My entire life was changed by one song.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Pink Floyd. Ever since my friend died, a lot of their songs have really resonated with me.

I don't think I'll ever stop wishing he were here.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Linkin Park got me into the metal genre with "In the End" was like.. never heard anything this awesome before

All That Remains took the step a notch further, into MetalCore and then.. it just escalated into death metal, speed, power, thrash and so on... i discovered the metal world. :)

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
Far be it from me to doubt the possibility of a song being interpreted as what-have-you; from all the above posts, it is abundantly clear that the notion holds some water, at least in non-absolute terms.

Ah well, I'll stick to things with more...metaphysical value.

As for anything 'life-changing', I've managed to do well on my own part for that. I've always felt as though having one's life changed by some foreign entity, such as a song or a speaker or what-have-you, would make one inclined to feel as though he or she owed something to it. I prefer to be above such dependencies.

Jeez, I can only imagine what sort of a response I'll get for that. Let it be said that I put my little disclaimer up at the top of the post! I don't doubt these testimonies at all, on the record.

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this song is honestly one of the most influential songs on my way through high school. Got me through some tough days.

But on a more serious note:
<youtube=OIh3nO6-V_A>
Growing up in my town all we had to listen to was soft country since that was the only radio we had to listen to. But I listened to Metallica and it really expanded my taste into genres I didn't even know existed. Others as I grew up more were Linkin Park (the song numb and faint mostly) and, more embarassingly, Good Charlotte.
<youtube=t8cELTdtw6U>
This song is fairly recent but it really got me into actually paying attention to music in video games.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A combination of these two songs indirectly changed my life.

They are two songs that convinced my friend to finally sit down and watch My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. And in turn he was eventually able to convince me to watch it and now I have ponies around my computer. Didn't see that coming.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
What the hell is going on in here? I can't tell if you guys are being serious with some of the songs you post...

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
Yeah this one's pretty easy for me I think :p

I've never been able to get enough of goo goo dolls stuff.

it just makes my heart happy

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
I don't know if I'd say that this song has changed my life, but I always come back to it. It's the perfect expression of how I feel most of the time. Lonely, wondering why I'm so lonely, while acknowledging all the reasons I am the way I am. I feel trapped in my own little cycle of self-pity that stems entirely from me and my simultaneous desire to be left alone and to have some meaningful connection.

I guess it helped me realize that.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
I can't point to particular songs that straight-up changed my life, but there's one song that I found recently that's absolutely left me astounded:

Seriously, Asura's Wrath seems to have gone by more or less unnoticed by much of the gaming community, yet it has an amazing story and a phenomenal score.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Every song ever, because I'm boring and philosophical like that :p.
lacktheknack said:
That song! I remember that song. It was universally hated here xD. I swear a million of its views was from here >.>.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011

This song... it's so deep. It inspired me in many ways and made me into a better person. I now do charity and shit.

*crys* It's so deep!

White Lightning said:
What the hell is going on in here? I can't tell if you guys are being serious with some of the songs you post...
I second that.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Man, I'm glad you guys introduced me to BrokeNCYDE, Spermswamp, and Linken Park.

Probably the two songs that have enriched and enlightened me the most:

And of course some Pink Floyd

It's amazing how much a simple arrangement of notes and words can change you. Make you more than you thought possible.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Daft Punk- One More Time

It change my life as in finally have a music type to prefer among the other type. Before that there were a few music I liked but none to make me to pick that type as my favourite. To this day Dance music is still my favourite including Daft Punk.

Cedric Rolle III

Apr 22, 2012
lacktheknack said:
Sometimes, you just stumble onto something greater than yourself.

There I was, crawling through the streets of our grottos, being spat upon by the rich, poor, hobos, and polar bears of the Canadian Wastes alike, below any attention whatsoever from anyone or anything. I was a bottom feeder, scum, an untouchable, a Britney Spears impersonator, whatever you want to call it.

And I crawled into a church, I raised my hands up over the altar, and begged for God to give me a sign (and then I was clubbed by a horrified minister and cast into the gutter).

And then, as I lay in that gutter, my worthless tears mixing with the salty snow and giving me a terrible stinging in the eye, a teen walked by with a boombox. He was yelling things about God being a scam, something about sheeple, and other things like that, as well as lifting his boombox over his head and blaring a song at the church building.

The song changed my life.

I crawled right the hell out of that gutter, I kissed the extremely confused teen right on his beautiful face, and fled to the nearest library to listen to the song in its entirety. I managed to finish the whole thing before the police arrived.

And now, I am a productive member of society who designs programs that make computer scientists weep with joy, volunteer to help people such as my previous self, and pat children on the head as I rescue them from the polar bears that roam the Canadian Wastes. It's a wonderful life, it really is. And it was all started by this one song:

<youtube=N8F5YSA1Oz0>

So please, Escapists. Tell me of songs such as this one that changed your life.
Did this song change your life for the better? Seriously.

Aug 31, 2012
I can't find the actual "song" online and can't be bothered to upload it myself, so I'll just post something from the same album.

Afterwards I started doing lots of ecstasy instead of coke and heroin. My girlfriend didn't. I'm still alive.

Kiardras

Feb 16, 2011

I was a geeky 15 year old kid, working on my high school's website. Until then, I was an amoeba - I had no style, no personality, I just existed. One day in the computer lab, updating the website, I was called into the office by the IT man, who wanted to show me something. That something was a tribute to the greatest song in the world.

From them on my life changed. My bland, plain clothes went out the window, my hair got spiked, and something pure, something metal was awakened in my soul. Since that awakening I have been a dedicate to the religion of metal, devouring and praising bands with true talent with my very soul.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
This song for introducing me to what is now my favouritestesed band ever!

This song for introducing me to my second favourite band, and also to the pretty awesome Industrial culture that seems to be going on in Germany:

And this song because it is simply amazing: