Muslim Organization To Rate Games Based on "Values of Islam"

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Oh and I look forward to seeing how they rate American Shooters based around killing hostile Muslims.

LordWalter

Sep 19, 2009
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
Yet another example of religion being barking mad and continuing a long tradition of coercion and censorship.
it's voluntary, you bigoted asshole.
Also:

big·ot·ed
   /ˈbɪgətɪd/ Show Spelled[big-uh-tid] Show IPA
?adjective
utterly intolerant of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Funny how moral and intellectual clarity makes one "bigoted".
Hoist by your own petard. You say religion is barking mad, and a bigot is one wh is intolerant of a belief different from one's own.
This makes you a bigot.
And read the article, fuckwit. ITS FUCKING
VOLUNTARY.
If you'd ever been to/ at least put the effort into googling
the UAE, you'd know you were being a twat. Zayed, (sheik zayed bin sultan al-nayan)who recently died, was (in my opinion) the most forward-thinking and benevolent ruler the middle east has seen in my lifetime. His legacy is a confederacy of 7 Emirates that represent the way forward in linking previously money-based western thinking with the unified-society way of islamic thinking.
You clearly know nothing about how the ESRB and systems like it function coercively. The same thing happens with movies: these ratings strongly affect sales and can, de-facto, shut down games that are slapped with an "adult" ranking because publishers won't sponsor them.

Also, THIS guy is your hero? Is that a joke? An Oil mogul? (and one who seems to profit greatly from the "Money-Based Western" society you dislike so obsessively.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zayed_bin_Sultan_Al_Nahyan#Attitudes

Someone who opposes a secular parliamentary democracy in favor of an Islamic theocratic-fascist state? That sounds real modernized.
And building Islamic states! How could I forget! Oh, yes, countries where they bury homosexuals alive and shoot rape victims in stadiums! Very "forward thinking". I'm sure the competition for "Leader of Progressive Thought" was hotly contested.

Where are you ranked on Amnesty International again?
I hate western society? where did I say that? OH that's right: I DIDNT.
Big Z opposing secularity? AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! yeah, that's why he forced women into education and freely allowed the use of alchohol, and opposed preposterous modesty laws. He was a TRUE muslim. 'Surat al Kafirun' look it up, you ignorant sod. Mahmoud Ahmedinejad is NOT following the ur'an, and anytime you see the word islam, you shouldn't immediately assume people like hima re involved, let alone in charge.
Do your fucking research, dont throw half-assed wiki shit at me this late in the game. Rememebr when the wiki entrance for the holocaust was changed to the 'fiction' category?
And zayed's my hero? really? where did I say that -oh yeah I DIDNT
See a theme? you dont disagree with me, you disagree with some imaginary burqa - bashing freaktard that you invented to represent the opposition.
peace out, idiot. xx
/grin. I always take it as a sign of unequivocal victory when the opposition gives up any pretense of intellectual debate and just starts slinging ad-hominems everywhere, so I'll leave you with this:

}"

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Guess the Internet is the go-to place for anti-religious bigotry. Way to represent gamers.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Urgh, where's my time machine. I wanna go back to a simpler time when people didn't analysise every single aspect of society. It's beyond ridiculous.

LordWalter

Sep 19, 2009
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
Yet another example of religion being barking mad and continuing a long tradition of coercion and censorship.
Also:

big·ot·ed
?adjective
utterly intolerant of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Hoist by your own petard. You say religion is barking mad, and a bigot is one wh is intolerant of a belief different from one's own.
This makes you a bigot.
VOLUNTARY.
the UAE, you'd know you were being a twat. Zayed, (sheik zayed bin sultan al-nayan)who recently died, was (in my opinion) the most forward-thinking and benevolent ruler the middle east has seen in my lifetime. His legacy is a confederacy of 7 Emirates that represent the way forward in linking previously money-based western thinking with the unified-society way of islamic thinking.
You clearly know nothing about how the ESRB and systems like it function coercively. The same thing happens with movies: these ratings strongly affect sales and can, de-facto, shut down games that are slapped with an "adult" ranking because publishers won't sponsor them.

Also, THIS guy is your hero? Is that a joke? An Oil mogul? (and one who seems to profit greatly from the "Money-Based Western" society you dislike so obsessively.)

