Movies/TV series that made you cry?

Mike Lemond

Jan 20, 2014
I have kept track of this kind of thing. I believe this is the complete list for me:

Finding Nemo
Wall-E
Up
Frequency
Futurama
Trigun
Les Miserables (2012)
Schindler's List

I don't feel the need to explain myself.

Julius Terrell

Feb 27, 2013
Wereduck said:
I can't believe that 11 posts into this thread nobody's mentioned Wolfs Rain. What the hell's wrong with the world?
You're so beyond right it's sickening! I remember me and my ex watching the last few episodes and were both just overcome with tears. Damn that show knew how yank at my soul.
Sean Hollyman said:
valium said:
Shame this is limited to Movies/TV. Plenty of books and games have made me tear up.

But back to the OP, the most recent memory crying I have done was the end of Pans Labyrinth, and the epilogue of Gurren Lagann.
Gurren Lagann made me cry twice, actually. The first time when IT happened. Then later on when he came back to give Simon the motivation he needs to get out of the Labyrinth. I welled up like a manly baby.
You're preaching the choir here! Even now I can't understand how that movie could have ended so tragically? You sometimes have to swallow your pride to survive.

Edit:

I have to add:
The Pianist
Schindler's List ( This movie made me just as angry as I was sad)

I forgot to add both the live action Casshern movie and Casshern Sins TV series (especially Casshern Sins).

Having to hear robots saying that they don't want to die every episode had my shedding tears by episode 2(!!!). Damn that show was depressing as fuck! That's why I love it so much!

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I really can not remember crying for fiction since i read the third harry potter book whenever that came out
I really just do not like drama, it seems so fake for some reason, my machismo levels must be through the roof at this point
Today i really watched the Walking Dead episode where main character x dies when the prison gets sabotaged
Fast forwarded over the crying and the screamin

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The Land Before Time has no equal in tear jerking. Just the beginning scene of Little Foot being born already has me leaking from every orifice.

Also Howl's Moving Castle when Sophie...

...goes into Howl's past/childhood memories.

But that's mainly because of the accompanying musical score, which is fucking incredible in that scene.

I can't say there's ever been a TV series that got me crying.

Azure23

Nov 5, 2012
My fiancé and I were watching UP. Yeah, that opening. We had to pause the movie and just hold each other for awhile, silently contemplating growing old without the other.

On a more manly note, the penultimate moment of Gurren Lagaan when He comes back to motivate Simone to pierce the heavens and escape the labyrinth, it was just too fucking perfect.

SteveTR

May 4, 2012
Maybe it's kind of a cop out, but I remember crying as a kid when the mammoth fell into the volcano (or whatever) in Ice Age. Then again, he didn't die. Yeah, I don't really cry watching movies/shows. The closest I got to crying was probably the ending of Amadeus.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Most recently, The Future Past DLC for Fire Emblem Awakening. Was not expecting anything so hard hitting.
TristanBelmont said:
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. When Kyon has to go back to his dimension or whatever and hands the application back to Nagato. Jesus I thought my heart was gonna disintegrate when I saw her face.
Goddamn, man, don't remind me.

Abyssalin

Mar 28, 2012
Scrubs - My Screw Up: First time i watched this i didn't register the subtle hits and the ending just crushed me.
Scrubs - My Lunch: Seeing Dr Cox just become so depressed was horrible.

There's more but i can't think off the bat.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
The kid lights the fire and starts running towards the fight, fuuuuuuck, that's top-notch filmmaking. I wasn't bawling but manly tears were shed.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
For me it was multiple times during Skins... I am at the end of Season 4, and some of those episodes are powerful at an emotional level... I think because it is raw and realistic of things that do happen (at times).

Also.... Of Mice and Men... from the first time I read it, to the last time I have watched it... gets me everytime! :(

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
CLANNAD and CLANNAD After Story... bawled my god damn eyes out.
Teared up during LotR trilogy at points as well, same with Les Miserables.

A few others but the names escape me.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
the first thing that comes to mind in voices of a distant star.

From what i remember
earth is attacked by aliens and earth attacks back by chasing them through space. it follows 2 people one on earth and one in the army attackign the aliens. because of speed of radio waves and the speed they are travelling away from earth. its full of things like "happy 24th birthday from my 16 year old self" so the on on earth keeps getting messages further and further apart while for the one in the army its been only a fraction of the time.

not sure why it got to me.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Avatar - The Last Airbender. Twice. The first time when they get Appa back (''I missed you buddy'') and the reunion of Zuko and Iroh in the finale.
Kung Fu Panda 2. Don't judge a book by its cover, is what it taught me. I thought this movie was going to be stupid, and yet Po's backstory broke me. In half.

SGT_Noobnuts

May 30, 2014
Well the scene that had me bawling my proverbial eyes out is of course THAT scene from the original Fullmetal Alchemist

Anyone who's watched the show will know what that moment is

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Azure23 said:
My fiancé and I were watching UP. Yeah, that opening. We had to pause the movie and just hold each other for awhile, silently contemplating growing old without the other.

On a more manly note, the penultimate moment of Gurren Lagaan when He comes back to motivate Simone to pierce the heavens and escape the labyrinth, it was just too fucking perfect.

Oh man, I feel ya.

Later, buddy!

;___;

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I cry really easily in movies. It's not even really an emotional response, in loud theaters, if there's these kinds of low rumbling noises you can feel in your body, my eyes start tearing up. Also 3D might cause that.

But speaking of emotional responses, Land Before Time still gets me to tears.
Also Mission Impossible TV-series but that's because I used to watch it with someone who is dead now.

And anything that has animals, especially cats, dying.

Also if we're naming games, the ending of Ghost Trick. So bittersweet.

And books, well, a death in Sinuhe Egyptiläinen was THE fictional death of my childhood.
I was 6 or 7, 8 at most when I first started reading it and stopped when

Minea, one of the women Sinuhe loves during his life, dies. And to top it off, her murderer gets away with it. SInuhe is too depressed to take revenge or take him to justice, and he notes that since revealing the truth would destroy the main religion of Minos, and plunge them into chaos, doing it would cause more harm than good.

Which is ironic considering his later involvement in the Egyptian civil war, but whatever.

I took it hard and wrote fanfiction where Minea is saved and her murderer goes to jail. I did finish the book later, and it's still one of my favourite novels. It has other depressing stuff, I mean, the main character had already driven his parents to suicide at that point, and all the murder rape. death and destroyed idealism hadn't even gotten into full swing.

Great book though.

Kricketz

Apr 25, 2014
I've never outright cried to anything, however there are some shows where I can't help but choke up.

Gurren Lagaan - Specifically episodes 8, 24-27.

Derek - A delightful British Comedy, where almost every episode choked me up.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Since you didn't specify tears of sadness or joy, I'm going to mix the two.

Samurai Jack Season 1, Episode 10

Jack vs The Lava Monster. Makes me cry every time.

-----
The end of Moulin Rouge when he's crying over his love (no that's not a spoiler, he freaking says as much in the opening sequence of the movie :p) . Hated the movie with a passion, but I did tear up at the end, despite all the terrible musical numbers I had to sit through. *shudders*