My daughter is named Tali'Zorah. I suppose I'm crazy : )

freedash22

Jun 7, 2013
I think Tali is a fine name. And if she becomes a gamer herself, she'll be very very happy and proud of her name. If she doesn't like it, she'll change it when she reaches the legal age. Personally, if my someone I knew had that name, I'd love it a lot.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I think the name itself is lovely and i don't think she will get any stick from it, she will likely shorten it to Tali herself even without any knowledge of the source of her name, it will be a natural contraction and i suspect that by the time she hits highschool it will not be the most unusal name out there.

One thing i would say however, is that you may well have caused your daugher a different kind of problem, the apostrophy in her name will make it all kinds of hell for her when trying to fill in many forms and registrations. My last name is hyphenated and that, despite not being that unusual, causes me all kinds of problems. I was once denied the ok to rent an appartment as a result of the referencing service not being able run a check on me because their software would only let them input letters in the surname field. It has also prevented me registering with some websites and services where you have to submit your full details and the registration won't accept hyphens in the surname.

I would personally have split the Tali and Zorah into first and middle names but only for that reason.

Anyway best of luck to you and your daughter.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Generalissimo said:
Queen Michael said:
Congrats on that adorable little cutie! And congrats on the name, too. It's a beautiful name, and that's all that matters. I'm glad you didn't let potential bullies in her future decide if she should get a unique name.
i don't mean to be a pessimist, but if she decides to google her name one day, don't be surprised i she's...maybe a little annoyed.

just sayin.
Could be she'll like it too. Not everybody'll see that as a bad thing. And my middle name is my dad's complete name; he abused me throughout my childhood and I hate him. I would have been delighted to get a video game name instead.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/343389/scitech/geeksandgaming/parents-name-their-baby-after-mass-effect-character

Wow. This is all rather exciting.

Sorry if someone has already posted this.