Movies & TV Jokes Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So rumor has it Kelis and Bill Murray are dating, which good for them, but all I can think is

"MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE BOOMERS TO THE YARD"

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So rumor has it Kelis and Bill Murray are dating, which good for them, but all I can think is

"MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE BOOMERS TO THE YARD"
I mean I found out Al Pacino is expecting a child this year with his girlfriend. So yeah, push THAT boat out.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
On the one hand, this refrain is getting tiresome as shit. On the other, at least with John Wick, Oliver Stone is one of the few people in Hollywood who I think is entitled to call it out on the amount of fairly weightless killing (and by no means is John Wick the only offender there; "How you doing, entirety of the superhero genre!") since he's been in the actual shit of war.

Still, old man yelling at clouds.jpg

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
On the one hand, this refrain is getting tiresome as shit. On the other, at least with John Wick, Oliver Stone is one of the few people in Hollywood who I think is entitled to call it out on the amount of fairly weightless killing (and by no means is John Wick the only offender there; "How you doing, entirety of the superhero genre!") since he's been in the actual shit of war.

I never knew -
U.S. Army. In April 1967, Stone enlisted in the United States Army and requested combat duty in Vietnam. From September 27, 1967, to February 23, 1968, he served in Vietnam with 2nd Platoon, B Company, 3rd Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division and was twice wounded in action.

Can easily see how that might grind his gears since the Wick series is all about glorifying violence and gun fetish. Though like you said, “that’s Hollywood”, so it still has a right to exist and entertain regardless of intent.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Great rendetion, but nothing tops the Abridged Cell version.

Can easily see how that might grind his gears since the Wick series is all about glorifying violence and gun fetish. Though like you said, “that’s Hollywood”, so it still has a right to exist and entertain regardless of intent.
My question is: Why start now, Oliver? Why single out John Wick and the Super Hero genre? Where the fuck were you during the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s? You're morals don't mean shit, if you pick on the popular ones and nothing else. I respect as a film maker, but all y'all old guys need to fuck off with mindless crying.

Last edited: