MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

mrc390

Jan 31, 2011
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Man Seananner is just a delightful person.

But it's just MW2.1
It's the same game with like little bits added on. I just.... ugh...
Vote with your wallets people!
It's not MW2.1 It's MW1.15

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
mrc390 said:
Man Seananner is just a delightful person.

But it's just MW2.1
It's not MW2.1 It's MW1.15

I nearly fell of my chair laughing. XD

Feb 9, 2011
drosalion said:
Anyone actually expected mw3 to be any different from mw2?
I think it was just wishful thinking on most of us.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll give it a try. I can't hate/love it unless I actually try it. So, we'll see.

Turing

Dec 25, 2008
One Hit Noob said:
Turing said:
Does this surprise anyone at all?
I am surprised at how many trolls are in this thread.
No seriously. I mean the CoD franchise has gone through CoD 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Black Ops with not much in the way of change other than graphics updates and a new excuse to fill people with lead. Not saying thats a bad thing, I'm just saying it can't really come as a surprise that the next game in the line follows the same formula as the others

Black Watch

Aug 9, 2010
I really wanted this game to change for the better. I just really wanted it to be different, but it seems that it isn't the case. It almost breaks my heart to see how far the series has fallen.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
And so the mudslinging continues......

Seriously, for the amount of moaning that goes on on this site about people hating certain types of games/franchises, there still seems to be no end to it.

shroomie

Mar 31, 2009
I don't get what people want from a series like CoD. I admit I am one of the first to promote games as art and support innovation in games but the MW franchise follows an FPS formula that works, there's no need to try to change it so long as it's fun to play. All I want from the game is to finish the story set up by 1 and 2 and then I will focus on the multiplayer.

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
Wait a minute: you don't mean to say that the Call of Duty franchise has no creative merit and now exists only to make money?

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
Yes MW3 plays like MW2, but then again, BFBC1 played a shit ton like BFBC2, and B3 looks to play pretty much the same as a mix between MoH and BFBC2.

Surprise! When companies make games in near-identical settings and the same genre's in practically the same IP once every 2 years they tend to play the same. Not rocket science.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
"Looks, feels and plays like MW2"
So it's a £50 DLC pack :p

More seriously it will sell to people who like previous COD titles and people who want more or a different game won't be pleased. Personally I won't be bothering the franchise has become stagnant to me.

Some people are easy to please, look at the Transformers movies, so as long as they make money off COD games without improving them they won't stop making them this way.

zxamike

Jan 3, 2011
even if it is the same they polish it and take away over powerd stuff and stuff like CAMANDO (can not spell)then it should be a good game add in new good perks and awesome guns it should be good

Jul 5, 2009
Iron Mal said:
But it's just MW2.1
It looked new enough to me but perhaps I just haven't been blessed with the eagle vision of the Gods that you have (silly me).

If you're going to get technical about it then you could probably argue that all shooters haven't really changed much since the 90s, after all, almost all of them feature a gun and hands holding them in the middle of the screen and have mechanics centred around you going around and shootng people over and over again until you 'win'.

A large number of people enjoy the gameplay forumula offered by Call of Duty, odds are on that the devs are going to try and satisfy those people above all else (why should they shake things up and go out of their way to try and impress people who probably aren't going to be interested in it anyway and when there's no gurentee that any new innovations or changes they make will even be appreciated?).
Well then play MW2. Why should you have to fork out $60 for what is the essentially a map pack then?
What you are saying is that it's fine to just completely milk a series and never change because it may "scare" the fan base. That way we never innovate anything and it's just the same thing over and over again. I would be interested in MW3 if they were taking whole new things to the game, to try and push boundaries of FPS. The way I see it with that multiplayer video, which it wasn't it was just another cutscene.
Right now I'm only seeing this with BF3. If CoD could try and mix it up more with their games like with Blops (good ideas, poor execution) I'd certainly buy it.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Holy fuck it's exactly the same.
I see literally NO difference with it.
You can go on about how it's still fun and 'Oooh, but the story is different' but lets face it.
It's more or less the same fucking game.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
HA! i was on /v/ last night, someone linked the MW3 trailer from there official youtube, got blasted, they took it down an hour or so later.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
I'm getting both Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. I like them both, I feel no urge to pick a side like 90% of gamers do.

Feralbreed

May 20, 2009
I love the gameplay of the Call of duty games, but I have to admit that I saw more than a few items that were just recycled from previous games with little or no changes made. That wasn't really reassuring... but then again, I love the familiarity of it all, and so do millions of other people. That's the key why these games sell in the first place.

I'm quitting after MW3 anyway, these are great games, but the singleplayer story ends here and these games are beginning to smell too much like cheap rehashes even though Infinity is the better developer. I also think Jason and West just want to finish the trilogy and are still pissed at Activision and that jew Bobby Kotick.

theonecookie

Apr 14, 2009
Wow It's like people have pulled there heads from out of there arses and just found that sequels to games may be very similar to the game it was spawned from and do you know why because its a fucking sequel and a direct sequel at that. Morons

I don't know about you lot but i wold be a bit pissed if HL:ep3 suddenly turned out be a RTS set in post apocaliptic Finland or if BF3 suddenly became a anime style hack and slash or something stupid like that

Its COD its going to be and arcade style first person shooter list like just like red orchestra 2 is going to be a gritty realistic WWII shooter