MW3 no different than MW2....(some MW3 gameplay)

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Aleol said:
crepesack said:
The map in the second video looks like a reskin of a cod2 map.
.... are you talking about Paris?
Wallender from cod 2

Brings me back memories. I played a 2 hour 4 v 4 game on that lol. Best 2 hours of my life.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Jesse Billingsley said:
So far the only games that are in my sights are Battlefield 3, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, and Ace Combat Assault Horizon. Modern Warfare 3 has yet to prove its worth because as of right now it looks like it should have been DLC for Modern Warfare 2. Even the Campaign demo shown at E3 was disappointing to me.

the spud said:
It will still sell ,like, 20 million copies. On launch.

People just don't like change, simple as that.
Especially if they are Halo or Call of Duty Fans.
Ah - the old sterotyping of fanbases, it has returned.

So b/c they're COD or Halo fans they're lesser then you? Because I like Halo, you're better then me?

It's sad that people act as if COD and Halo fan are some how lesser for liking them and that if you're looking forward to different games, you're somehow better then them.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Was MW2 any different from MW? I really dont care anymore. This was to be expected. I will just go with BF.

psychodynamica

Feb 24, 2010
AmrasCalmacil said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Radeonx said:
Well...it is using the same engine (I believe), so it being MW2 with different guns and different settings makes sense. Still looks fun to me.
Lol, not even different guns, I still see everyone using the UMP45.
OH NO! MODERN WEAPONRY IN A MODERN SETTING?

STOP THE PRESSES!

Still, is anyone really shocked by this? CoD's gameplay has been the same for ages, and it works, its fun.
Still, I'm not buying it new until the price has dropped. Especially not after Kotick's UK price hike.
I feel sorry for you COD fans, I really do. Atleast black-ops made an effort. I'm not saying it won't be fun, i'm just saying that you are all going to spend full price for what amounts to an unusually large mappack, with a new campaign and added killstreaks. Oh i forgot the MW1 perks they added back too my bad. ima just stick to BF3.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
psychodynamica said:
I feel sorry for you COD fans, I really do. Atleast black-ops made an effort. I'm not saying it won't be fun, i'm just saying that you are all going to spend full price for what amounts to an unusually large mappack, with a new campaign and added killstreaks. Oh i forgot the MW1 perks they added back too my bad. ima just stick to BF3.
I would gladly pay $60 for 15 new maps, new weapons, and a ton of balance improvements. Hell, I'd pay $60 if they would just remove Grenade Launchers and Commando from MW2 and repackage it.

... maybe I shouldn't say that in a public forum. Activision might be watching.

Dagda Mor

Jun 23, 2011
AkaDad said:
TheGoldenMan said:
AkaDad said:
So, different story and different setting means it's not different. I learn something new everyday.
The game is going to play, for the most part, the same.
You mean the part that makes the game fun?

I'm ok with that.

It doesn't bother you at all that you're paying to play a game you already own?

Dagda Mor

Jun 23, 2011
I don't really understand why it's a bad thing if it plays the same way as the previous iteration, as long as the story is different. Really, how many sequels actually change that much of the gameplay from the previous game? I can think of very few, and the ones that do make changes tend to make fairly minor changes.

I seem to be saying this a lot recently, but I'll say it again anyway; nobody is forcing anyone to buy this game. Don't like that the gameplay hasn't changed? Don't buy it. Don't like the story? Don't buy it? Don't like the developers? Don't buy it? I don't understand why people develop such strong feelings about games that they claim to not be interested in, if you aren't interested just don't look at anything related to the game, that way you don't have to develop some irrational anger towards it.
The thing is,most sequels actually do change much more than CoD does,and even when they don't change that much,it's still okay because their game isn't the seventieth installment in a game that most people just buy for the multiplayer.I never planned on buying it myself just because I don't like it,but people are trying to make their games just like CoD because it's making so much money,and original ideas are getting smothered in the flood of cash to these games.

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
Korten12 said:
Ah - the old sterotyping of fanbases, it has returned.

So b/c they're COD or Halo fans they're lesser then you? Because I like Halo, you're better then me?

It's sad that people act as if COD and Halo fan are some how lesser for liking them and that if you're looking forward to different games, you're somehow better then them.
Did I say "I am more 'superior' over myself" (I am a Halo fan too dude). Do I think I am more superior then my college buddies who also like Reach? No.

I dislike the people who would rather play a ported version of Halo 3's shitty multiplayer and story over something that takes both of those things, analyzes them, and then comes up with something completely different but twice as good. Go on the 343 forums, they hate Reach so much, they had to make a goddamn petition against Armor Abilities, A PETITION! Then look on the Bungie Forums, and you'll find tons of threads about how Reach blows a fat one and blame it on Bloom or Armor abilities. Those are the assholes I can't stand.

If you like Reach because its a good game, then good for you I like you.

psychodynamica

Feb 24, 2010
MetallicaRulez0 said:
psychodynamica said:
I would gladly pay $60 for 15 new maps, new weapons, and a ton of balance improvements. Hell, I'd pay $60 if they would just remove Grenade Launchers and Commando from MW2 and repackage it.

