Mythopoeia: RP of gods and nations (game thread, closed)

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Emperor Aurelius Daigoro, Aquilonia, Isle of Balaena

Dawn was breaking as the quietly puffing steam boat that carried Daigoro, Badger and Lar-Kai arrived in Aquilonia. The small Emperor rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he looked out over the railings at the bustling port city, with Aurorans of all races working on the docks even in the early hours of the day.

"That's the place?" Lar-Kai asked, pointing to a large ornate building in the distance, with a curved red roof and a stone wall encircling it in full. Guards were posted at regular intervals around the wall.

"Yeah," Daigoro replied happily, "That's where my cousin Theodoric lives,"

"How are we going to get in to him though?" Badger mused as he walked up behind the pair, "We'll hardly get an audience in this state, our disguises may have worked too well," he added, glancing down at their ragged clothing and poor belongings.

"I think I may have an idea..." Lar-Kai said with a mischievous smile, beckoning the other two to come close.

~​

A couple of hours later, a trio of dark shadows appeared by the wall surrounding the Lord Protector's residence, flitting up the plants that grew along it, one cursing loudly.

"Shhhh!" Lar-Kai hissed as Badger landed noisily next to her and Daigoro on the top of the wall, thanking the Father that no guards were patrolling along the strip at that point.

"I'm sorry I'm not as small as you two!" the bodyguard growled in reply. They scrambled down the other side and started sneaking along behind the bushes, keeping an eye out for any entrances into the great house in front of them. The garden was well-kept, with a trimmed lawn and rings of flowers and small ponds in the traditional Auroran fashion, unfortunately this meant were few hiding places.

"There he is!" the young Emperor gasped, pointing to a blond young man sitting at a bench besides the houses. The trio started to make their way towards the prince but before they could, they heard an loud buzzing overhead. They looked up to see a quadruplet of guards descending upon them from above, riding giant insects with great wingspans who bared their fangs at the interlopers. Daigoro dived between Badger's legs as the bodyguard and Lar-Kai drew their blades, ready to defend themselves if necessary.

"Put your swords down!" one of the guards shouted. The Prince Theodoric looked up from the book he was reading, noticing the commotion for the first time.

"Help, it's me, Daigoro!" the Emperor shouted desperately to him. The prince stood up and walked towards the stand-off with an expression of amazement on his face.

"Back off, I know these people!" he ordered the guards, who withdrew reluctantly onto their giant bugs. "How?" Theodoric murmured as he stepped forward to give the Emperor a warm embrace, "They said you were killed in Nova Verde, cousin?"

"We escaped just before the city fell, on dragon," Badger added as he and Lar-Kai walked up to the prince.

"And who are you?" Theodoric squinted at the bodyguard.

"His guardian and personal guard," Badger replied gruffly, before gesturing to the female halfling with them, "And this is Lar-Kai, our companion,"

"This... this changes everything," the young man said slowly, "After all, the first rights of succession..."

"They made me Emperor weeks ago!" Daigoro added excitedly, "Right on the night after... grandpa... Lord Aldren was there and everything,"

"Have you heard about Julius?" Theodoric asked them with a raised eyebrow. The group shook their heads slowly. "My father in Mereton declared him Emperor a week ago, in front of a large audience,"

"I thought I saw him die in Nova Verde," Badger muttered darkly.

"They say he was saved by the touch of a palace guard, a miracle from the Father they are calling it," the prince replied, "I will have to send a message to Mereton at once, telling them that you are alive Daigoro. I can still call you that right, eh, your Majesty?" the boy nodded quickly. "Good, come, there is much to do,"

The trio followed Theodoric into his palace, despite it's simple exterior the inside was decorated with a colourful mish-mash of styles, combining traditional Auroran architecture with Meretonian sensibilities, and even the odd Ray-Das inspired design. The Emperor was particularly fascinated by the rows of animal heads on the walls, ranging from large cats to that of a giant lizard.

"Who are those?" Daigoro pointed towards a group of loosely dressed women, and a few men among them too, standing by the side of the court as they passed through, talking amongst themselves.

"Those are my concubines," the prince replied proudly.

"Ah," the Emperor nodded knowingly, before siding back towards Badger, "What are concubines?" he whispered conspiratorially.

"I'll tell you later," Badger growled in response.

"Here are your rooms," Theodoric interjected, gesturing at one for Daigoro and his guardian, and the other for Lar-Kai, "I assure you that you will be perfectly safe within these walls.," The Emperor's brow crinkled at hearing this and stayed that way as he and Badger entered their chambers, admiring the luxurious quilts and silk carpets with almost disbelief after close to a month on the road.

"It wasn't true... what he said about this place being safe," the young Emperor said quietly, sitting down on his bed.

"What makes you say that?" Badger asked with a concerned glance as he unpacked his few belongings.

"The sense Jashiki gave me, it told me that it was false, I just feel it somehow,"

"Just a feeling," Badger chuckled, rustling Daigoro's hair, "And we're to trust the feeling of a boy who can't use a knife and fork? It's perfectly safe here, better than on the open road anyway. Trust me, it'll be fine, silly kid," the Emperor looked up at him with a reassured smile, but privately returned to his worried thoughts as the bodyguard turned away again.

~

Valin Molton, Nova Verde, Isle of Maia

Meanwhile in Nova Verde, the prophet Valin Molton felt lucky. He had kept to the capital for the last few months, preaching the word of Jashiki as instructed, waiting for an opportunity to leave in pursuit of his target. Before he had had the chance however, the Supreme Leader of the Republic Wen Sung himself had reportedly arrived in Nova Verde and he guessed that the little girl he was after wouldn't be far behind. Sure enough reports had placed her in the palace alongside the captured royals there and also occasionally on the streets at quiet times. Finally he had spotted her in the flesh, skipping along outside his lodgings as afternoon drew into evening. It seemed almost too good to be true.

Opal turned a corner and Valin drew close against the wall, not wanting to give himself away too early. He saw her enter what appeared to be an empty alleyway and smiled to himself, the perfect place to ensnare his quarry. He crept around and walked briskly towards the alley, his knife clutched in his hand.

"Three, two, one..." he muttered to himself but he never reached zero, as the moment he turned into the alley a group of figures descended upon him from all sides, the last thing he saw before several shields crashed into his head at once and unconsciousness took him.

~​

Valin awoke with a groan, finding his hands tied to metal bars above his head. The ouroboros who had knocked him out stood around threateningly, their swords and shields pointed towards his face. They parted and Opal emerged from the gloom, a satisfied smile on her face.

"You feel into my trap!" she said excitedly, bouncing up to him with a short knife in her hands, pressing it against his throat.

"How?" Valin sputtered in disbelief.

"You aren't the only one with spies in this city," Opal grinned malevolently, "Now tell me, where is the Zayin?"

"I... her base is in a mansion to the north of this island, I can show you the directions!" the prophet replied desperately.

"Nice try," the small vampire spat, spinning her knife just in front of Valin's face, "We went there a month ago, she had already moved. Where is her new base?"

