Murder Your Maker Teaser All But Confirmed as Prototype Sequel

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Murder Your Maker Teaser All But Confirmed as Prototype Sequel

A new teaser video gives the the game away - literally - on Activision's "Murder Your Maker" site.

The mystery surrounding a new project from Activision that the publisher planned to reveal at the Spike Videogame Awards has just gotten a whole lot less mysterious, as an update to the Murder Your Maker [http://www.murderyourmaker.com/] site has seemingly confirmed the rumors that the game is Prototype 2.

Activision updated the site with a five-second video teaser. The video welcomes you to "NYZ," or "New York Zero," before referring to infections, conspiracies and top-secret military operations - all of which were prominent parts of the first Prototype. If that's all the video had contained, then there might still be a little mystery about the whole thing, but unfortunately not everyone at Activision got the memo about being subtle. Interspersed between these tantalizing snippets about bio-disasters and redacted reports, Activision has included footage from the original Prototype, making about it about as obvious as possible what game it was teasing, without just coming out and saying it.

If the game is indeed Prototype 2, it's reasonable to assume that the message, "Murder Your Maker," refers to Alex Mercer's efforts to track down and kill the people responsible for the Blackwatch virus that he was infected with. As was suggested when the site first appeared [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105647-Activision-Inviting-Gamers-to-Murder-Their-Makers-at-Spike-VGAs], the teaser image - which showed a map surrounded by notes, newspaper clippings and other paraphernalia - looked like an attempt to find someone, and it could be those people are the scientists and military officials behind the experiments.

It's still possible that this is some kind of fake-out, designed to make us think that it's Prototype 2, when it's actually a completely different game, but with less than a week before the big reveal at the Spike VGAs, it doesn't seem all that likely. The official confirmation - one way or the other - comes on December 11th.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/news/murder-maker-tease-prototype-2]

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Please please be better than the original, it had so much going for it. Just a few silly problems that can be ironed out

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
One thing annoyed me - you have to buy abilities, but could only buy some after story missions. Was worth it though, to accuse someone else of being me and have them shot by a grenade launcher!
A Sonny-esque class at the start, deciding which upgrades you get, would make the game far more interesting for me - a more stealth based mutant, or a speedy one?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Sweet zombie Jesus, I cannot wait for this if it is Prototype 2

The Rockerfly said:
Please please be better than the original, it had so much going for it. Just a few silly problems that can be ironed out
^^^What they said^^^

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
The free running elements of the first game were great. However please murder the guy how wrote the story of the first game and ... oh wait "Murder you maker" ... now I see...

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
I enjoyed the first game after I picked it up for about half the original cost and have to say I didn't find much to hate about it bar the final boss fight. I'd buy a sequel as I loved running up and along buildings as well using all the different powers.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Prototype had good gameplay, but the mission structure and narrative surrounding it was abysmal. Also, needed less bullshit stunlocks.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Awesome I really enjoyed the first Prototype.
and really all they need to do is fix some of its minor issues and get a better writer.

Daraven

Sep 18, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Activision has included footage from the original Prototype, making about it about as obvious as possible what game it was teasing, without just coming out and saying it.
Gameplay from the original? Didn't look like the original to me. The streets weren't covered in infected crap in the first one. The only difference between the normal streets and infected ones was the change in lighting, the crashed cars, the zombies everywhere, and the occasional fire coming out of a window.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
All i can say is,it better be fucking Prototype 2! I have been waiting for this since I put down my controller with a giant smile on my face after I seen a bird get infected.I love Prototype...

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
For a tenner you cant go wrong. The story is fairly bad and not explained well, but it's such a fun game to play. The amount of things you can do in it to murder people and have fun is unreal.

Aptus

Nov 16, 2009
I quite hope it is Prototype 2, the game was not great by any means but it was pure unadulterated fun.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Ah Activision you unoriginal douches, I knew there was no way it was an original IP... Still Prototype 2 should be good... At least it's not Call of Duty Space Warfare 9001

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Murder your maker? How fitting.

Prototype was probably the sickest game I've ever played, even sicker than stuff like Postal 2 (which atleast had some irony and humour going). How this game didn't get a AO rating or something similar is beyond me. What a fitting title for a teaser to Prototype.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Am so looking forward to this. Prototype was by no means perfect, but it was a fun game, something lots of games these days forget to include. Also, I'm still playing it up until this day.