My Ex-Girlfriend is making me sick... physically, need help.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Let me set the scenario: When I was 13, I met my first girlfriend, and for a time, it was good. Five years later, having experienced many things (first kiss, similar family issues, even losing our virginites to one another), a situation came up and needless to say, we broke up.

It's been two long years, and now she's married, and I'm just adjusting to the idea of even thinking about girls again. Within those two years, I've spoke to her about six times. I can't get over her, even those she has gotten over me (At least that's what she says).

Of course, she was my first, and everytime I saw her in public, my stomach would ache, but if she spoke to me, even for a second, I'd melt like butter, even if it ended that I stew in my self hatred (I have self esteem issues). As far as it goes, I listen to love songs a lot more often and I'm a bitter bastard at everything, mostly.

Well, the last time my Ex spoke to me was a few months ago, and that was for about 15 minutes. Coming to recent times, she called my cell phone telling me that she was thinking of starting up college and wanted some help with classes.

Having not heard her voice for months, and slowly trying to get over her, my stomach feels like it did when I had an ulcer, I was shaking (like when you come down really sick), and I'm melancholy, to say the least.

Here is my issue: I'm a nice guy, if you insult me, I'd probably laugh, and if you maliciously attack me, I'll pretty much do nothing. When we broke up, I went on Myspace and told everybody that any plans to get married (in 2010) was called off, and that even though I was upset with her, I told everybody not to insult her; if they were my friends, they wouldn't. So far, they haven't (to my knowledge).

To my dilemma: What do I do? Everytime I think of her or talk to her, I get physically sick (I almost threw up this afternoon) and I become an A-hole, but I still love her and I don't want to be rude to her.

Can anyone suggest ideas for me on how to handle this, or maybe it might be a good time to vent about your ex, I just need some help, you are my family (I'd call you guys family, you all are more than just friends to me), can anyone help me?

May 6, 2009
Three billion women in the world player. A lot of men have one like yours. Write this one off. If you can't handle talking to her tell her so and why and don't talk to her any more. She doesn't need you or she wouldn't have left and you obviously don't need her because you're getting by without her.

Walk away.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Yeah, I'd say the best course of action would be to help as much as you feel comfortable with, but be honest with her. Hopefully, she'll respect that.

Also...

Lord Monocle Von Banworthy said:
Three billion women in the world player. A lot of men have one like yours. Write this one off. If you can't handle talking to her tell her so and why and don't talk to her any more. She doesn't need you or she wouldn't have left and you obviously don't need her because you're getting by without her.

Walk away.
I hope you know that I read that in the voice of the old spice guy, thanks to your avy. And it was Awesome.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I... sort of know how this feels. One of my (almost) SO's got married earlier this year. I handed it well, but it was still bothersome for a few days.

From how it sounds, you should try to take some time for yourself to try to sort out your own affairs. You said you have self-esteem issues? What for? That is something you will want to focus on. That might help you get your mind of this stuff. That is, unless those issues have to do with this break-up. :/

The general idea is that you should probably try to focus on some other factor in your life that needs to be taken care of. Or, at the very least, you should try to avoid her as much as possible. You don't have to be mean... but you can "be busy" or otherwise find ways to get away from uncomfortable situations.

You will make it. These moments are always rough, but... you can make the most of it. :)

Happy Sock Puppet

Aug 10, 2010
I agree with the Old Spice Guy. I had a similar situation, and let me tell you man...walk away, just cut clean and walk. She's married and only trouble could come of this. Ask a girl out, any single girl, even if it's a double date or just going out with guy and girl friends, spend some time with other females and you'd be surprised how quick you might get over her.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
Where's BonsaiK when you need him?

Anyway, break off contact with her. Tell her you don't want to see her again (in a nice way) don't talk to her, don't look at her. Move on.

Start drinking (No don't, seriously)

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
-Zen- said:
Have sex with another girl. I'm not joking.
This, maybe even two.
Just don't talk to your ex about it, I can't remember why you shouldn't though.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
There's always one that got away...Guys and serial killers have that.

If I were you, I'd cut communications at 100% and meet other girls. Don't find a girl that makes you remember her. Find someone different. That, and do not compare girls to her.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Yureina said:
I... sort of know how this feels. One of my (almost) SO's got married earlier this year. I handed it well, but it was still bothersome for a few days.