"I don't know, I don't know!" Valin wailed, struggling futilely against his bonds. Opal stepped a foot closer, her blade slicing off a few hairs from the left side of the prophet's head. "Okay, she's gone to Toro, in another big house!" he added quickly, "It's just outside the village of Mara!"

"Very well," Opal sliced through the ropes holding Valin in one quick motion and then across his right cheek as he feel to the floor in a heap.

"Are you... going to let me live?" the prophet asked shakily, clutching his bleeding cheek. Opal stared at him intensely, as if sizing him up.

"You've done enough bad for me to take your life," the small girl replied coldly, "I feel as if Jashiki wants me to let you live however, so for now you will,"

"Thank you, you are most merciful," Valin mumbled in relief. Opal walked up to him, holding his chin in her small hand and looking him straight in the eye.

"But, if you have been lying to us, we'll find you again and you'd wish you've have died here and now. Understand?" Valin squeaked in reply and then bolted out between the ouruboros as they partedfor him. He ran and ran until he was many streets away from the group, stopping only then to catch his breath and curse.

"Damn, Mother Zayin, what have I done?!" he chided himself angrily, causing passerbys to glance at him with concerned expressions.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Winter turned into spring, and nation's coffers found themselves replenished, as did the powers of the gods once again.

Nations

Aurora

Commonwealth of Aurora:

Sensing that the power of the People's Republic would only grow, the Confederation in the north reinforced their capital Aquilonia to become a citadel. At the same time, their soldiers were trained how to ride the newly discovered 'adorabeetles'.

People's Republic of Aurora:

In the final month of the year, the Republic focused their efforts on expanding Sungarde to the south with three new colonies, so their fledging nation would have maritime access to the southern seas.

Collective

The Collective's research into psychology and inquisitors passed without a hitch, as did two secret actions. Regrettably however their efforts to upgrade the Cult Quarter to a Citadel failed after not enough materials could be shipped to the area in time. Their flying city of Gokvahar continued to moved towards Ajivha.

Krakari Republic

Even on the apparent edge of schism, the Krakari Republic started a batch of new research, researching advanced metallurgy, privateers and constabularies, as well as upgrading part of Rostrum to become a citadel. Regrettably, oil production research failed to find any commercial viable wells at this stage.

Gods

Gangari and Jashiki

A new home for the dead, the Aetherial Sea, was successfully created by the combined efforts of Gangari and Jashiki.

Kharolean

The old god Drya's temple in the coastal city of Casterbridge in Mereton was recrafted into a new building proclaiming the worship of Kharolean, and Meretonians from all across the country came to the coastal town to see the wonder for themselves.

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Khalorean in Casterbridge, Mereton (21 AP)

Seeing the wars around the world, those active and those soon to erupt, Khalorean thought it might be a good idea to bring forth a means of bringing about peace. If people could see and understand one another better, then maybe the mortals would calm down a bit, and the god's power could be used to better manage Justice. But a world at war has many gray areas, and clear Justice was not something that could be easily seen, nor the consequences of the nostalgia of a single path.

With that in mind, and a temple under his might, he concentrated on a way to cause and spread recognition of the reality of the truth of others. Metagenics. No, that wasn't the right way to look at it. But looking at his insect races he had brought into existence and under his ideals, a way for them to interbreed might make the other mortals more accepting of them. This way mortals themselves could bring about combined forms; clearly allowing nonsentient insects to have a sentient voice, if a parent was sentient and one was not. Who is to say if the treatment of a certain type of animal is injurious or not, if the creature in question is incapable of voicing its own opinion? Clearly, the beast would have to be capable of acquiring a sentient voice of its own. If mortals decided to combine themselves with non-insect races, then that was their own choice. The Lord of the Swarm was more interested in the high concept than the details.

But such a thing should be made easy to recognize when it happened, so it was not abused. There were enough visitor areas beneath the Khaloric Temple, so that would be a good and recognizable place. People of all walks of life from around at least Aurora had already been arriving; it was perfect timing.

Difficulty: 15 Cost: 6AP (21 - 6 = 15 AP)
-Create a new rule, or disable one of the existing rules of the universe in a small area (eg gravity, existence of magic etc)

Universal Rule Deactivation: "Peace Main". Child-bearing no longer restricted to same-species pairings. Children can now be conceived even if parents are of different species. Children are also capable of the production of viable offspring; though this rule is restricted to my temple only. These multispecies children are mules (incapable of breeding) unless the mating itself takes place on temple grounds. Pregnancy can be carried anywhere; but the insemination must be at the temple. Children have traits of both parents. Strange things happen when only one of the parents is sentient. I'm planning on this concentrating on fertilization of insect eggs by other insect species; but I'm leaving it open to anyone. "Pleased to meet you, your Ma-a-a-ajesty" says Goat Boy.

Since I've been asked a few questions on this, I'll answer:

There are three ways mixed races can be made.
1. Some species lay eggs, then wait for the eggs to be fertilized. If a female frog lays its eggs, and another species fertilizes it, it counts.

2. If two different species are capable of physical copulation, it counts.

3. If you know the original story of how Basilisks and Cockatrices came about, that counts. How? A chicken providing warmth to hatch a snake egg makes a basilisk, and a snake coiling around a chicken egg makes a cockatrice. So an unfertilized egg can be hatched by another species, which combines the two. I'm basing most of this holy ability on this one!

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧

Theodoric had arranged a meeting for Daigoro with some of the most important men of the north, after a month in hiding he felt somewhat conspicuous in fancy red and gold robes with all eyes in the room fixed on him, but he supposed he would have to get used to it.

"Hail to the Emperor!" they cried in unison as Theodoric helped Daigoro clamber onto a specially prepared throne, where he sat facing them.

"Arise," the young Emperor replied, having been instructed by Badger on proper protocol earlier that morning.

"Your Imperial Majesty," one of the men simpered, "You may be young, but I can tell that you are truly wise beyond your years,"

"Really?" Daigoro exclaimed, the aurora around the man said he thought otherwise, "Are you sure you aren't just saying that?"

"Uh?" the lord stumbled, caught out by the Emperor's retort. Another quickly stepped forward, bowing humbly.

"I am sorry for my colleague's lack of subtly your Majesty, what we would like to ask is your permission in this desperate time to reform the government of this region and the Costa Nord,"

"Go on..." Daigoro nodded, privately hoping this wouldn't go on too long. He stared at a pair of colourful songbirds sitting in a nearby cage whilst the men continued to talk.

"The Costa Nord has no single government, following the fall of the Imperial Parliament in Nova Verde. What we ask today as lords of that land is for it to be merged with the Balaenic Archipelago up here, under the Lord Protector, as a new Confederation of the North."

"Do you have the assent of the major land-holders?" Prince Theodoric interjected from his place besides the throne. The man nodded.

"The great majority, yes. They are aware that provincial government must be reformed in... eh, light of recent events,"

"Indeed, I agree," Theodoric nodded, turning to Daigoro, "What do you think of, your Majesty?"

