Movies/Games/TV Shows You Wish Hadn't Been Canceled

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
A while ago on YouTube, I came across a trailer for an indie movie that was posted back in 2008. By the way, it is a bit graphic, but remember kids, they're just actors! ;-)

I really liked it. The acting in the clip, especially from the female victims, was actually fairly convincing. It's basically "The Blair Witch Project" done as a serial killer filming his crimes, and while the premise isn't entirely original, it sounded interesting enough to pique my curiosity. So, a quick check on IMDb revealed that it was scheduled for release in 2009 and the last time it was updated was 2010. And back then, it was in post-production. So, at this point, it's safe to assume that the money ran out and we're not going to see the movie. <:-(

Well, I know I'm not the only one who had hopes up for something that will probably not/isn't going to get released or was canceled. So, share a game/movie/TV show that you would have really liked to have seen see the light of day.

By the way, in before Half-Life 2: Episode Three. :p

HandyAndy136

Apr 3, 2011
Just to clarify - are we just talking about TV shows that have never been aired, or can we mention shows that were taken before their time?

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Movies: None come to mind at the moment, but I'm sure there are a few.

Games: StarCraft: Ghost, Mega Man Legends 3, and those are all I can think of.

TV Shows: Oh, so many of them, Spectacular Spider-Man, Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles, Arrested Development (Although, I've only seen three episodes), Caprica, Firefly (And I've only seen the movie sequel here), and probably more, but those will do for now.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Two words Samurai Jack. That may not count since the last time I've check Jack is getting a movie so the alternative is Sym-Bionic Titan.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I like to imagine a scenario when the FOX executive responsible for canceling Firefly finds himself trapped in a convention for browncoats.
A sudden but inevitable betrayal shall be avenged.

Scarim Coral said:
Two words Samurai Jack. That may not count since the last time I've check Jack is getting a movie so the alternative is Sym-Bionic Titan.
It's not officially canceled, just on a very long hiatus.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
You know, I'm not sure Samurai Jack was ever actually cancelled. They just sort of...stopped making it. I think its just been on hold for the last 5 years or so.

OT: Firefly. Though I am torn, as if they did start it up again I've the sinking feeling it would never be as good as it was. Things that are self-aware of their own popularity, and hype, rarely are. Plus, Joss Whedon's writing tends to suffer as his series drag on, so maybe its for the best that Firefly ended early.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
There was this show back a few years ago, that I really enjoyed called Jericho. It was basically about how a terrorist plot ended up nuking some 28 American cities, and the life of a small town afterwords.

I personally thought it was an awesome show, but the network that aired it, hated the show and did all it could to try and get people to move away from it. The first time they canceled it, the community sent in over a million pounds of nuts, due to a season finale quote in it...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I dont know much about stuff to know if somthings "cancelled" or not..but there are times I certain things had turned out differently

Hunchback of notre dame- if only they had commited to not making it kid freindly..like the gargoyles...although its still a reasonable conclusion to come too...it would have been better if they made it irrfutable they were all in his head (the only real givaway though is when they are attacking in the notre dame seige seaqunce)

I am Ledgend- the ending you saw in theatres? yeah THATS NOT HOW IT HAPPENED...just not

Western animation- I wish that (especially disney style traditional) hadnt been lumped together with "kids" stuff...then we would get alot more cool animated stuff thats a "little" more mature..thank god for pixar...and I guess computer animation is heading way now

Mass effect- why did they cut the gay romances? seriously Bioware, you should have grown a quad on this one

and WHY couldnt femshep be on the cover? it would have been cool to make is reversable or somthing (and no I dont buy the "confusion" argument..how effing stupid do you have to be to get confused over somthing like that?)

Dead space 2- you didnt need multiplayer..NO ONE wanted multiplayer (you say people did but i bet your lying)

the orginal Deus Ex- aparently they may have given you the option to play as a chick...dammit how awsome would that have been?

Ragnarok185 said:
Dragon Booster
Storm Hawks

both shows were awesome

also Starcraft: Ghost
dragon booster? that weird "cell shaded" animated show?....as in "RELEASE THE DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!" oh boy...pure cheese

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
1. Monkey Dust
2. The Silver Surfer
3. Lex (so the last series could be done properly)
4. Rainbow
5. Last Of The Summer Wine (I'm joking!)

timelordrick

May 19, 2011
The Muppet show. although apparently since the movie was such a huge success. they're talking about bringing it back.

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
Lie to Me*, damnit. I really loved that show. Also, Eureka.

On the game front, a few years ago, there was supposed to be a Sims game that was somewhere between "The Sims" and "SimCity" in terms of what area you had control over.. a small neighborhood, if I remember correctly? I don't know what ever happened to that, but it sounded pretty cool.

Miyam2

Nov 5, 2011
There was fan-made 3d sequel to Chrono trigger that was forced to cancel by the owners of the Chrono trigger rights - Can't remember any names, sorry.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
HandyAndy136 said:
Just to clarify - are we just talking about TV shows that have never been aired, or can we mention shows that were taken before their time?
It can be either one. :)

requisitename said:
On the game front, a few years ago, there was supposed to be a Sims game that was somewhere between "The Sims" and "SimCity" in terms of what area you had control over.. a small neighborhood, if I remember correctly? I don't know what ever happened to that, but it sounded pretty cool.
Oh yeah, I remember seeing a teaser for it way back in the day. Well, good news is that that is exactly what The Sims 3 is. A small neighborhood where you control one sim family at a time but all the other sims there live out their lives. The bad news is that the base game is as bare-bones as you could imagine and the expansion packs are $30. Way to go, EA. You have realized that you can sell people almost nothing and they'll buy it, then continue selling $30 add-ons for said game and they'll buy that, too. -_-'

TheGameXXVII

Feb 1, 2010
i always answer the same thing for these kinds of questions: Robot Wars.

seriously, look at that! it had 100kg robots ripping each other to pieces in arena packed with fans screaming for more violence, first time i watched it on TV my young mind practically exploded.

had the BBC not sold it to Channel 5 and had the shows producers not ruined the show by screwing with the rules and format (as well as fixing certain results, but that rant is best saved for another day) the show might still be going strong, since it's not like Robot Combat is unpopular, Combots stills pulls in the best crowds at RoboGames each year.