MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
This game is going to be the same old, it will look the same and feel the same.
Wait until the next game, beecaaaauuuuseee. the engine that the game is built upon (id tech 3).
Has officially been updated by it's makers. Therefore they are going to rewrite the code for the next installment. Now i don't really care for call of duty, or first person shooters for that matter. But for those that do, wait until the next installment. if done right it will look better, feel better and breath some life into a series i don't think has evolved much from call of duty four. With that, i leave you my fellow escaptists to bicker about things.

p.s luuuuv you guys. ;)

Xariat

Jan 30, 2011
this game will just proove the point that cod fans are willing to pay 60$ for the same game over and over again.

this game isn't even remotly new, its a mw2 dlc for 60$....

Jaymei Phoenix

Aug 5, 2011
Looks great. The graphics are better again, which is always a good thing, and if it plays like MW & Mw2 I'll be a happy gamer.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
I actually just got finished playing MW2 over again, and I can honestly say that it is so sad that it looks exactly like the same game. Know what is sad? I will actually probably play it for the story (I do like the set piece moments) and then return it to Blockbuster. Know why? ...Because I haven't played a Multiplayer game in so long ;3;

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
So the lack of killstreaks, the addition of strike packages, new campaign, new gamemodes, etc. means that it's the same thing because you're a CoD hater?
Okay.
mattmoin117 said:
wow i cant belive it mw3 is the same as mw2 oh wait i knew that for 2 years already bf3 ftw
You knew that the next game would be like MW2 because MW2 wasn't like any CoD before except 4? Okay.
Also you should probably take some english lessons.

(On a side note, reserved the Hardened Edition at Gamestop, I only have to pay 20 bucks for this because I finally traded in all the doubles of other games I had.)

cybran

Jun 15, 2010
Psychotic-ishSOB said:
As much as I believe you have the right to like both, Battlefield 3 will be better than Modern Warfare 3.
As long as battlefield 3 uses origin, it isnt even an option for me to buy..

tofulove

Sep 6, 2009
jakko12345 said:
Do your damn research OP, this are just Modern Warfare 2 videos. Oh wait...

On a related note, is there a single new weapon that hasn't been in previous Cods apart from that FMG-9 thing?
best part of this is your avatar, when reading it, i read it in a voice of a stereotypical deep south black guy.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
omega_peaches said:
So the lack of killstreaks, the addition of strike packages, new campaign, new gamemodes, etc. means that it's the same thing because you're a CoD hater?
Okay.
mattmoin117 said:
wow i cant belive it mw3 is the same as mw2 oh wait i knew that for 2 years already bf3 ftw
You knew that the next game would be like MW2 because MW2 wasn't like any CoD before except 4? Okay.

(On a side note, reserved the Hardened Edition at Gamestop, I only have to pay 20 bucks for this because I finally traded in all the doubles of other games I had.)
Lack of killstreaks?watch the videos also "strike packages" they just renamed it and add few new killstreaks,they barely added new modes also "new camping" B.S it's gonna be exactly like MW2's because it's a sequel(you can say "But it won't" but we both know that activision & IW will do the less rather than the most and don't give a shit about what we think), so almost nothing changed.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Look a chicken killstreak
Hostile chicken inbound

OT: As far as I'm concerend we are still buying lesser DLC to the divine CoD4. I won't be buying it however, it's getting way too expensive for an expansion pack.

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
yuval152 said:
omega_peaches said:
Okay.
mattmoin117 said:

Lack of killstreaks?watch the videos also "strike packages" they just renamed it and add few new killstreaks,they barely added new modes also "new camping" B.S it's gonna be exactly like MW2's because it's a sequel(you can say "But it won't" but we both know that activision & IW will do the less rather than the most and don't give a shit about what we think), so almost nothing changed.
It's not really the same, yeah, kills add to the streak, but doing the objective also adds to it (Similar to Medal of Honor.) The full game hasn't been revealed, so I was making assumptions about the new modes, as I'm pretty sure every CoD has added new modes. I agree, it will be really similar, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it will be EXACTLY the same. And yeah, it's pretty obvious that Activi$ion is only in this for the money.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
I don't understand why people are complaining, new maps, new guns, new killstreaks, new perks, new spec ops mode how is that the same as MW2?

And don't tell me "because it plays like MW2", the reason why it's like MW2 is because MW2 sold a lot.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
meh, if you're not happy with it, don't buy it. I don't see what the fuss is about...it's not like anyone is forcing you to play MW3. Hell, almost no one I know plays MW2 multiplayer.

omega_peaches said:
Okay.
MW3 could look like the goddamn Witcher 2 and people would still say it's the same as MW2 :p

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Jaymei Phoenix said:
Looks great. The graphics are better again, which is always a good thing, and if it plays like MW & Mw2 I'll be a happy gamer.
Same engine, they're exactly the same

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Listen people COD is a game aimed at the masses who don't enjoy playing games regularly, your allowed to enjoy it, but don't complain if you don't because its not aimed at the people who expect a little more from their games (Story, good campaign, good community)

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Jaymei Phoenix said:
Same engine, they're exactly the same

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I can honestly say, I have seen mods and patches that change more than this. This changes less than an expansion pack usaully would. To the guy who compared this to Fallout new Vegas and Assasin's creed brotherhood, those are expansion, that is what this should be but it doesn't even have enough new content or change to do that.

I knew they would keep it similar, after all the core gameplay is great and works. But damn, it looks like all they did was take MW2s next map pack, add a few new things that won't change anything to justify it and then call it a sequel. If you are going to charge people full price for a sequel then it needs to change things or have more new stuff than this at least.

On the bright side, i'll have "The darkness 2" and some mods for "Stalker Clear Sky" to fufill my FPS needs.

Jun 11, 2008
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Man Seananner is just a delightful person.

But it's just MW2.1
It's the same game with like little bits added on. I just.... ugh...
Vote with your wallets people!
I am wondering if that was intentional or a mistype. Is it is supposed to be the second iteration of MW2(MW2 2.0) or are you saying it just like a patch of MW2(as is)?

AkaDad said:
I came into the thread to point out that they are different. They have different stories and different settings. The premise of the thread is false.

Edit: If this was a thread about Madden NFL, then you would have a good argument that they're the same, because the setting is exactly the same, year to year.
Ok just to state what the problem is we don't care that there a new story or setting as we aren't really talking about that when equating the 2 games. What we are saying is that the games have quite similar gameplay and mechanics which they done since CoD 4 but have exacerbated certain elements to the point where some find it unplayable(overpowered weapons, imbalanced melee system, small cluster fuck maps even on 6v6, game braking kill streaks, over emphasis on camping in a corner, emphasis on self performance via KDR and not caring about the team). Although the brackets is what I find has become wrong with the series. From these videos it looks much the same.

OT: I will not be buying another CoD game after BO. I want to see if they will actually balance some stuff before I buy it and for this game I will never buy it as I kinda boycott(I understand I won't do much but it is the principle of it) games that do not have Dedicated servers on PC. I never played MW2(dedis and other reasons) and will not play this one.