"Yes, it sounds like a good idea," the young Emperor nodded after a moment after being brought back to Earth, "If everyone agrees,"

"Perfect," the prince smiled as he offered a document for Daigoro to sign. The boy scrawled his name childishly across the bottom of the statement. "As we speak, news of your ascension is being sent out to every province of Aurora and nation," Theodoric added with a grin, rustling the Emperor's hair, "Soon everyone will know your name, little cousin,"

~

Emperor Julius II, Stowhurst, Kingdom of Mereton

The drider Nystro bowed respectfully as he entered into the private audience of Julius, along with the King of Mereton, inside the meeting chamber of the central castle in Stowhurst. The room was comparatively bare compared to most Auroran royal dwellings, owing to it's historical nature, a thick woven carpet and wall tapestries being the only respite from hard grey stone.

"Where do you hail from?" Cyneheard asked with a dismissive air.

"Casterbridge, sire," Nystro replied quickly, "They call me Nystro, I was sent by the Khaloric temple in the centre of the city,"

"Are the rumours of a divine transformation true?" Julius inquired.

"Every word," the drider nodded, "Kharolean has come to bring a special blessing to these lands, and to the temple in particular. All we request is allowances to worship as instructed and royal protections where appropriate."

"Is it right for the state to favour one god over another?" the claimed Emperor asked slowly. Cyneheard coughed and shook his head.

"Certainly, when a god beckons it is only right for us to heed that call. Your temple will have it's special protections, Nystro,"

The drider bowed again before the pair and hurriedly left the chamber before any minds could be changed. Julius slowly turned to Cyneheard, his pale blue eyes angry.

"What the purpose of me being Emperor if I cannot make my own decisions?"

"You know the deal," the King replied coldly, glaring back at Julius, "I'll keep you here and ensure your wife and daughter held by the People's Republic are safe, in return you will do as I say. Unless you want me to turn you back to the Octavians?" The royal said nothing in reply, Cyneheard reached into his cloak and drew out the letter Theodoric had sent from the North a week ago.

"You saw this, about the so-called 'Raindrop Emperor'?" he asked. Julius nodded silently. "The little pretender may have fooled my son but he won't do the same to me, the Commonwealth cannot be allowed to split at this crucial moment. He must be eliminated at once,"

"But, they say he's just a child," Julius exclaimed, "Surely you don't mean... what if he really is young Daigoro? They never found a body you know,"

"Nonsense, and a mere infant made it by himself to Balaena in less than a month?" Cyneheard spat, "We need a man to lead us now, not a boy."

"I won't go along with this!" Julius replied angrily, "This isn't right,"

"And what will Corona and young Tettia think of that?" the King sneered, "You will stay here and do nothing while my men carry out their task. Understood?"

"Y... yes," Julius growled, clutching the handle of his throne until his knuckles were white. Cyneheard stood up and left the room without saying another word, leaving the pretended Emperor alone in the dark.

Commonwealth of Aurora:

(Major) - Upgrade Stowhurst to citadel
(Major) - Research industrial agriculture (+Food)

(Minor) - Letters are sent to every remaining free Commonwealth province, along with the Krakari Republic, Grat Shee and Collective, announcing the ascension to the Imperial Throne of Aurelius Daigoro

booksv3

Apr 29, 2015
Grat Shee, top of mountain, constructors.

The amount of time and energy it had taken for the materials to be brought up to this point was staggering. But it had finally happened, the time to make their best work was here. No more axes or spears or guns, this was a masterpiece and he was going to make it happen. Horio was the best creater of his time and even he found this a hard task, but he would do it. He had to, the Chief of chiefs had asked him to personally, and he was not given to failing. As he looks over the Luug and Grat who were bringing their materials up the mountain to set up slowly.

As they do all over on both sides of the mountains teams of people work to sight and work on the wooden slats they have to do this new thing of geometry. Soon they had an idea of where everything was around them for a long way and even how to hit things not on the ground.

Implement Railguns[implement using;hyperconducticity, capasiters, steam powered engines, coke powered engines, firing platform, superbatterys, railgun]

Implement High quality maps

Research high powered scope

Research wide telescope

settle south of burning sands.

Jaashiki, 18AP

Jashiki smiles to himself as he looks over the working inside the gate he had made. The creation of this realm by him and Gangari had taken a lot out of him but not long ago he had felt his strength return in full and now he knows he needs someone to watch over this place for him, someone he can trust.

Returning to the castle he had made and into the room with the pulsing orb as well as the slabs Jashiki raises his hands over them and says in a deep voice.
"Time to wake and take up your dutys."

Difficulty: 9 Cost: 3AP

-Raise a small number of dead mortals (less than 50)

Raise the 50 children and young adults in the room back to life, giving them a instinct knowledge about the workings of death and the roads.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Aeross, Rostrum

The new army arrived as he predicted on an overcast day. They arrived with new directives and orders not from the national agenda of the President but from private companies inside the Krakari Republic. The purchase was funded by the government so they had some control over them yet it was unnerving knowing that the new soldiers didn't exactly answer to what the nation wanted. These soldiers also would hopefully help them deal with the Crimson wings. The crowd was also somewhat silent with stern expressions on their faces. Living in fear of the next attack was stressful but more guns didn't make their situation any more easier. Aeross stood on the balcony of the Governor's hall and watched the troops march in. The actual soldiers in the national Krakari army looked at their privateer comrades and regarded with ill repute. These Krakari would no second thought in dispensing justice which was something Aeross knew would be a problem if a situation were to develop.

"A new army for a new enemy." The captain of the new unit boasted. The Krakari captain was sent ahead of them to announce their arrival and to tell them of the what was happening in the Capitol. The elections were in full swing now that the Governor elections were over. Rostrum's governor would stay another team but the captain made an effort to convince all of them that Valerys should stay another term. Kharon just nodded politely as he watched the new soldiers march in. He also had a solemn look on his face. The assassin was rotting away in the jail but hadn't said a word even when they mentioned that he would be there for good. Kharon knew the firing squad would be too lenient.

"A new threat for an old nation." Kharon said enigmatically. The captain might not have got it but Aeross did. Several days ago, Kharon and Aeross penned several letters to the Aurorans loyal to the Commonwealth. It wasn't just him either but several other members of the senate in the Capitol along with Yoshera. Aeross received a letter from the old but relentless Krakari, telling him of the plan of the cabinet. The war in the east was something the Krakari Republic could benefit immensely from if they played their cards right.

Then in the distance, Aeross and Kharon saw something lurch down the street. They had both seen the new automobiles but this was something more bulky. It was covered in metal with guns poking out of from its armor. It chugged down the street ominously, puffing carbon smoke as it did so. To Aeross, it was like seeing a large tortoise except it was bristling with weapons. He felt bad for the crew inside seeing as it was armored from bottom to top. The captain beamed with pride as he stepped up.