Someone who opposes a secular parliamentary democracy in favor of an Islamic theocratic-fascist state? That sounds real modernized.
And building Islamic states! How could I forget! Oh, yes, countries where they bury homosexuals alive and shoot rape victims in stadiums! Very "forward thinking". I'm sure the competition for "Leader of Progressive Thought" was hotly contested.

Big Z opposing secularity? AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! yeah, that's why he forced women into education and freely allowed the use of alchohol, and opposed preposterous modesty laws. He was a TRUE muslim. 'Surat al Kafirun' look it up, you ignorant sod. Mahmoud Ahmedinejad is NOT following the ur'an, and anytime you see the word islam, you shouldn't immediately assume people like hima re involved, let alone in charge.
Do your fucking research, dont throw half-assed wiki shit at me this late in the game. Rememebr when the wiki entrance for the holocaust was changed to the 'fiction' category?
See a theme? you dont disagree with me, you disagree with some imaginary burqa - bashing freaktard that you invented to represent the opposition.
peace out, idiot. xx
/grin. I always take it as a sign of unequivocal victory when the opposition gives up any pretense of intellectual debate and just starts slinging ad-hominems everywhere, so I'll leave you with this:

oh i see. You have nothing with which to defend your position, then? Good.
also your links broken, redneck.
I love how your last post contains no information and is blatantly just a 'but I want the last word!' post. (now you cant have the last word cause it'll prove me even more right ahaha haha ha.)
Truth tho dude: Islam does not equal Mahmoud Ahmedinejad. Pay attention to the things your knee is jerking against. pl like you are the reason narcotics laws have no relation to reality. and that bugs me.
lmao..uh...what?

1. Link isn't broken.
"red·neck
Show Spelled [red-nek] Show IPA Informal: Often Disparaging .
noun
- an uneducated white farm laborer, esp. from the South.
- a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class."

I live in New England directly outside of Boston, and I'm a University student. This is the most amusingly inaccurate insult I've ever received.

3. I am a huge proponent of reforming U.S. and international narcotics law, and vehemently oppose "Drug War" policies which infringe civil liberties for such a trivial reason.

5. Are all Muslims like Mahmoud? No, but he's certainly representative of Muslims, as he leads the most explicitly Islamic state in the world (in much the same way the Pope is representative of Catholicism.) Islam is a delusional and superstitious ideology that only serves to poison global society. Your throwing band-aids on the problem and making apologies for its most obvious and egregious offenses are not going to bring reform.

LordWalter

Sep 19, 2009
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
Also:

big·ot·ed
?adjective

This makes you a bigot.
VOLUNTARY.

peace out, idiot. xx

I love how your last post contains no information and is blatantly just a 'but I want the last word!' post. (now you cant have the last word cause it'll prove me even more right ahaha haha ha.)
Truth tho dude: Islam does not equal Mahmoud Ahmedinejad. Pay attention to the things your knee is jerking against. pl like you are the reason narcotics laws have no relation to reality. and that bugs me.
lmao..uh...what?

1. Link isn't broken.
"red·neck
noun

I live in New England directly outside of Boston, and I'm a University student. This is the most amusingly inaccurate insult I've ever received.

3. I am a huge proponent of reforming U.S. and international narcotics law, and vehemently oppose "Drug War" policies which infringe civil liberties for such a trivial reason.

5. Are all Muslims like Mahmoud? No, but he's certainly representative of Muslims, as he leads the most explicitly Islamic state in the world (in much the same way the Pope is representative of Catholicism.) Islam is a delusional and superstitious ideology that only serves to poison global society. Your throwing band-aids on the problem and making apologies for its most obvious and egregious offenses are not going to bring reform.
hmmm, must be my browser then. Thanks, redneck.
Go To The UAE, Have a clue what your knee is jerking against. I can tell you now it is more than England than nearer nations like greece or spain are.
Now that you've admitted you dont know what your on about, and your just ragging on islam because youve heard of one of the worst people alive who pretends to be muslim (hitler was ostensibly christian, fuckface) I realise there is no sense talking to a wall. Have fun wallowing in your own hate, you lie-spitting, vitriolic, yankee bastard. Go vote republican.
lmao, What....WHAT? Yes, Hitler WAS a Christian. I know that, and he's a spectacular example of how religion doesn't make you a moral person (indeed, quite the opposite: it often corrupts your moral system. He used religious/Catholic references to justify his anti-Jewish/homosexual/etc. sentiment) My question is: what does that have to do with me? I'm not a Christian. I agree with you in full about that criticism.

