Music to study with

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Anything by Ulrich Schnauss, The Album Leaf, Yoko Kanno, or 65daysofstatic. Anything dream pop, post-rock, or ambient is what I like drawing and reading to.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Just listen to this from beginning to end and all your studies will go well. Seriously, it works for me with every exam I have.

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009

Listen to this song while you're studying. I can guarantee that you will GET. SHIT. DONE.

Awesome movie too.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Lyrics are usually too distracting, so I usually listen to things that let me focus. Music like this:

Lovely.

DragonStorm247

Mar 5, 2012
I'm an orchestral man, stuff like John Williams, Hans Zimmer, etc. I strongly recommend Two Steps From Hell.

And if you find yourself studying geometry ...

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
I play Raining Blood whenever I study psychology.
I don't know how helpful that is to you though.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Instrumental Hip-Hop and Trip-hop are great chilling/studying genres. Check out bands like Morcheeba, Portishead, Nujabes, Freddie Joachim.

Alon Doron

Mar 7, 2012
SckizoBoy said:
Apparently (and I'm not sure where this comes from), but Baroque music is deemed the best music to listen to when studying, especially maths and physical sciences... *shrug*

So, having said that, here's some choice baroque:

Why yes, I am a JSB fanboy, how did you guess... *saunters away*
That is actually... very helpful! Made me have some 'house' moments, when I suddenly knew what I was doing. Thanks!

AnthonTheSkabot

Jun 22, 2010
Music composed by Frederic Chopin, Franz Liszt, Nobuo Uematsu and Jeremy Soule have helped me in the past.

Explosions in the Sky might also work for you.

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011
I've always found music with lyrics and/or telling a story way too distracting to listen to.
So for me it would be either Andy Mckee (Dreamcatcher album is fabulous) or Chopin's Nocturnes.
Chemical Brothers is also nice, but mostly only some specific songs (for instance: Harpoons or The Pills Won't Help You Now).

MrGseff

Jun 10, 2009
I try to avoid any music with lyrics otherwise I start to focus on the words of the songs rather than the content of my study.
I mainly listen to Classical music, classical soundtracks (such as Lord of the Rings soundtracks) and also Chiptune music.
This is what I have been listening to through my A-levels. Really helpful.

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
Preferrably something without lyrics because those are very distracting.

The Last Parade

Apr 24, 2009
Katawa Shoujo soundtrack that takes out certain tracks meant for small scenes such as High Tension and Passing of Time.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Holarchy said:
Jazoni89 said:
Bark Psychosis, Tortoise, Mogwai, Sigur Ros, God Speed You! Black Emperor, Explosions in the Sky, and the later Talk-Talk albums, are what you should be looking for.
What this guy said, these bands are great, especially Godspeed You! -drools- they're so thought provoking. I find post rock and ambient to be the best genres to listen to while studying (an earlier example was Tim Hecker whose recent album is sublime), though you can't go wrong with a bit of electronica or dream-pop either. Sample a few genres, see what's to your liking.

Yeah, some Dream Pop, and Ethereal Wave wouldn't go amiss either.

Also, Chill Wave.