"A new weapon for a new age. Its a prototype of course but its known that field experiments are more useful than lab experiments." The captain. Aeross felt nothing but a looming sense of dread coming ahead of them. It was one thing dealing with separatists but trigger happy mercenaries was not what they needed. He was about to leave to write Yoshera to ask what the plan was before Kharon noticed Aeross' concern.

"It'll do just fine." Kharon said to the captain. "It's all according to the plan."

(Major)Implement Privateers-Allows the selling of Krakari armies to nations. All bonuses that the Krakari Republic have in their armies can be applied to another nation's as a bonus. Sale of armies is negotiable and depends on the nation. Diplomatic relations must be in place in order for the Krakari Republic to sell an army to another nation.
(Major)Implement constabularies-Bonus to anti-espionage actions
(Major)Implement advanced metallurgy, small mechanical parts, revolving parts, conductivity, electricity, engine, automobiles combustion fuel, gatling guns into Armored cars-2x combat bonus on land, 2x cost to deploy
(Major)Research vehicular tracks
(Major)Research infantry tactics

(Minor)Send letter to Auroran nobles loyal to the Commonwealth within Aurora and Krakari territories, informing them of the Privateers program

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Gangari

Days passed for Gangari as he continued to watch the lands. Things changed little to his eyes and made him even less willing to venture beyond... Eventually he found himself sitting quietly beside the body of Aurelius as it lay preserved on the floor. As Jashiki acted and time passed the thought that brought him to retain the corpse came back to him.

Gangari looked at the sad dead eyes and lifted the corpse over his shoulder. Slowly he walked into the pool and after a few moments placed the body of the prince in the enchanted waters and walked back out of it. He turned to his daughter and said "Tell me when he wakes," and left the chamber to begin his work elsewhere.

Jubal Kaya

Days passed quietly for the mechanical man. Information was brought to him, orders were given in return, and the future was contemplated. The smell of smoke passed through his mind frequently as he contemplated what the future held for his people, every path he saw looked as if it was going to mirror the beginning again in one way or another.

Andha's words... what he remembered of what the man had said of his vision for the future coloured everything in the lands that the collective had walked itself into those long decades ago. Order built upon industry was the rule of the land, and they before the fall were to be the light of the world. Ajivha was to lead the lands around them back into the light from the darkness, the chaos that they had fallen into with their warring... When their light was nearly snuffed, purpose grew from that. And from that purpose grew a new order and in turn further purpose grew from that.

A second legion was prepared as Gokvahar approached the homeland, land was settled, and other lands were reinforced, the old inquisitorial units were retrained and reorganized, a sanitarium began construction in the cult quarter, smoking dens were shut down and burned only to be reopened elsewhere a day later...

The light needed to be grown, made brighter if it was to illuminate the dark.

- Secret
- Action is difficulty 9, with a cost of 3 AP. Total domain bonus applied to the roll is +8. Autosuccess.
- Should have 18/21 AP at end of turn.

Within the Aetherial sea exists a vast continent under the sway of Gangari and is such the realm in which his dead are drawn to. A paradise of Gangari's design, it's almost entirely wilderness. Points of civilization do exist as do places of notability but the main feature is it's inherent natural beauty.

The continental paradise while quite massive, is finite in its corporeal form as is Gangari's desire. As a mechanism to compensate, Gangari has willed it so that unaware souls only manifest in a corporeal manner in the presence of mortals and souls aware of their nature whom also manifest corporeally. Mortals and said aware souls cause the souls of those whom they desire to see or expect to see within Arcadia to manifest in a corporeal fashion to them, instead of existing in the state in which souls naturally find themselves in Arcadia (experiencing it, but in a similar way to which the souls of the sea at large experience their afterlives).

Major - Construct Settlement - Expand current land into Northern marshland.

Major - Construct Settlement - Expand current land to cover what remains of the southern Yish Marshland (looked at it and eleven hexes remain of this land, use the seven from this one and four from the above action. Use the remaining three hexes of the above action to even out the Northern border of my territory).

Major - Upgrade Gokvahar to Citadel.

Major - Upgrade Cult Quarter to Citadel.

Major - Form Second Army.

Minor - Continue moving Gokvahar.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Badger, Aquilonia, Isle of Balaena

Badger sat alone in the room adjoining the Emperor's chambers, studying the letter that Lord Aldren had given him a month ago. His reading ability wasn't the best by any means but it had been improving since his meeting with Jashiki and he thought he understood the directions that the Lord Deputy had given him. He hoped they wouldn't be necessary, but one could never be sure. He looked up as a palace guard walked past, it wasn't one whose patrol normally went past the northern wing of the palace. Curious he stood up and glanced around the doorway, his heart stopped when he saw the guard drawing his sword as he entered into the chamber where Daigoro was quietly playing by himself.

"Stop right there!" Badger shouted as he leapt forward towards the man, his face a picture of rage. He didn't see the other assassin until the man's blade met him with a single stabbing motion. Badger gasped as the assassin's sword slid right through his waist, the tip of it's shining blade reappearing through the front of his shirt. He fell down onto his knees and then his face, the sword still stuck in him. The assassin grinned toothily at Daigoro, who stared in horror at the scene in front of him, dropping the wooden figurines he had been holding.

"Looks like you're all alone now boy," he chuckled as he brought out another knife from his waistband, his comrade grabbing the young Emperor's shoulders with a pair of hairy hands, "Let's not make this any harder than it has to be,"

"Not... today..." Badger growled as he struggled back up onto his feet, the assassins freezing in horror at the bloody visage standing before them. With one swipe the bodyguard pulled the blade stuck in him from his back and cut the nearest man's head off, not even pausing as he charged forward and decapitated the other assassin who held Daigoro. "Being a vampire helps sometimes," Badger grinned as he picked up the silently shaking Emperor and tucked him under his arm, "Come on, let's get out of here!"

The pair hurried down the corridor, almost bumping into Lar-Kai coming the other way, she let out a short scream where she saw their bloodied appearance.

"We ran into some trouble, a pair of guards who were after the Emperor," Badger said quickly, before adding, "They were dealt with,"

"I knew it wasn't safe here, I knew it!" Daigoro muttered. Badger looked down and nodded in agreement.

"Yes... your cousin Theodoric," the bodyguard's eyes hardened, he leapt forward down the corridor with Lar-Kai struggling to keep up behind them.. They burst into Theodoric's private chamber, the young man lying in bed besides a scantily-dressed Ajivhan woman. Both cried alarm when they saw the trio. "Get out," Badger pushed the concubine out of the way, she ran tearfully from the room. Badger pointed his sword at the prince's throat, his eye's burning in anger.

"You said it was safe here," he snarled, "You almost got the Emperor killed!"

"Wait, what?" Theodoric spluttered, "I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Nonsense," Badger growled, "We were attacked by two of your guards not five minutes ago, you mean to say you had nothing to do with it?"

"I swear I know nothing about it!" the prince replied desperately. The bodyguard shook his head and raised his sword angrily above Theodoric's head, preparing to strike.

"Wait!" Daigoro interjected, tugging urgently on Badger's sleeve, "He's telling the truth! I can tell," The bodyguard looked quixotically at him, "Remember my ability," he squeaked. Somewhat reluctantly, Badger stowed away his sword, remembering that the little Emperor had been right last time.

