MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

Jun 11, 2008
omega_peaches said:
So the lack of killstreaks, the addition of strike packages, new campaign, new gamemodes, etc. means that it's the same thing because you're a CoD hater?
Okay.
mattmoin117 said:
wow i cant belive it mw3 is the same as mw2 oh wait i knew that for 2 years already bf3 ftw
You knew that the next game would be like MW2 because MW2 wasn't like any CoD before except 4? Okay.
Also you should probably take some english lessons.

(On a side note, reserved the Hardened Edition at Gamestop, I only have to pay 20 bucks for this because I finally traded in all the doubles of other games I had.)
Strike packages is just the killstreak system revamped as it seems after seeing MW2 and BO with the complete over saturation of imbalanced ones they actually realised they fucked up badly in area and found out more doesn't always mean better. A new campaign is pretty standard.

Weapon Customization:
Last but not least, there?s going to be a new system for weapon customization. We don?t know much about this yet, but we?ll give a quick summary on what we?ve found out so far.
The new system will be called ?Weapon Proficiencies? which will work by unlocking new upgrades on your weapons as you use them. So, unlike the past Modern Warfare games where you would slowly unlock more attachments for all of your guns at the same time. Now, the more you use a certain gun, the more attachments you will have available for it ? thus encouraging players to stick to the same weapons.
Now I don't know how they did it in MW2 but this is exactly how weapon unlocks worked in previous games so hardly a new feature. The only game to deviate from this way of unlocks(ie more use = more unlocks) is BO which went with the CoD points as currency which is hardly a new feature.

Yes there are total of 2 new game types one of which(Team Defender) from the name sounds like it will be defending 1 key player which will probably lead to lots of griefing. While Kill Confirmed sounds like something that might be decent.

32 player is not new to CoD. It may be new to CoD on consoles and something sorely needed given how bad they have been with maps lately although this one goes more out to Treyarch. How on earth you make maps seem clustered with BO's limit is fucking beyond me.

They may have copped on and added Dedicated Servers but we have yet to see if they will fix problems that have been with the series for years and recently like the shitty spawn system, some serious power creep in weapons, imbalanced 40mil(more of a HC problem) and imbalanced melee system.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Blackfire001 said:
I disagree MW3 was done on a whole new engine and had twice the number of mechs and simulation then the first two MW. Not to mention it was before Micropros was bought out by Microsoft. Which was both a good and bad thing. Microsoft had money. But they utterly ruined Mechwarrior with the Xbox versions. Enough that smith and tinker are rebooting it.

Oh wait your talking about COD:Modern Warfare 1/2/3? Thats not MW.
No its not its the same engine actually, no way did they develop a new engine i such a short ammount of time

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
This is a simple Problem that woulde be resolved by simple Dungeons and Dragons tactics.

Don't split the party.

Over the last couple of years the Cod franchise has reeked of samey familiarity ever since MW1 came out.

Now since that time there have been 4 games, and 10 map packs.

That is the same kind of game, that you already own, with the same engine dividing the community of players 14 ways.

Unless of course you paid the grand total of 240 bucks pre tax for the games, and say the 10400 microsoft points for the map packs, another 151.25.

So instead of having one epic game on the engine and working for 4 years on a sequel, You get the same game every year (reskinned of course) and then sold a retail games worth of small maps(4 blops packs 20 maps for 70 bucks) that some people buy and others don't.

Utrechet

Oct 14, 2010
Related note to all of this:

Everyone gets upset that Madden releases a game every year and charges full price for what is basically just a minor graphics update with some players and player stats tweaked.

So why is it that nobody seems to mind playing the same Call of Duty game, full price, every year. If you like it, go ahead spend your money.

-Also note: Medal of Honor used the Support/Offense action before Homefront sirs and madams. If you reached 50 points in the game, you could call in a mortar strike or a UAV to help your team. Eventually it got to Predator Missile or Flak Vests. (Just to list a few that you may know off hand)

aescuder

Aug 24, 2010
Makes you think what the game developers have actually been doing this entire time.

Developer1: "Hey should we get working on some gameplay mechanics on that sequel at any point?"

