Movie Theatre Etiquette

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Wouldn't have been the same if I had sat away from them.
How exactly would it have been different?
Because we were all going to be there together.
But how does that change anything? This is the part I don't understand.

And because we haven't done a family event in a long time.
But how is seeing a movie a family event? You won't interact with them so why does it matter?
It is because when you're in my family, you don't exactly see each other enough. So anything out with the three of us is considered a family event.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Maybe if he wasn't so fat the seats wouldn't squeak. There's a life lesson for him right there.

Yeah he was deffo in the wrong. How lazy do you have to be to be unable to willfully move 1 theatre seat across?

I guess the height of Cinema etiquette is people kissing. Loudly in particular. It's kind of hard to watch a film (Unless it's a balls to the wall action film) with constant plunger noises.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Shaun_Emmerich said:
It is because when you're in my family, you don't exactly see each other enough. So anything out with the three of us is considered a family event.
But you won't be interacting with them on any level. You'll be sitting in a darkened room not talking while something else occupies your attention. If you want to spend time with your family then why not actually do something where talk to one another or some other form of interaction?

Mukil

Mar 23, 2010
That reminds me of the time I brought 8 jackets and placed them on the seats ahead, behind and to my sides ;claiming the people in those seats were away temporarily. I also held a flag claiming my dominion over the area I had conqured,.

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
But you won't be interacting with them on any level. You'll be sitting in a darkened room not talking while something else occupies your attention. If you want to spend time with your family then why not actually do something where talk to one another or some other form of interaction?
Well obviously we did afterwards (which we were planning on doing so after the movie anyways) but it's just... If you really want to watch the movie it can be fine to sit apart but sometimes you just want to be with your parents, or with your friends or with whatever company you have at the moment. My mum or dad didn't even want to watch it if we weren't sitting together, so it doesn't only fall onto my opinion.

Schwerganoik

Jul 1, 2010
Axolotl said:
If you want to spend time with your family then why not actually do something where talk to one another or some other form of interaction?
The name of the Hebraic god is "I Am." The moral of this factoid: Simply being together can be as powerful of a connecting force as working together.

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
Citrus Insanity said:
The thing is, he was there first, and he was already comfortable. It would have been courteous of him to move over for you, but he certainly wasn't obligated to. It was a bit rude, but you're blowing it a bit out of proportion.
We have a winner!!

Totally agreed. You may smell like lemons, but insane you are not.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
The guy was a dick. Seriously, if he couldn't move down one seat so your family could sit together, he's an asshole.

I wonder what other body parts I could describe him as...

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
Good you wouldn't have been happy sitting next to him, in seats you didn't want.

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
fleacythesheep said:
Good you wouldn't have been happy sitting next to him, in seats you didn't want.
Yes, exactly! Might as well get our money back and grab the kick ass seats the next day.

Sir-jackington

Aug 12, 2009
Pretty rude

I also must say bit weird cause i went to see Inception, for the second time, tonight (Tuesday) and it was packed, infact had to go to later showing than originally intended to see was sold out.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Well when me and friends went to see Predators, people cheered and clapped when ever a human was killed.

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
Sir-jackington said:
Pretty rude

I also must say bit weird cause i went to see Inception, for the second time, tonight (Tuesday) and it was packed, infact had to go to later showing than originally intended to see was sold out.
... That is really weird. Are you seeing it tomorrow night?

Ezio_fangirl said:
Well when me and friends went to see Predators, people cheered and clapped when ever a human was killed.
Haha, where is the relevence of this story? But still, that's pretty funny.

EDIT: Oh wait, are you talking about the fact that people made lots of noise? *facepalm*

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Why did him not moving force you to leave?
Because there was no other seats left apart from the ones are the very, very front. The kind where you have to look up at an angle the whole film. My mom did not want to sit there.
So why did you want to force him to sit there?
Oh no, he wouldn't have sat there. He would have just moved over slightly to the right.
So there was a free seat to his right. Why not just sit there yourself?
Because I was hoping to sit with my family. Is that too much to ask?
Yes to be honest. Unless your under 12 then it's far from unreasonable to sit 3 feet away from your parents when you see a movie.
And it's far from unreasonable to want to sit with the people you're actually seeing the movie with.

Dude was being a tool, plain and simple.

Schwerganoik

Jul 1, 2010
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Ezio_fangirl said:
Haha, where is the relevence of this story? But still, that's pretty funny.
I'm drawing a parallel, although I don't think it's legal.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Boot to the face is what I would suggest, though the "But he was a prick" excuse doesn't work too well on mall security...
Hey, take solace in the laws of karma, which will probably leave him with a flat tire in 40C heat at the side of a highway.

TylerC

Nov 12, 2008
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Shaun_Emmerich said:
Axolotl said:
Why did him not moving force you to leave?
Because there was no other seats left apart from the ones are the very, very front. The kind where you have to look up at an angle the whole film. My mom did not want to sit there.
So why did you want to force him to sit there?
Oh no, he wouldn't have sat there. He would have just moved over slightly to the right.
So there was a free seat to his right. Why not just sit there yourself?
Did you even read the original post?