watch the movie together, as they intended.
How much would it have inconvenienced the OP not to sit with their family?

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
But you aren't goin to see her, you're going to see the film. Unless you're one of those people who talks in the cinema.
twcblaze said:
the point the OP was trying to make isn't that he was going to just "see the movie" he's already seen it, he wanted to see it with his family.

I mean, you don't go to the movies with your girlfriend and sit on opposite sides of the theater, and it's not like they brought 12 people and expected to get their own row to themselves... nor did they pick a fight or throw a fit to the manager or anything, they got their refunds and left, no harm, no foul, just a little peeved for the experience.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
twcblaze said:
the point the OP was trying to make isn't that he was going to just "see the movie" he's already seen it, he wanted to see it with his family.
Well that's just not something I can relate to on any level.

I mean, you don't go to the movies with your girlfriend and sit on opposite sides of the theater, and it's not like they brought 12 people and expected to get their own row to themselves... nor did they pick a fight or throw a fit to the manager or anything, they got their refunds and left, no harm, no foul, just a little peeved for the experience.
I'm not saying the OP was a horrible person but I think it's unreasonable to expect somebody to inconveniance themselves, even in a minor was just so you're not inconvenianced in an equally minor way.

Schwerganoik

Jul 1, 2010
Axolotl said:
With the lazy, fat ass blocking the line of site between the seats around him, the guy may as well have sat on the other side of a wall.

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
But you aren't going to see her, you're going to see the film. Unless you're one of those people who talks in the cinema.
twcblaze said:
twcblaze said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
But you aren't goin to see her, you're going to see the film. Unless you're one of those people who talks in the cinema.
twcblaze said:

What he said exactly sums up the whole arguement I'm trying to make here. Thank you, very much :)

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
Axolotl said:
twcblaze said:

I'm not saing the OP was a horrible person but I think it's unreasonable to expect somebody to inconveniance themselves, even in a minor was just so you're not inconvenianced in an equally minor way.
How can you call standing up and moving aside one seat an inconveniance? In the end, he'd still have the same view, still be sitting next to the girl he was with and figure out that those seats were indeed, not squeaky.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Shaun_Emmerich said:
How can you call standing up and moving aside one seat an inconveniance? In the end, he'd still have the same view, still be sitting next to the girl he was with and figure out that those seats were indeed, not squeaky.
How is sitting one seat away from your parents an inconveniance?

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
... Two seats, if we're going to be precise. But like the guy above already stated, I've seen the movie already and I came to see it with my parents. Wouldn't have been the same if I had sat away from them.

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
twcblaze said:

I'm not saing the OP was a horrible person but I think it's unreasonable to expect somebody to inconveniance themselves, even in a minor was just so you're not inconvenianced in an equally minor way.
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
twcblaze said:
twcblaze said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
twcblaze said:

What he said exactly sums up the whole arguement I'm trying to make here. Thank you, very much :)
any time, but I'm gonna take off for now, hope you get to see it with your family again later on

Schwerganoik

Jul 1, 2010
Axolotl said:
It's two seats away, with a couple's interaction amongst themeselves further dividing the OP from his family.

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
twcblaze said:
any time, but I'm gonna take off for now, hope you get to see it with your family again later on
Alright, thanks! And I definately will, we're trying again tomorrow night and we're going a lot earlier this time.

Schwerganoik

Jul 1, 2010
The physical separation creates a spritual seprartion. To most fully feel connected with other people, we have to be within physical proximity in relation to them and without barriers. More importantly than a gap, the man and his girlfriend were a physical barrier between Shaun and his parents.

Is that exact enough?

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Wouldn't have been the same if I had sat away from them.
How exactly would it have been different?
Because we were all going to be there together.
But how does that change anything? This is the part I don't understand.

And because we haven't done a family event in a long time.
But how is seeing a movie a family event? You won't interact with them so why does it matter?