... maybe I shouldn't say that in a public forum. Activision might be watching.
To be honest you make a good point, but I think it's a little cheeky calling a whole new game. And I really, really, really worry about te balancing, mw2 was bad enough, i hope this is a little more polished. they must have had plenty of time to do this after all the 'work' they actually did.

Zeekar

Jun 1, 2009
You know, it's funny how we harp so hard on EA for being such a dick lately with all the BF3 vs MW3 mudslinging. Looking at comments, it seems like they are just sticking to their target demographic. The fans are acting the exact same way.

To me, it's better to compare Call of Duty to Combat Arms. Asides from the fact that it's a F2P PC shooter, it plays pretty similarly to CoD. In comparison to that, CoD is much much better.

Battlefield is nothing like either. It's not KDR centric -- in fact, going in with the intent to kill a bunch of folks is more likely to make your team lose than being tactical. I mean, you kill one or two people, but when you finally die, everyone just respawns right at the last man standing. Basically everything your Rambo-butt just did was pointless.

Unless you move as a group and coordinate your attacks, you're going to lose.

In more arcade style games like CoD and Combat Arms, it's more about shooting people in the face. I love that -- Therefore I love all of the above games.

Show the love, not the hate.

But yeah, it looks exactly the same as MW2 -- kinda disappointing.

jarkhideous

Mar 18, 2011
i don't give a flying shit. I'm getting it i don't care if or how they changed it all i want is to finish the fucking story.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
I've always said it: MW2+patch=MW3. I don't have to say anything more about it, because there isn't anything more to say about it. No big refreshments, no major inherent problems solved, but worst of all, no sense that it's new.

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
All of my friends and I agreed that Modern Warfare 2 was a great, fun and very addicting game (there's so much to do and work towards, we still play it regularly) with a lot of balance issues, we even agreed that we would be happy if we just got Modern Warfare 2 with all of the problems fixed. That being said, everything looks great, I agree with Hutch about the colors, but these are the problems I have:
1. The UMP-45 is still used a lot from what I've seen. I loved using that gun, but I can't stand it when I'm killed by it. It feels like you have god mode when you use the weapon.
2. I'm worried about how "quickscoping" is going to turn out. It seems like it's just as easy to do as in Modern Warfare 2, which is awful. Pretty much like having an aimbot.
3. Knifing seems exactly the same, just without commando, which is a very annoying problem. I really wish they went back to the knifing system from the original Modern Warfare, where there wasn't any lunge whatsoever, where you couldn't knife around corners, and where THE ENEMY ACTUALLY HAD TO BE ON THE SCREEN SO YOU COULD KILL THEM.
4. Deathstreaks are back? I could of sworn that it was officially announced that they were gone. Oh well, but that vest Hutch picked up looks way too powerful (he got shot around 5 times and took absolutely no damage).
Of course, I haven't played so I can't say for sure.

Oh, and yes I am disappointed there's nothing new, but what are you going to do, it's the 8th game in a series in 2011. How much has Final Fantasy changed over more than 10 games (besides the online ones)?

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Yosharian said:
Vykrel said:
i watched the full multiplayer trailer and actually had trouble sticking through the whole thing. i noticed that they only added a few new perks and just tweaked or renamed most of the other ones, or split them to make it look as though there were more perks. the killstreaks are also mostly the same, and the new ones are pretty uninteresting.

to be honest, the only thing i think is a really cool addition are the hybrid scopes. thats not enough for me to buy the game, so MW3 will probably be the only Call of Duty i dont buy, other than the first game. (to be fair, i regret buying CoD3)
Yes, I'm having second thoughts about buying it. Really, the only reason I'm considering it is because a few of my buddies will probably be playing it. But I'm reconsidering after seeing that footage.
playing with friends would be the only reason i would even consider buying it... but thats just not enough for me, especially considering the frustration that inevitably comes with every CoD game. you know there will be terrible glitches, and after a few months people will figure out how to dominate in the game. it wont be fun at all

RazielXT

Oct 19, 2009
for any cod fans:
it doesnt matter if it still looks fun, the important point is activision is charging for this mappack 60 dollars

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
the spud said:
It will still sell ,like, 20 million copies. On launch.

People just don't like change, simple as that.
Pretty much. Can you imagine what would happen if they dramatically changed the game to something new? The heads of IW's employees would be put up on pikes by rabid, hyperactive bros.

astrpuren00b

May 9, 2011
dude, people don't play CoD like they do for the Campaign. Honestly tell me if there was no multiplayer (or that it was just bad MP) that it would sell like it does. Different settings and different stories don't matter if the main reason the game sells is the same thing as the last thing they put out. It's the same thing with the 2KX sports games. DLC for the price of a full game. Me, I'll borrow this game from my friend who is a CoD junkie, play the 10-hour campaign just to see where the story went from MW2, and not even touch the multiplayer.