Also, am I a yankee or a redneck? It's not even geographically possible for me to be both, though that is one of my favorite insult combinations I have EVER received. Points to you, sir.

See also:
‎"Perhaps if he'd paid a little more attention to the minor niceties of
spelling and grammar, as well as the more significant skills of logic
and reasoning, it wouldn't be quite so obvious who is the ignorant one
in this argument."

LordWalter

Sep 19, 2009
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
Also:

big·ot·ed
?adjective

This makes you a bigot.
VOLUNTARY.

peace out, idiot. xx

lmao..uh...what?

1. Link isn't broken.
"red·neck
noun

Go To The UAE, Have a clue what your knee is jerking against. I can tell you now it is more than England than nearer nations like greece or spain are.
Now that you've admitted you dont know what your on about, and your just ragging on islam because youve heard of one of the worst people alive who pretends to be muslim (hitler was ostensibly christian, fuckface) I realise there is no sense talking to a wall. Have fun wallowing in your own hate, you lie-spitting, vitriolic, yankee bastard. Go vote republican.
lmao, What....WHAT? Yes, Hitler WAS a Christian. I know that, and he's a spectacular example of how religion doesn't make you a moral person (indeed, quite the opposite: it often corrupts your moral system. He used religious/Catholic references to justify his anti-Jewish/homosexual/etc. sentiment) My question is: what does that have to do with me? I'm not a Christian. I agree with you in full about that criticism.

Also, am I a yankee or a redneck? It's not even geographically possible for me to be both, though that is one of my favorite insult combinations I have EVER received. Points to you, sir.

See also:
in this argument."
My point is, you thicko, that one bad muslim doesnt make islam bad. Yes ahedinejad is bad, but he isnt in charge of UAE. duh. Also I think you'll find that should be: "Perhaps if he'd paid [...] it wouldn't have been quite so". Grammar nazis should learn to use grammar, or stop being nit=picking sad little tossers.
And thanks. I like insulting trolls; it's a favourite game of mine.
That's not my argument. My argument is Islam is objectively bad, Muslims who choose to follow the teachings simply display that. Open the Qur'an and you will find a blueprint for homophobia, misogyny, violence, and a fascistic caliphate. You'll find much the same thing in the Hadith. Also, "one" Muslim? Is that a joke? Look at the policies and public opinions of the vast majority of Muslims and Muslim nations. They are not progressive. Is it it a minority that actually arms itself and implements their backward bronze-age ideology through terrorism? Yes, but they received broad-based support from so-called "moderates" who brainwash them from the cradle on up to think that unquestioning faith is a virtue.

Also, there is absolutely no grammatical mistake in that sentence. Explain. And I'm not being a Grammar-Nazi. I've already displayed a titanic degree of restraint in not pointing out every example of you butchering the English language.

Ah, yes. I see that last part quite clearly. Your mastery of the ad-hominem is quite awe inspiring. Truly.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Until they actually start rating games and we get a sense of how they'll do so that's based on something factual rather than some vague unease about what those dark-skinned ululating heathens might do to our beloved industry (heavy sarcasm) I don't know that there's a whole lot to get bent out of shape about, here. The countries that feel a strong need for a specifically Islamocentric ratings system are likely the same ones that aren't letting games from decadent western countries in in the first place (except perhaps for pirated black market stock); maybe this will actually increase the amount of legitimate international games business and lead to a greater circulation of ideas.

I'll grant the statement as it stands seems unnecessarily vague and buzzwordy ("sociology of the family" AND "family sociology"?) but that doesn't really give us enough to know what the actual board's ratings will be like.

Please remember that games are already rated by several different ratings boards internationally. Is one more going to break the camel's back?

Hmm. I wonder if they chose their name to come before the ESRB in the phone book...

LordWalter

Sep 19, 2009
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
letterbomber223 said:
LordWalter said:
Also:

big·ot·ed
?adjective

This makes you a bigot.
VOLUNTARY.

peace out, idiot. xx

lmao..uh...what?