"Okay, I trust you," he replied after a pause, turning to Theodoric who picked himself up off the ground with a grateful expression.

"We can move you somewhere safer, the guard can be doubled," the prince added weakly. Badger and Lar-Kai looked at each other sceptically.

"It was your own men who attacked us," Badger grunted, "We aren't safe here, we must head to somewhere else that is. Lord Aldren said he would be at his residence in Albur, if we needed another place to hide,"

"Oilean Uisce would be safe too, no-one can be harmed there after all," Lar-Kai added. Daigoro nodded slowly in agreement.

"I would like to see my old home again," he said quietly.

"Then it's settled," Badger said, taking the young Emperor by the hand, "We'll leave this evening. I know just the man, if he still lives around here," Even as they left though, the bodyguard still felt privately unnerved. His failure to listen to Daigoro had almost cost his charge his life, and if Theodoric was innocent they had no idea who had sent the assassins. Would the People's Republic stoop that low? They would have to be a lot more careful from now on, whatever the case.

~

Supreme Leader Wen Sung, Nova Verde, Isle of Maia

Wen sighed as he sorted through the day's paperwork on his desk, looking up as Tariq Devan walked into the leader's chambers. The Emperor's old office had been hurriedly refitted when Nova Verde had been conquered, the Imperial family's paintings replaced by generic paintings of Auroran countryside and animals. The corvan spy bowed quickly.

"Comrade, I trust you received my letters in advance," he asked with a nervous nod.

"Yes, I did," Wen replied, taking out the correspondence from his desk, "Your hunch about this 'Raindrop Emperor' was right, we recently intercepted announcements that Maximus's grandson Aurelius Daigoro was crowned Emperor a month ago in the north. I have little doubts about his identity from the description, I taught the boy personally before the war broke out,"

"So it's true," Tariq breathed, "I wonder how the southern folk who follow Julius will take this? What should I do now?"

"Go north and find Daigoro," Wen said after a pause, looking the spy straight in the eyes, "Bring him back here to me, entirely unharmed. You understand that?"

"Of course, comrade," Tariq bowed again, "Not a hair of his head,"

"It won't be easy, they say he is accompanied by a bodyguard of great strength and ability," Wen noted, "All your wits will be needed,"

"I will try my best," the spy replied, "I assume the remaining Commonwealth provinces have refused to surrender? I saw the King of Mereton tear up their letter personally,"

"Yes, all of them," Wen sighed, "We will take our time before heading eastwards, there remains one thorn in the south however," he spread open a map of red and white lines, pointing to a spot, "Saranda. They have ignored the letters we sent, their borders stubbornly separating southern Ajivha from new Sungarde. I have little wish for more war but if the revolution must be brought to every corner of Aurora, we must march at some point. Perhaps if Saranda falls, the east will see that further resistance is futile,"

"When will the armies be deployed?" Tariq asked hesitantly.

"They already have been," Wen smiled slightly, looking up at the spy, "Tomorrow morning at dawn, the great struggle will begin,"

(Major) - Send Ajivhan army along with Sungian guard and Grat elites to secure north Saranda, using all applicable combat bonuses including Drider-deployment bonus
(Major) - Send Padonian army along with Steam gun water benders and Grat elites to secure south Saranda, using all applicable combat bonuses including Drider-deployment bonus
(Major) - Hire mercenaries to assist in the securing of each half of Saranda

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Khalorean on the East coast of Padonia, outskirts of the city of Osyth (15 AP remaining)

The rolling hills were pleasing to Khalorean, but aesthetics were not directly under his sphere of control. They were gaining him power in his temple in Casterbridge, but there were other things at work there.
Many people found the killing of ants to be enjoyable, or at the least, unworthy of thought. They just did it to do it. This could not be allowed to continue; though it surely would. At least something could be done to lessen the amount.

But altering every ant species would not be realistic; they served important purposes in the environment. But altering a single hive in the middle of a large field would work for now. Previous species the god had created were designed with human interaction in mind; and it could be done with relative ease and simplicity; but this one he would not be so gentle with.

But he didn't need to choose the aggressive red ants. Instead, he chose the passive, self-sustaining black ants. Growing them to gargantuan size was a simple task which was done as soon as the god thought of it. Erupting from the ground due to their drastically increased size (these things tend to happen when a hive of creatures two millimeters long suddenly grow to twelve feet high), the ants were undamaged. The god of insects influences all aspects of an insect; not just the creature. The hive itself increased in equal proportions.
There were more than a few hills covered in small groves of trees and overgrown grasses; the ants began harvesting the newly available resources. Small animals and a small group of outlaws attempting to make a camp before a raid counted as the hive's first meat supply.

But ants do not eat meat or plant; they eat the fungus that such delicassies grow while in decay. They could take care of this themselves; their stockpile was not in danger.

But how to have them behave when humans undoubtedly interacted with them? That was a different subject. So an answer was decided on. The ants would, as they did when normal sized, ignore the humans unless attacked. Just as ants take slaves, so too could the humans take these giant ants as pets. But to do so, they would have to show the hive itself that they could work just as ants do- having freedom, but using that freedom to benefit the community as a whole. Assist the ants in bringing in things that their incomprehendible strength could not do alone, assist in nest-building, that sort of thing.

But the warrior and worker castes would not be able to survive for long without a guide; which the ants usually used each other for. Someone would have to show them, if they were taken from their hive, how to eat and hunt, or someone would have to do it for them. Ants already know full well how to attack and organize combat using superior numbers to overwhelm anything; and at their size, this would not be anything to take lightly. But they could also be a peacetime creature; being used primarily for mining, hauling, and lumberjacking purposes.

The god named the altered species; but it was a name that nothing but a sentient being with mandibles could pronounce. So, for humans, there was no name to call them. But humans weren't planned to encounter them yet.

Difficulty: 9 Cost: 3AP (15-3 = 12) (2d6 + 8 = 10, auto success)
-Creating or altering a non-sentient species smaller than an elephant.

[http://s492.photobucket.com/user/Viirinking/media/themthree.jpg.html]

These ants are equal in size to an African elephant. I provided the image below for size comparison. These ants are copied from the movie "THEM!".

[http://s492.photobucket.com/user/Viirinking/media/mastsize.gif.html]

booksv3

Apr 29, 2015
Nations

Aurora

Commonwealth of Aurora:
The commonwealth of Aurora upgraded their Stowhurst to a citadel and researched Industrial agriculture.

The Peoples republic of Aurora sent two armys to the Saranda to take it over at the same time as they hired merc's to help them. They used everything at their disposal including the Grat teams they had hired months before.

Collective
The collective sent out two setling units but only one of them worked, the one settling into the northern marshlands. The second failed to stay and were sent back after several disasters made it impossible. They also upgraded the Gokvahar and the cult quarter to Citidels. As well as forming a second army.

