My games backlog is pretty bad. what about yours??

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
My backlog is long and worries me. Ive got Borderlands 2, Darksiders 2,Assassins creed 3, Godfather 2, Prototype, Mafia 2, Stalker COP, Split second, Blades of time, Resident evil ORC,Amnesia dark descent and Lone survivor on my pc backlog.
Then there is the ps2 backlog which consists of Silent hill 4, Mafia, Splinter cell chaos theory, Final fantasy X2, Final Fantasy XII, heroes of the pacific, Evil dead fistful of boomstick and Timesplitters future perfect .
I also have my gba backlog like Legend of zelda the minnish cap, Final fantasy 6 advance, Harvest moon, Castlevania aria of sorrow, Golden sun, Kingdom hearts and Mother 3 not to mention a bunch of android rpg games as well.
I also need to soon buy Tomb raider, Resident evil 6 and Boshock Infinite for the pc as these games i cant wait to get my hands on but i need to clear my backlog before i play those :(
Is your backlog just as bad as mine or worse ? and how do you plan to cope with your backlog ?

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Very very bad, must be hundreds of games... I haven't the nerve to count and I keep buying more. Sometimes I have this faint feeling that I enjoy buying games more than I do playing them.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Backlog as in games you want but intend to get around to or as in bought it but not played it yet? Both are pretty bad for me, the games I own but not played yet is getting out of control. I need to grab myself by the scruff of the neck and stop impulse buying games because they are cheap, Steam and Good old Game are terrible for this. If I actually played the games I own but not played I probably wouldn't need to buy anymore for the rest of this year at least.

As for games I intend to get around to thats not so bad and I may even actually play some of them, that list is always growing too. Just in the last month there are three, Gears of War: Judgment, Tomb Raider and God of War: Ascension. Playing Bioshock: Infinite at the moment so at least that will not be cluttering up my list.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Sack of Cheese said:
Very very bad, must be hundreds of games... I haven't the nerve to count and I keep buying more. Sometimes I have this faint feeling that I enjoy buying games more than I do playing them.
Same here. At the store or online I get "I MUST OWN YOU" feelings. Then, when I get home, "Eh, I'll get around to it...eventually."

64bitgamer

Oct 29, 2009
Never playing games isn't my problem. My issue is beating them. Out of the dozens of games I've bought on Steam sales, I'm actually surprised how many of them I've actually managed to play at least to the point where I didn't want to spend any more time on them. There's few of them I've regretted purchasing, but a quarter or a half of the way in, I'll just lose interest and move over to the next one. Major releases are just about the only things I ever beat, which is odd, because they're far more likely to have terrible endings.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I've got a few big games lined up that I still need to play, chief among them is Baldur's Gate II and Fallout II. I have started them, but haven't really had the desire to continue to them. Both games seem to pale compared to their originals (Baldur's Gate II a more glaring example). After them, I have Planescape: Torment and both IceWind Dale games. However, these will be pushed back when Witcher 3 is released, I will make way for that.

Not too many games here, but they are very long ones.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
Steam says I have about 1200 games that I have yet to play. So yeah. That.
Wow! I thought I was bad having 380 steam games, but you have the highest I've ever heard of.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Wow, and I thought I was bad with 5!

(Fallout 1 & 2, Witcher 1 & 2 and Morrowind!)

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Mine is huge, and I can't help but keep adding to it.

I have a bunch of PC games, but I've pretty much given up on them. I basically can't run any of them, so my entire PC library is on my "backlog", but I've stricken them off because they simply aren't possible.

On consoles I still have a huge amount.

360:
Bayonetta
Saints Row 3
Saints Row 2
Split/Second
El Shaddai
Import Tuner Challenge
Dragon's Dogma
Sleeping Dogs
Ridge Racer Unbounded
The Wticher 2
Two Worlds 2
NFS Hot Pursuit
NFS Shift 2
SSX
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
Infinite Undiscovery
Divinity 2 DKS
The Darkness 2 co-op
Project Sylpheed
Rock Band 2
MGS 2
MGS 3
Tales of Vesperia

Wii:
Link's Crossbow Training
No More Heroes 2
The Last Story
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

