My Ex-Girl Friend

GrindBass

Jun 7, 2009
Seeing as the new boyfriend feels it is necessary to 'shut [you] up', I'd guess you're being fairly vocal about this. Without too much of a leap, other people could be seeing YOU as the 'jealous asshole' (after all, he's got her, what does he need to be jealous about). I'd move on asap, or at the very least stop being vocal about it before that reputation sticks and impacts your chances of future relationships. 'Snapping' would definitely not help.

Shiny Rabbit

May 8, 2010
My last girlfriend left me for some other guy she met online randomly. She left him eventually and came crawling back to me, by which time I had found someone much better and never looked back. Said ex had also found another guy 3 days later, I broke all contact with her when I realised she's not worth the time or the bother I went through, also she said she wants to have sex on their first date.

My current girlfriend was in a bit of a love triangle when I first met her. She chose me because I actually made the effort to go and see her and made her feel loved. The other guy just made no effort to see her at all, her dad also said he would kick him in the face if he ever came over. I should also mention this guy this guy has some serious anger problems.

Stuff like this happens. You'll find someone who'll love you for real, with my forementioned current girlfriend, I don't think I can ask for anyone better.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
Josh Diaz said:
So my ex has dumped me for a jealous asshole who keeps threatening to "shut me up". So my question to you guys, Is it worth snapping and proving to her how bad of a move this was or is it best to be calm and let her learn how much a douche he is? If it helps i am a nice guy and im not just saying that plenty of people can back me up on this.
Introduce his face to your fist. Ignore the girl, you don't have to prove anything to her.

/thread

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Let her learn on her own and laugh at her when she realizes the mistake. Do some other stuff to rub salt in the wounds once the time comes.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Josh Diaz said:
yeah asshole i saw the typing mistake after i posted this im too damn lazy to go back and change
I find it funny that you'd be too lazy to edit an easily edited title, but will go out of your way to verbalise your displeasure to a complete strangers derailed post AND tell him you were too lazy to do the simpler task. Probably not as nice a guy as you think you are... just saying.

On topic, you have 3 options...

A): forget about her because she will probably do the same to you and move on.
B): tell her what you think of him, not as an excuse to get her back, but to point out her foolishness and then move on.
C): beat his ass because he sounds like he needs to be put in line, then move on.

Whatever choice you make, move on. Otherwise you'll just become bitter over it which could sour other relationships (your friends might not want to hear you on about her, you might carry grudges which can get you into trouble or cause you more misery etc... case by case really).

If she's suddenly illuminated to the error of her ways, don't be too hasty to take her back... chances are she didn't learn a thing.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
No need to snap, be clever about it. There is no feeling more satisfying than being left for some other guy, to then have her cuddled round you, crying about how she never appreciated how amazing you were. Just be friendly to her, and if this guy is a douche then it'll run it's course.

I don't care if it's cruel or perverse, it made me feel better.

Feb 7, 2009
Josh Diaz said:
So my ex has dumped me for a jealous asshole who keeps threatening to "shut me up". So my question to you guys, Is it worth snapping and proving to her how bad of a move this was or is it best to be calm and let her learn how much a douche he is? If it helps i am a nice guy and im not just saying that plenty of people can back me up on this.
That means nothing. I don't know if you're a nice guy. All I have is your word. Hell, for all I know, you could be the douche and he could be the nice guy.

(Don't make low content OPs, kids!)

(Also, this belongs in the advice forum.)

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
Josh Diaz said:
So my ex has dumped me
Yep, this is where it stops being your problem. She left you. You have no responsibility to convince her of anything. Focus on helping yourself and sorting your life out.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
It's not worth losing your cool over. She chose him, she can deal with it. As for the threatening thing, if he does it over the phone I'd suggest tapping it just in case he does decided to act. Get that ***** thrown in jail!

Other then that, just continue on with your life.

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
Start a fight and video it, then email it to me or post it on Youtube... /Jks

Let her go, give her the cold shoulder to make her think you dont care about it, she will come crawling back (Maybe)

Athinira

Jan 25, 2010
neonsword13-ops said:
Nah, let her find out what a bad decision she made.

If you are a nice guy, she'll come crawling back to you.
Not really. She will maybe find out what a bad decision she made in regards to her new boyfriend, but she won't come crawling back to him.

Why? Because attraction isn't a choice, and if she doesn't feel attraction for him any longer, then it's practically game over. She might be willing to reestablish a friendship with OP again, but their love-life is over.

Girls rarely feel attraction towards nice guys. They might have affection for them, but affection and attraction are two very different things.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Whenever someone describes them self as a nice guy, and the other guy as a complete psychopath who the girl chose over them, I tend not to believe that person's side of the story.