Krakari Republic

The Krakari had a dissapointing time where their atempted research failed for both, vehicular tracks and infantry tactics. While they implemented armored cars and constables as well as pricarteers.

Grat Shee
The grat shee showed the workd what they had been hiding for almost a year now, a huge gun of a new type was constructed on the top of the mountain. While the high quality maps and railguns were implemented while the high powered scope and wide telescope was researched, and south of the burning sands was settled.

Gods
Gangari

Gangari started a secret action, disappearing from the world for a month to do it.

Jashiki
Jashiki raised the 50 dead children and young adults who had been kept in the slabs, one by one they were raised and soon were moving about talking to each other. Each finding it they were in a similar place and now knew something about where they had come back form.

Kharolean
Kharolean tried to change one of the rules of the universe but failed, the first round of those who tried to follow it had dead children and it made those who wanted to follow rethink their want.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧

Once they had left Theodoric's palace, the trio made their way down through the city to the slums by the edge of the port, where the migrants with little wealth gathered and tried to eke out a living. Daigoro stayed close to Badger and Lar-Kai, dressed again in common clothing with a hood covering his head, even on the road this level of poverty was new to him.

"What's wrong with that man?" the young Emperor asked, pointing to a skeletal-thin elder sitting by a shack, feebly gesturing to a tin can in front of him.

"Consumption, a wasting disease," Lar-Kai replied briskly, "Don't worry about him, he won't have long to live now,"

Daigoro chewed his lip, he hadn't realised such terrible diseases existed in the world. They entered a bustling marketplace between the shanty houses, immediately they were surrounded by all manners of traders bidding for their attention, perhaps sensing that they weren't locals.

"Will you not buy some ointment?" a wizened old woman with one squinting eye asked. Badger pushed past her wordlessly, Daigoro followed with an apologetic glance.

"Come, we have very good fish, one shilling fish," an Ajivhan trader waved his catch in front of Lar-Kai's face in a sing-song voice, she slapped it out of the way. A middle-aged woman with a painted face brushed her fingers against the young Emperor's hair, as if admiring a prize catch.

"What an adorable boy..." she told Badger with a seductive wink, "I know some very wealthy clients who would pay a high price for him, we could split the proceeds fifty-fifty?"

"He's not... for sell," Badger growled as they carried on past the painted woman, who shrugged and turned away. They reached a small wooden shack squashed between two makeshift stores, it looked like it had been built out of scrap planks taken from a ship. The bodyguard knocked loudly on the door, after a pause a dark face with a grey beard appeared from a crack in the gloom.

"Sam?" Badger asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Badger?" the old sailor exclaimed in surprise as he opened the door fully, "You're still around, me hearty?"

"Apparently so," the bodyguard chuckled, giving Sam a wide embrace, before drawing back to let the other two through, "These are my companions, Lar-Kai and Daigoro,"

"Hello, little man," Sam said as he bent down stiffly to shake Daigoro's hand, he looked up again between Badger and Lar-Kai with a quixotic expression, "He's yours?"

"Oh no," Badger laughed, "This is no other than Aurelius Daigoro, thirty seventh Emperor of Aurora!"

"Oh..." the old sailor breathed in amazement when he saw the bodyguard wasn't joking. "That is quite somethin'... what would the Emperor want with an old sea dog like me?"

"We need a ship, to go south to Oilean Uisce, or maybe further," Daigoro replied in a quiet voice, "Please,"

"Then I'll be happy to be of service, your Majesty," Sam bowed formally with a friendly smile, "Come inside, and we can talk about this trip more,"

~

Damia, Nova Verde, Isle of Maia

Damia strode along the corridors of the palace, ever conscious of the important letter being carried in her modest cotton bag. After the fall of the city, she had managed to disappear into the masses of servants whose employment was maintained by the Republican authorities, to serve both it's new occupiers and the nobles who were now imprisoned inside. To them she was just another common eunuch serving girl and to their credit, every one of her fellow servants had held their tongues on just how close she had really been to the late Emperor Maximus.

She entered into the ladies' quarters, bowing before Princess Bo and her daughter Erica, who sat quietly together on the bed sewing. Quickly glancing around one final time for any hidden onlookers, she reached into her bag and held out the letter to Bo.

"It's from your son, Daigoro," Damia smiled, "He's safe and living up north with his cousin,"

The princess snatched the letter and read it quickly, tears welling up in her eyes.

"They made him Emperor?" she murmured, dabbing her face with her handkerchief. Damia nodded in reply. "I'm proud," Bo added, "but also worried, he's still so young for such a large responsibility. I wish we could get out of here and head to Aquilonia right now,"

"Patience," Damia replied gently, "I'm working on an exit plan, but we can't go before we can be sure of success, if they catch us then they'll never let me up here again. Our day will come soon enough,"

~

The Battle of Eagleview, Saranda

The Padonian fleet landed first, sailing in like a harsh wind from the south, tearing through drider defences like a spear through bare flesh. Over several days they advanced north, the Ajivhans readying their own troops in Eagleview. On the fifth day, the Sarandan lines had been pushed within a few miles of the Auroran base and at that moment their soldiers burst forth from their hiding places, trapping the driders in a pincer movement. The spiders failed to break out of the circle they had unwittingly driven themselves into and so the next day terms of surrender were agreed, integrating Saranda into the People's Republic of Aurora and instituting loyal driders from within Ajivha as the new revolutionary Octavian government of the state.

The small state didn't remain the focus of attention for long however, as all eyes returned to the east where the remaining territories of the Commonwealth were effectively cut into two: the Confederation of the North and the Ray-Das and Mereton Kingdoms to the south, along with the Principality of Oilean Uisce. Rumours began to arise of a mass of Luug camped on the southern coast of Nova Aurora, for what purpose unknown but the defences of Oilean Uisce and the northern Ray-Das were prepared for the worst regardless, even as the fifty-year Commonwealth appeared to be on the verge of final collapse.

Commonwealth of Aurora:
(Major) - Implement industrial agriculture
(Major) - Upgrade Casterbridge to citadel

People's Republic of Aurora
(Major) - Research air-tight seals
(Major) - Upgrade Eagleview to citadel
(Major) - A new Great Wall is built through southern Saranda and Sungarde

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Aurelius and Ashlif - Gokvahar

As Aurelius felt his body fail and death overcome him, he felt peaceful. The pain was gone. The sudden changes he felt to be seconds after what he thought to be his death, weren't of concern. He felt a burning sensation in his eyes, his lungs were filled with water, and his back felt like it had been carved into but the pain was gone. And then as suddenly as the new feelings came his eyes forced themselves open and his surroundings came into view. Outside of the pool he lay in, looking at him stood a relatively young looking Ajivhan woman wearing a green dress.

Aurelius sputtered as he struggled onto his hands and knees, coughing up water back into the pool. After about a minute he fully regained his senses and glanced at the young woman watching him passively from outside, trying to ignore the ugly visage below him.

"Where am I?" he asked slowly. Thinking hard, the last thing he remembered was trying to escape Xule with his eldest son and the bodyguard his father had sent, what exactly had happened was hazy though.