PS2:
GTA San Andreas
Kaido Racer 2 (aka Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2 or Kaido Battle 3)
Midnight Club 3
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Final Fantasy X
Ico
Jak and Daxter
Gran Turismo 4
Auto Modellista
Beyond Good and Evil
SRS: Street Racing Syndicate
Way of the Samurai

GC:
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda 2

xBox:
GTA 3
GTA Vice City

DS:
Okamiden
Pokemon SoulSilver
Pokemon Pearl
Final Fantasy III
Race Driver: GRID
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

PS1:
MGS 1

There's a bunch of iOS games too, but I don't really care about those. Then again, I don't care about not finishing a whole lot of that other stuff too, so whatever.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Kopikatsu said:
Steam says I have about 1200 games that I have yet to play. So yeah. That.
Wow...and I have more or less a tenth of that in my Steam library as a whole. Well...have fun.

OT: I currently have 124 games yet to play. And probably some more I haven't gotten yet. As for what I'd do, I'm hoping to cut down some of them after the university year ends. And then slowly work through it. Come back in about half a decade and I may have actually made an impact on it.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
Well compared to the other people in this thread, not bad at all. I've still yet to really play:
Final Fantasy V
Radiant Historia
Battlefield: Bad Company
Jak 2
Batman: Arkham City
Assassin's Creed III (though I don't even want to touch it anymore)
Ico (ditto here)
Morrowind (I have logged 11 hours, apparently, but that's nothing for an Elder Scrolls game)
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (not sure if this really counts. I've played it plenty but never finished it and I've barely touched the version I got with the R&C Collection last summer)
Professor Layton and the Last Specter

Then there are a bunch of smaller indie games like Lone Survivor, Super Meat Boy, Bastion, Braid, Limbo...all the indie hits from the past few years, almost. Psychonauts hasn't been touched either. Technically I have Metro 2033 and Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the former of which I really want to play, but my crappy laptop can't run them. My inability to play Amnesia is probably to my benefit, though; I get scared just from reading generic Creepypastas at night.

Everything is going to take a backseat to BioShock Infinite as soon as I pick it up today. And before that, buying Persona 3 FES had condemned the rest of my game collection to collecting dust. Oh well, someday I'll get through all the games that are worth playing.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Sack of Cheese said:
Same with me, I think at least half the games I have on steam have never been played even once.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
None.

I do this thing where I play the games I want to play. Hasn't failed me yet.

I don't quite understand this "backlog" nonsense. Play what you want to play. There's nothing forcing you to finish a game you start, and no law saying you can't come back to it later. And the notion that you absolutely must play something is silly.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
It's not as bad as I thought.
PS3

Assassin?s Creed III
Bayonetta
Bioshock
Far Cry 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Heavenly Sword (I'm at the final boss, but still...)
Ico
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Lego Harry Potter
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Overlord II
Prototype
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Star Ocean IV: Our Last Hope (International)
The Saboteur
Valkyria Chronicles

PS2

Black
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Final Fantasy X-2
God of War 2
GTA Vice City Stories
Ico
Okami (yes, for shame, I know)
Spartan Total Warrior

PC

Age of Empires III Asian Dynasties
Bastion
Battle for Middle Earth II
Battlestations Midway
Bioshock 2
Black & White
Borderlands
Civilization V
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Company of Heroes
Darksiders
Darksiders 2
Dawn of War II
Dawn of War II Chaos Rising
Dawn of War II Retribution
Deus Ex
Duke Nukem Forever (yeah, like I ever will)
Empire: Total War
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Hitman Blood Money
Homeworld 2
I-War (every time I look at the manual I get a little queesy)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Limbo
Mafia II
Mass Effect
Metro 2033
Napoleon: Total War
Neverwinter Nights ? Hordes of the Underdark
Neverwinter Nights ? Shadows of Undrentide
Osmos
Pariah
Red Faction
Red Faction 2
Red Faction Armageddon
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
Star Wars Empire at War
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
The Darkness II
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Longest Journey
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Titan Quest
Titan Quest Immortal Throne
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Underworld
Universe at War
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
World in Conflict Complete
XIII

Meh, too busy replaying Wings of Liberty to care.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Sack of Cheese said:
I feel you right now. My PS2 is currently on loan to a friend and since then I've bought somewhere around 15 games that I won't be able to play for a while.

And let's not even mention how much of my Steam library I haven't played yet...

My 360 backlog is happily nonexistent though!