Movies you saw multiple times in theatres

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
I saw Wreck it Ralph in theaters twice. The thing is, as awesome a movie it is, the second viewing was primarily because my mom loved it enough to want to watch it twice. To put things into perspective, my mom is not a gamer, and she consistently is a member of the Animation Age Ghetto [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnimationAgeGhetto] despite how many animated films she saw with dad & I (just shows how damn good the film was).

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Saw Avengers twice. First time was in 3D (f**k 3D) with all my friends midnight release, second was in 2D with same group of friends. Man that 3rd Act was soooooo much better in 2D!

Pacific Rim again soon with a friend who hasn't seen it. She's a fan of Gurren Lagann, so telling her its a lot like it got me a free movie ticket and a second viewing of that nerdgasm. :D

LrgLives

May 14, 2013
Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers and Return of the King are the only two movies I have seen twice at the cinema and that was because one viewing was with my family and the other with friends.

I try not to over watch films I really like because I like to keep them fresh, so I enjoy them more when I do watch them.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I have never seent eh same wovie twice in the cinemas.
mainly because the movies cost 1800 JPN.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
Back in the day I saw Phantom Menace at least twice, same with Revenge of the Sith but I was young and foolish.

Lets see,
Inception, 3 times.
Dark Knight Rises, 3 times.
Skyfall, 3 times.
Avengers, twice.
Iron Man 3, twice.
Thor, twice (for some reason).
Prometheus, twice.
Cabin in the Woods, twice.
Black Swan, twice.
I have an inkling I saw Scott Pilgrim twice.

And if we're including the re-releases before TDKR, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight twice.

That's all I got right now.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
The most recent one I can think of that I saw multiple times in the theater was The Avengers. Pretty sure I saw it 3 times. Others that I can recall are The Lion King and The Matrix. Each of those was at least 4 and probably more. I think I saw the first LotR film twice. I don't have the spare time or money like I used back in the day.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
I saw the two towers like, 9 times in theatre?

Also saw the hobbit three times, once on opening night in imax, once when family wanted to go, once when friends want to go.

Most movies I see multiple times are because I wanted to go see it, then later on my friends wanted to see it too, and I was just like "hell yeah I'd like to go, that movie was awesome"

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I saw Avatar no more, no less than 4 times when it was playing in theaters. Twice in 3D, twice in 2D.

I regret nothing.

Oh, and more recently I saw Wreck-It Ralph twice on the big screen. That was fun.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
The first Transformers, not cause I wanted to. And Scott Pilgrim sort of. I saw it when it was in theaters, and during a period after theatrical release and before DVD release when it was playing at the student cinema near my school campus.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I think I have seen a film twice, but off the top of my head I genuinely cannot recall it. Generally speaking I can't watch things repeatedly in too short a time frame. Normally it's got to be a year or so before I can watch it again, if it is too fresh in my memory I just cannot enjoy it properly.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Ehm, none. It's not about going to the cinema a few times, I just don't have a need for watching the same movie more than once in that short a period. I watch movies more than once sometimes, but that's usually at least months after the first viewing and obviously, at home. And usually, it's because I'm watching it with someone.

CaptainThom

Jun 24, 2013
Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 1, wasn't really my choice saw it once with friends and again with my girlfriend at the time.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I saw The Dark Knight Rises three times while it was playing in the theaters, partially because I was it with two different groups of people and there was nothing better playing at the time.

I ended up finding different Easter Eggs every time I watched the movie.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Z of the Na said:
Oh, and more recently I saw Wreck-It Ralph twice on the big screen. That was fun.
I envy you and everyone else who saw that movie in the cinema. I had to watch it at home months later, because the fucking local theatres only showed a dubbed version. I was actually considering going to a nearby city who had a non-dubbed version just to see it. My friends were aboard for the idea too, but sadly we just never got the chance, was a busy period :(

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Never have, never will.

It's rare if I watch a DVD twice but paying £8 to watch a movie I have already seen? Fuck that noise, I'd rather just wait till the DVD release or something.

Never understood this "I've seen X so many times in the cinema", although I don't get the bragging about how much alcohol you drank either.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I think the original Toy Story. The first time I saw it was the first time I ever went to a cinema on my friends' birthday.

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
I saw Skyfall like four times while it was in the theaters. No regrets.

And then I bought it on blu-ray and watched it again. :D

(Also, pretty sure when I was a kid, my dad and I spent several days in a row re-watching Independence Day at the theater.)

Trinab

Feb 1, 2013
The Lord of The Rings: Return of the King - 8 times in theaters.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl - An astonishing 10 times.

I seriously think Curse of the Black Pearl is my favorite movie of all time, based on the fact that I can watch it over and over again, without getting bored. Hot Fuzz is on the same list, but I never saw it in theaters.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
The recent I.Robot movie with Will Smith.

I was around 12 and loved the movie so much I acutally watched it seven times

I might be obsessed with robots