"A safe place," she replied, "Gangari brought you here after the accident."

"An accident..." Aurelius muttered to himself, now she mentioned it he recalled a fast descent in the sky ship and the cries of his son... his son! "Young Kaius, is he safe too?" the prince ventured with a sinking feeling.

"I've been told Jashiki has been watching over him since the crash."

"Very well," Aurelius breathed a sigh of relief, still something didn't feel quite right, "How long has it been?"

"It's been half a year."

"I've been out that long?" Aurelius shook his head in disbelief, "What has happened? Is the great schism over?"

"Things haven't went as had been planned." She replied, "Since your death, the revolution has grown and taken control of over half of your commonwealth." She went quiet and blinked a couple of times "Nova Verde was stormed and captured by the Octavians a few months ago. After what has happened, most of your family is in hiding."

"Oh..." Aurelius replied shortly, shocked that the holy capital with itself had fallen. If the best defended citadel in Aurora had been taken, anywhere could be next. "Where are the Emperor and Parliament based now then?" he asked with trepidation.

She started blinking again before she spoke "The Emperor- Your father passed during the invasion. Your son Daigoro and your Cousin are both claiming power now. What remains has been moving since the Octavians took the capital."

"No..." Aurelius exclaimed quietly, putting his hands to his head. He couldn't believe Maximus was dead, and now his six, no he'd be seven by now, year old son was involved in a power struggle with his cousin Julius of all people. "The conniving swine, my father should never have let him live after the last rebellion," he muttered darkly.

"His sin was the ease he was manipulated with. If it hadn't been him it would have been another."

"Perhaps, if he's threatening my son though then I'm not inclined to be forgiving," Aurelius replied with a growl, "What am I to do now? I should get back to my family but I don't even know where they are," he glanced again around at his surroundings, "Nor myself, other than I'm in the dwelling of the god Gangari,"

"You're within the city of Gokvahar. In a place made sacred." She replied "Your son Kaius is with Jashiki on Oileen Uisce as far as is known, Gangari believes Daigoro to be moving towards there now, and your wife is imprisoned in the palace." She started blinking again and then said "Gangari has raised you out of benevolence. He however asks something of you. He requires a messenger to Daigoro. He asks you to inform him that he would like to make an offer to him."

"Home," the prince nodded, it made sense they would be on the island of their birth, "I would go to find Daigoro anyway, so I'll happily carry Gangari's message as thanks for saving me. What is the offer I am to take to him?"

"He didn't say." She replied "He merely wants you to tell him that he has an offer to make, and to bring something to him. Your son has been hidden in the way your father was, if he fears a deity it's doubtful he would want one to appear to him uninvited."

"That's not very helpful," Aurelius muttered to himself, before turning back to the mysterious woman, "What does Gangari want me to take to him?"

She pointed to a wooden box on the floor near the pool "Inside is something that was granted to your father and now is to be granted to your son. A spear to mark him as being under his protection."

"Thank you," Aurelius nodded as he carefully picked up the box and cradled it under his arm, "Give Gangari my gratitude for his help in saving my life,"

She nodded "There's a ship waiting for you in the docks and guards ready to escort you in the chamber above."

Aurelius bowed and then stepped unsteadily out of room, slowly regaining the ability to walk. It was a confusing world he'd woke back up in but he knew he had to reunite his family, before anything else.

Wen and Gangari - Nova Verde

As dusk fell Wen found himself in his home, oddly alone as everything began to take on a hazy quality around him. As the night went, suddenly he found himself sitting at a table in his home across from Gangari, who was looking at him with tired almost mournful eyes. After a few moments of silence Gangari asked "Why was Saranda invaded?"

"Part of our previously discussed plan, no?" the old man replied softly after a pause, "The remaining strongholds of the Commonwealth must be rooted out so the revolution can thrive," he sighed, looking down at the table, "I have little appetite for more violence after what happened in Nova Verde but I was reliably informed by my generals that a Commonwealth aligned southern coastal territory could be used as a backdoor to invade Ajivha,"

"I've been watching Saranda since its founding." Gangari replied, "They weren't a threat... Wen, with what's happened..." His eyes flickered slightly as he paused "I've been watching your revolution since it began and after having watched I think it has been corrupted and bent to another purpose."

"Whatever do you mean?" Wen stammered, pressing his glasses against his nose with an expression that betrayed that he perhaps had an inkling of what Gangari was talking about, "What purpose?"

"Among others the purpose of the one called the Zayin." Gangari replied, "Decades ago her influence led to the attempted assassination of the emperor and his heir. Decades ago her influence led to the invasion of Saranda. When the fighting began who had the idea to kidnap Aurelius and his son? Who commanded the forces that shot them down? Which of your generals first came with the thought to invade Saranda? She's been shown to be able to place agents as high as she needs."

"Faustus Caeso," Wen breathed, suddenly realising that everything Gangari mentioned had been proposed or carried out by the leader of Padonia, "but surely not?" he exclaimed, "Indraj-Alika himself vouched that Caeso was a moral and outstanding scholar,"

"He wouldn't be the first moral and upstanding person to act for her." Gangari replied,"If he is acting for her."

"In-fact," Wen mused, "It was he who first proposed the idea of forming a People's Republic in this era, along with Rogaan,"

"That makes Rogaan's involvement suspect as well then." Gangari replied, "Is there anyone else under your administration you'd suspect in light of these thoughts?"

"No," Wen shook his head, "I am sure that Indraj isn't involved in anything. Xuron is a close ally of Rogaan, but I've only met him briefly once, so I couldn't comment on his character,"

Gangari nodded, "If any of them are as I suspect the corruption will run through the ranks below them. I ask for your blessing to begin an inquisition in your lands."

"What would this inquisition involve?" Wen asked unconvinced, "As we both saw during the time of the Octopi, paranoia over perceived enemies among your own ranks can tear apart a nation,"

"Justiciars will determine the loyalty of those working for you. Legionary forces will root out factions within your territories." Gangari replied "Their purpose can be kept from the state until their work necessitates otherwise."

"Very well, leave alone those at the top for now though," Wen noted, "It would cause chaos if leaders of the revolution were to be removed at the wrong time, I will deal with that side,"

Gangari nodded "There is another matter. The city of Saranda was a gift from me and Lysei to the driders. Once this situation is resolved I'll be taking custody of it from Aurora."

"Saranda has been part of Aurora for over a generation," Wen replied sternly, "It will not change hands without the consent of it's inhabitants,"

"Saranda has been independent until now." Gangari replied, "With what's happened they can't remain in Auroran hands. They'll be made a protectorate with full rights. Consent will come."

"Frankly, this is not something I could authorise alone, even if I wanted to," Wen said shortly, "For now, let the issue lie, it can be dealt with when the war is over,"

Gangari nodded and stood "Another time then."

"Very well," the Republican leader nodded, "Let's hope this corruption can be rooted out sooner rather than later," As Gangari disappeared he took off his glasses and began to clean them, ideas flowing through his head. "One nation... one nation," he muttered to himself.