Developer2: "HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! [snort]"

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Seananners, your charm can't make MW3 any better any more than polish can make shit shiny.

That just looks even more fucking stupid than ever. The guns used to sound weak, now they sound retarded. Flat out retarded.
And it... You know what, no, I can't even be fucked to list why it's the same as MW2, I just feel insulted at how similar it is.

Do excuse me gentlemen, I'm going to pre-order Battlefield 3 right now.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
just get red orchestra 2 it looks amazing and it actually improves on the first one

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I understand that the CoD series is apparently the best on the console market, but does anyone expect a game that is released every year will be different then the last one?
If I had a console and money wasn't an issue i would buy the games every year but I wouldn't expect anything different except a few new made up guns with aimpoints and another rediculous story that makes america the hero again.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
I love the fact that the reviewers seem to have no actual compliments toward the game other than "it's like mw2 with more colors"

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
AkaDad said:
Tsaba said:
AkaDad said:
I came into the thread to point out that they are different. They have different stories and different settings. The premise of the thread is false.

Edit: If this was a thread about Madden NFL, then you would have a good argument that they're the same, because the setting is exactly the same, year to year.
Your essentially making the argument for us.....
What? The settings in COD are DIFFERENT. In Madden NFL, the settings are the SAME.
So your pretty much saying WOOT new maps! Drop $60 and its worth it.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Allow me to spare everyone the trouble of writing this out over and over (you can just quote it):

"Look at me, I don't like a popular game! You shouldn't like it either! You LIKE IT?! You must just be one of the sheep jumping on the bandwagon - you just like it because it's popular even though it's bad because no one could like something that I don't like. Also, you're a bad gamer because if you were a good gamer, you'd agree with me."

Feel free to add in some pathetic attempts at sarcasm for the full effect.

More OT: I have no problem with this. I liked MW2 (not excessively and I didn't play it too much, but I definitely enjoyed what I did play). I'm absolutely okay with an expanded MW2 with the same basic system, a little balance tweaking, and new content. Also, unlike a lot of people, I really found the single-player for MW2 to be pretty compelling (it was perhaps a little short, but I was playing on the highest difficulty, so the amount of dying I was doing stretched it out a bit...). I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment of the single-player.

Volothos

Dec 31, 2008
One Hit Noob said:
mocruz1200 said:
One Hit Noob said:
mocruz1200 said:
One Hit Noob said:
mocruz1200 said:
One Hit Noob said:
mocruz1200 said:
One Hit Noob said:
mocruz1200 said:
in my head, this is how the creation of MW3 came about
employee 1: hey, we should probably patch MW2 and release some more maps for it
employee 2: no, WAIT! we can do that, but release it as a new game, and charge them full price again!
employee 1: GENIUS.
They used the same engine. Added new game modes. REWORKED spec ops. Continued what looked like an almost generic plot into an AMAZING one. Revamped perks. Made better maps. And than slapped in new guns. I think they did some good work.
the only good thing they have done is added OP chickens.
And where is your proof of this? Did you buy a physical copy of it? No, because you didn't even buy the game to be sure.
dont need to own it. im just going with CoD's record. slightly modify it, charge full price. like someone stated before, they may as well just start following the sport game title system, seeing as one gets released every year.
Every two years if you exclude Treyarch. Really, if you get rid of COD 3, WaW, and Black Ops, you would actually feel a change in that "record".

starting with CoD4 they have been pumping one out EVERY year
Exclude Treyarch's games. Now it's every TWO years since Call of Duty.
but why? they are still Call of Duty games. thats like saying to exclude Duke Nukem Forever because it was made by gearbox
I'm not excluding Treyarch's games. I'm just saying that you are basing your argument on both, IW and Treyarch's games even though they are made by two DIFFERENT developers.
You're missing the point though, theres still a cod game being released every year.

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
baddude1337 said:
Okay, I expected it to be not too different, this is Call of Duty after all. But seriously..this looks more like a mod or add-on than a full on sequel. I hope it doesn't sell as great as the last ones so they'll realize they can't just rehash the same game every year.
YOU don't know Madden

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Let's get a fund going; maybe we can get "kootra" laid. The chicken thing WAS pretty funny, though.