my gf is a pothead

Moeez

May 28, 2009
I'm pretty sure you already have your mind made up if you're posting about this on a videogame messageboard. I doubt you're going to take advice from here, unless if you're that insecure of what could happen.

I'd never be ok with a girl on drugs, pot or tobacco. Not a very convenient lifestyle, and shit smells.

Danik93

Aug 11, 2009
staika said:
If I were you I'd break it off because only trouble comes from smoking weed and if shes caught with weed and your in the general area guess what its also your weed. so there aren't really any benefits to staying with her, so unless she's your one and only perfect match I'd break it off.
All Hail Inglip!!!!!!

OT: If you have been together this long stay together! Listen to your heart man!

probunk

Nov 12, 2009
Consider her, not the drug. Have you got a job? Congratulations, you've almost certainly worked with someone who smokes pot regularly. Most users of illegal drugs, especially soft ones like marijuana, are perfectly respectable citizens, generally working, attending school, studying, etc. without significant problems.

Does her habit get in the way of your relationship? Do you think it will? Can she take responsibility? Does she smoke responsibly? It's a matter of her habits and attitudes, not O LAWDZ DRUGZ R BAD

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
If you like her enough stay with her is not don't
If you want to join her do if not don't
If you don't like her being stoned ask her to stop or leave
If you are just scarirs if the illegal part, weed is not exactly the worce thing you can do, in fact some people dont even see why it is illegal, no one ever died of an overdoes and it is relitivly harmless in that respect just some athority figuars don't like it cause they cannot control it.

So ye your call

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Hate to say this, but get rid.

Dope as a one-off is a part of the lifestyle. If it's become the lifestyle, then she will be stealing from you, sleeping with others and other things to get her fix before long.

Sad but true.

If you really care for her, try to make her see what it's doing to her. Ask her to go for a week without, and you give up something (like gaming) for the same time.
You are joking right? This is cannabis, not heroin or crack cocaine we're on about, no body ever started stealing and selling their body to get a "fix of weed man!", well maybe a couple of nutters, but I think it's extremely unfair to say that of this girl, just because she's stoned alot of the time.

The OP even said he didn't have that much of an issue, and to be fair, breaking up with your girlfriend because she's a stoner is a bit of a crap reason to be honest, if you've lasted this long and it isn't causing problems then I don't see what the issue is. Well except the fact that shes blatantly selling her body on the streets to pay for her crippling pot addiction. *rolls eyes*

However, while I myself do spend a considerable amount of time stoned, people who think of it as a lifestyle are just a bit...misguided if you know what I mean, however if it's not being detrimental to her life, let her get on with it, if the fact that she's high all the time is causing her life to fall to bits, then yes talk to her, but other than that, if she enjoys it and keeps her life in order, leave the girl to it.

Also what the hell is it with everyone here? Everyone seems to act as if weed is as bad as fucking heroin.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Let her do whatever she wants, either in a relationship with you or on her own.
You don't have the right to change her in any way, as little as she should try to change you.

Feb 13, 2008
elvor0 said:
You are joking right? This is cannabis, not heroin or crack cocaine we're on about, no body ever started stealing and selling their body to get a "fix of weed man!", well maybe a couple of nutters, but I think it's extremely unfair to say that of this girl, just because she's stoned alot of the time.
Read the whole comment and the numerous replies I've made please. I've no wish to repeat myself every 5 posters.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
You need to remember that you can't exactly force her to do anything. So the question comes down to whether or not it's an unbearable issue to you or not.

Kenami

Nov 3, 2010
Amondren said:
I had the same thing happen to be some time ago in addition to other problems she had (which i will not name out of respect to her privacy) but we ended breaking up and I was better off and found a girl who I have more in common with and I'm happier then I was before.

Point being, talk to her try to work it out and if things get hard break off before you become more attached because it becomes harder and harder the more attached you are.
Couldn't agree more. I went through the same thing just now. One thing I have to say to watch out for (I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this) but people with rely on things for enjoyment such as pot tend to lie about things (I am speaking form numerous experiences and not stating this as a fact) so I'd say be open minded to that.

A very important thing is to also remember despite her being a pot head it has nothing to do with you. You have your life, she has her own, she has just as much a right not wanting to date a non-pot smoker the same way you might feel weird about dating a pot smoker so overall mate just talk to her about it. I'd recommend saying: Look this is what you do, I don't like it but I can't make you do/not do anything with your life so simply keep your drug related stuff away from me and we can be cool. If she can't keep her pot life separate from your relationship than trust me mate it simply wasn't meant to be I'm afraid.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
elvor0 said:
Read the whole comment and the numerous replies I've made please. I've no wish to repeat myself every 5 posters.
Already did, still doesn't mean that the OPs girlfriend is going to do it just because someone you knew did it and it's very unfair to label people as such given it is only pot and not smack.

I guarantee you s/he would've already stolen or cheated anyway or s/he was already a bit messed up in the head, heck my entire family are stoners and we all live comfortable lives, are reasonably successful and we all abhor the notion of stealing or cheating, as I'm pretty sure most people do, smoking pot didn't cause your friend to become a cheating thief, the notion was most likely there in the first place. Like someone else said, you don't get "pot whores", the notion is laughable at best and completely stupid at worst, an anomaly doesn't cause the entirety of people who smoke weed to become cheating thieves.

Besides, weed is hardly an expensive habit, there is no way in hell you would even need to steal or anything to afford it unless you're a complete waster or a massive ****. Which [/i] do tend to go hand in hand with the odd exception.

Feb 13, 2008
elvor0 said:
Besides, weed is hardly an expensive habit, there is no way in hell you would even need to steal or anything to afford it unless you're a complete waster or a massive ****. Which [/i] do tend to go hand in hand with the odd exception.

Yep. Member of my family. Like I said. "Pot Whores" do exist. I know a couple, unfortunately.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
bob1052 said:
People who still live the "420 culture" beyond highschool really need to grow up. Don't waste your time.
And what exactly does it mean to grow up, pray tell? Become just another brick in the wall?

OT: Depends on the girl. If she's all that, you have to decide OP. Either you try to get into her lifestyle, or you try to get her into yours. Nothing good will come of her leading that lifestyle and your life being threatened (not literally) by it.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'd simply suggest that if she can accept your need to stay seperate from her 'pot' circles of friends, you should be able to accept that she has those people and that 'vice', if it's not caused a problem so far, then carry on, tho I sense marriage, children and old age probably isn't on the cards.

However, drinkers and non drinkers, smokers and non smokers, meat eaters and vegetarians all manage to get on with each other and have fulfilling love lives, so why not you and her?

I don't find football interesting, if the woman I loved did, I'd just make sure I had other stuff to do when the big matches were on, and make sure she had someone I trusted going with her if she was going to a live event (because there's a lot of idiots at them), hell I'd go if I had to, but I realise that's not an option in your scenario.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
elvor0 said:

Yep. Member of my family. Like I said. "Pot Whores" do exist. I know a couple, unfortunately.

Fair enough >< just seems a little bizarre to me.

Feb 13, 2008
elvor0 said:
Fair enough >< just seems a little bizarre to me.
True enough. I didn't believe in them earlier due to cannabis having no real chemical addiction. It does have a social addiction though, and those people who use it all the time are flagging some underlying problem. Even George Carlin (Rest his soul) said that "pot-heads" don't really do anything. You can use it, but make sure it doesn't use you.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
This could go bad at anytime

ala traffic stop (ahh MrBrokenTailLight we meet again said Officer Hardass..)