1. Link isn't broken.
"red·neck
noun

See also:
in this argument."
My point is, you thicko, that one bad muslim doesnt make islam bad. Yes ahedinejad is bad, but he isnt in charge of UAE. duh. Also I think you'll find that should be: "Perhaps if he'd paid [...] it wouldn't have been quite so". Grammar nazis should learn to use grammar, or stop being nit=picking sad little tossers.
And thanks. I like insulting trolls; it's a favourite game of mine.
That's not my argument. My argument is Islam is objectively bad, Muslims who choose to follow the teachings simply display that. Open the Qur'an and you will find a blueprint for homophobia, misogyny, violence, and a fascistic caliphate. You'll find much the same thing in the Hadith. Also, "one" Muslim? Is that a joke? Look at the policies and public opinions of the vast majority of Muslims and Muslim nations. They are not progressive. Is it it a minority that actually arms itself and implements their backward bronze-age ideology through terrorism? Yes, but they received broad-based support from so-called "moderates" who brainwash them from the cradle on up to think that unquestioning faith is a virtue.

Also, there is absolutely no grammatical mistake in that sentence. Explain. And I'm not being a Grammar-Nazi. I've already displayed a titanic degree of restraint in not pointing out every example of you butchering the English language.

Ah, yes. I see that last part quite clearly. Your mastery of the ad-hominem is quite awe inspiring. Truly.
If you actually believe what you say and aren't trolling, the world is in a worse state than I thought. You have my pity. (the grammar nazi was a tense-switcher: technically incorrect.My point wasnt haha i r good at grammar', it was 'get a life'.)
ALSO:
Don't Be a Jerk
This rule trumps any other. Any loophole you think you've found in any other rule is covered by this one. If you make our forums a less pleasant place to be, we don't want you here.
No, I am not trolling.

Also, "get a life"? By the Golden Throne that must be a joke. Look, I think that phrase is flatly ridiculous anyway (people have different ideas of recreation, if someone is happy correcting grammar or watching an inordinate amount of movies, let them be. No need for uniformity.) but even if you disagree with me on that point and want to use a mainstream idea of " a life" as a rubric....dude....get some perspective. You are arguing in an online video game forum about religion. This is the textbook definition of nerdy ways to waste time (not that I'm complaining, I love this sort of thing.)

/grin. "Don't be a Jerk" says the guy who has included multiple personal insults in every comment on this thread toward me. Once again, go compare the tone of my posts to yours. One of us violates board posting guidelines (namely ad-hominems), the other does not.

Eve4

Dec 15, 2010
I just had to butt in, though I usually steer clear from forums. I work at the national media council in UAE (people responsible for banning these games).
This "Islamic rating policy", all jokes aside, is not strictly about Islamic values, its about the actual policies of the country, I doubt that many of those here actually know what UAE looks like, and its definitely NOTHING like Iran. Anyway, I'll skip the mindless dead end argument of (Islam isn't bad its the people etc..)because its a delicious troll snack.
Gaming in the middle east is just beginning to boom, as a result, the general idea of "Video games are for kids" is still persisting, meaning the country will have to start off by filtering whatever is inappropriate for said "children",and of course none of you are aware of the social structure in the country, particularly in the nuclear family. They too, like many Western\ European parents use Games as parenting tools, or just have no idea what their kids are playing,however they most certainly don't go game shopping with their kids. Yes, this ruined it for the adult gamers out there and they had to suffice with pirated games or getting them from elsewhere. I personally translated correspondences between the National Media Council and other institutes that aims at a long term plan to modify this rating system, in order to open up new opportunities for middle-east based gaming industry, If you let in everything in one go it will obviously cause a shock, and I personally think they're on the right track.
Another point, If a game is "against islam" it will be denied most likely under "racial prejudice" which would have been the same case in many other countries (Resident evil with black zombies for example??)
One question though, unless you're living in the middle east (and naturally still able to get all the games you want through internet or bootleg shops) why do you even care and complain about a rating system that's not even touching you?
Maybe you're looking at it as an unexploited game market, more money for you. Well, Patience is a virtue.

Finally, let me finish off by saying that being a 24 year old muslim female living in the UAE all my life (who saved princess peach countless times, found all the secrets in TR games, finished MGS in extreme mode to verify the playing as ninja in the next playthrough rumor, and witnessed the first guard fall asleep in the first MG...etc), I personally can't wait to get my hands on many of the -expected to be banned- games.