From how it sounds, you should try to take some time for yourself to try to sort out your own affairs. You said you have self-esteem issues? What for? That is something you will want to focus on. That might help you get your mind of this stuff. That is, unless those issues have to do with this break-up. :/

The general idea is that you should probably try to focus on some other factor in your life that needs to be taken care of. Or, at the very least, you should try to avoid her as much as possible. You don't have to be mean... but you can "be busy" or otherwise find ways to get away from uncomfortable situations.

You will make it. These moments are always rough, but... you can make the most of it. :)
Self Esteem issues come from family life, and I'm afraid I can't approach a therapist (this particular one I'm comfortable with) until she's done teaching my Psychology class.

-Zen- said:
Have sex with another girl. I'm not joking.
I wish I could, but I can't believe in the idea of mindless sex. It's not me.

Happy Sock Puppet said:
I agree with the Old Spice Guy. I had a similar situation, and let me tell you man...walk away, just cut clean and walk. She's married and only trouble could come of this. Ask a girl out, any single girl, even if it's a double date or just going out with guy and girl friends, spend some time with other females and you'd be surprised how quick you might get over her.
I hang out with my friends (when They are in town) and I tend to forget, but then I leave at it comes back, sometimes quicker than others, and the only girl I'm interested in is in Colorado at college. I don't know if she really likes me, but some hints in High School make me think that she liked me.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Apparently this is your first love. Get over it and find someone new. Or don't, but you should still get over it. You'll learn soon enough that managing a long-term relationship with someone you love and loves you back is much more difficult than breaking up with someone.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
shogunblade said:
Self Esteem issues come from family life, and I'm afraid I can't approach a therapist (this particular one I'm comfortable with) until she's done teaching my Psychology class.
You could talk to me over PM's if you want. That's something, right? :3

Winfrid

Oct 21, 2008
you're 20, you'll get over it

shogunblade said:
I can't get over her, even those she has gotten over me (At least that's what she says).
She's married, she's over you

Hiraeth

May 19, 2009
1. If she says she's over you, then you have to assume that she is, especially since she's married.
2. She's asking you for help because (I'm assuming) she probably doesn't realize how you feel about her. If she does know, then it does seem a little bit manipulative. Why can't her husband help her? Surely he's got access to the internet, and can go on college websites with her as easily as anyone else? For that matter, doesn't she have other friends she can talk to about college?
3. It's great that you're a nice guy, but at some point you have to start looking out for your own interests. If it genuinely hurts seeing this girl, then is it really a good idea for you to keep doing the nice guy thing?

What would I do if I was in your shoes? I'd cut whoever was upsetting me out of my life. It doesn't take away all the thoughts you might have about them, but man does it help when you know you never have to see or talk to them again. You could even just tell her how you feel, and that you don't want to be rude, but you think it will be better for you if you don't talk to her again. If she actually cares about you as a friend, then I imagine she'll let you go.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
Do you need someone to tell you that your relationship/obsession with her is harmful and damaging to you, and that you should just cut off all contact with her and try to get on with your own life?

If that's what you need, that is what I am saying, although it sounds like you should be able to get there on your own.

vento 231

Dec 31, 2009
You will never change the way she feels, and your single!!!!!!!!!!!! Go play the field, get as much as you can before you get put back on your leash.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
tell her that it's too hard... if you can go so long without talking to her, ask her politely to leave you alone.

Nerdygamer89

Dec 21, 2009
I can say from experience that there is only one option here: cut her out of your life completely. Don't talk to her, call her, text her, nothing. If she asks why, tell her why (the truth). If she weren't married I'd tell you to go with your gut as to whether you could get back together or not.

Since she is married, the best (and I use the word "best" relatively speaking) that could come of staying in contact with her, especially helping with homework and such one on one, is that you "get back together" on the side, so to speak, and you end up in a drama-filled mess. I don't care if you think you have better morals than to do such a thing, it only takes one moment for things to go down that particular road (experience speaking again). The worst that could happen, of course, is that you stay in contact and feel like shit while she's oblivious to it all.

I should also add as an aside that it is fairly inappropriate for her to ask an ex-boyfriend for help with college classes, which implies alone time (correct me if I'm wrong), being married. As a poster above said, what prevents her husband from helping her, or her female friends, or her other male friends she wasn't involved with for five years? Why you? Sounds like manipulation to me.