- 18/21 AP

- Teach scholars of the Krakari Republic a way to generate power through aetherial currents.
- Action is difficulty 11, with a cost of 4 AP. Total domain bonus applied to the roll is +8.
- Should have 14/21 AP at end of turn.

Major - secret

Major - secret

Major - secret

Major - Implement Psychology.

Major - Implement Inquisitors.

Minor - Continue moving Gokvahar.

booksv3

Apr 29, 2015
Jashiki 14AP Top of the mountain of Oileen Uisce

Smiling as he looks out over the oceans around Oileen Uisce Jashiki digs out a chunk of the mountain next to him. Holding it in his hand and slowly crushing his fist till it turns to sand and pours through his claws and hand to pile up next to his foot. Looking down at it and closing his eye to think about the dead he had raised.

Turning away and sliding through space into the death gate deep below he steps through and can feel each and ever one of the raised dead throughout the huge realm. Reaching out with his powers and touching each and every on with his powers he lets it trickle into them while focusing on what he wanted. letting his intent and power flow inside them.

Difficulty: 11 Cost: 4AP
-Grant transmittable immortality of a sort to a small group of humans (eg vampires; immortality with a major instant-kill weakness, basically)

Give all the raised dead a transmittable immortality.
They are all now immortal with a major insta-kill weakness to obsidian.
They have raised speed and the ability to understand and speak any language.
they understand everything about death including knowing who is dead and where and why.
They are connected to the gate and know when someone goes in or out.

their immortailty can be given to someone who has just died within the last 2 hours by giving them some of their blood.

Grat Shee, Railgun base.

Hiero stood looking up at the large railgun that had been raised in the last few months. The wires that had been brought from caves under the platform to the railgun had been charging the capacitors for hours. Walking over to the Grat who were talking together holding slats wth some kind of writen calculations that Hiero had no way of reading he watches them as they fiddle with the gun for the next half hour before getting into a raging argument about something concerning the forest.

Growling quietly and walking over Hiero snaps at the group as they argue.
"What is the problem?! its pointing on the other side of the mountains and i want to see what kind of gun has been soaking up our nations reasorces for so many years. So, fire the god damn thing and lets see what kind of failure you have made."

That shut the group up and as they look at their Chief of chiefs and as they look at each other one of them moves to the controls as the rest of them start running. Looking after them and frowning as they run Hiero turns to the one who stands at the controls and opens his mouth to say something when the Grat there grabs the corn and yanks. Two seconds later something starts to whine loud as the Grat who had pulled the cord runs away. Looking around at the running Grat Hiero looks at them then the now glowing thing in front of him. Slowly backing up he only gets two steps before the giant gun explodes. His hands flying to his ears Hiero almost screams as his ears bleed and the shock wave sends him 10 feet back rolling across the round. Slowly bringing himself up to his knees and looking out over the forest in the direction they had fired the Railgun. Looking and searching for the place it had been facing he cant see anything for a few seconds before well off in the distance an explosion happens. Stumbling to his knees and walking to the edge of the platform to look he stares wide eyed as an almost a circular mile of forest is gone.

Starting to shake and watching as the group of Grat walks over still taking notes one of them turns to Hiero and smirks.
"So, failure?"

Settle north of the cage.

Settle north of the cage.

Settle west of the cage.

Settle east of the cage.

Implement wide telescopes.

Ouroboros

The ouroboros were feeling something change. Not only had their creator made the gate to death but the feeling from their creator made them start to spread out in both sides of the Aurora. Matched pairs spread throughout the countryside and the citys, many of them keeping themselves hidden as they get ready to do something they know will be extraordinary. More pairs come to the pair of capitols hiding out all around not only the palaces but in dozens of place in the citys as they get ready for something huge coming.

Yang

Yang was about to head into the next town from where he had been spending the last few weeks when Jashiki speaks right to his ear, a voice disembodied and firm.
"It is time to do your work. The Republic is corrupted in some way. Find and kill whoever is trying to create this destruction."

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Badger, off the coast of the Auroran Archipelago

Sam's cramped and creaking fishing boat nevertheless made good time on it's voyage south, despite the weathered appearance of it's wooden planks it was actually fitted with some of the best techniques. To an observer it looked no different from the thousands of other small vessels which made their way up and down the Auroran coast and so it was ignored by every warship they spotted, Commonwealth or Republic. After briefly stopping in Doragas, they were heading south for the final leg of the journey to Oilean Uisce.

Badger stood at the helm of the ship, scanning the horizon for any trouble, not that he expected there to be. Daigoro bounced up to him and tugged on his sleeve, the young Emperor had taken well to life at sea.

"How long left?" he asked excitedly.

"About three days or so, same as last time I told you," Badger grunted.

"Are we going back to my old home in Jashipolis?" Daigoro added.

"I'm not sure yet," Badger admitted honestly, "I don't know what the situation is like there on the ground, if Ker-Hai is still in charge then it will probably be safe. Otherwise, there will be other places to stay," The Emperor nodded happily, reaching into his robe pocket to pull out a shining black stone.

"Does this even do anything?" he asked sceptically, holding the god-hiding stone up to the light.

"I don't know what it is," Badger replied with a shrug, "Your grandfather seemed to think it was important though, so you better look after it carefully, it might yet come in handy,"

"I will," Daigoro replied with a serious expression, holding the stone so close to his face that he almost went cross-eyed, "I will,"

~

Opal, Mara Village, Isle of Toro

It had taken a while to persuade Wen but eventually Opal had convinced him to let her visit Toro while he was dealing with preparation for a summit in Nova Verde, little did he know that she had much more than sight-seeing in mind. Accompanying the little vampire was several hand-picked members of the Sungian guard, all blessed with Gangari's ability to see the agents of the Zayin. Four ouroboros came along too, two of them native to the island, to assist in her mission. After several days of pounding their way through overgrown jungle, they came across a small village in the middle of the bush, it's short inhabitants approaching the newcomers cautiously. Opal stayed back while one of the native ouroboros went to talk to the villagers, they were so isolated that they reputedly barely even spoke the common tongue.

"They say a foreign woman with scars lives nearby in an abandoned house with a number of children," the ouroboro said as he returned to the group, "They're afraid of her, they think she might be a witch,"

"It sounds like her, let's go and find out," Opal nodded as they followed a path to the east, feeling a little less confident than she looked. It had been over twenty years since she had last met the Zayin, she hadn't been strong enough to challenge her then, could she do it now? The group came up a manor in a clearing, clearly a former colonial house that had been abandoned for an unknown reason. A few small faces peeped out of the cracked windows as they approached, Opal shook her head at them to warn them not to try anything. Two of the Sungian guard stood on either side of the manor door and then without further hesitation, kicked their way in. Opal followed and threw herself onto a dark shape sitting on a rocking chair, staring at the flames in a nearby fireplace.

"Don't move!" Opal hissed as she held her silver knife against the throat of the Zayin, who merely blinked back at her as if this was to be expected.

"Good afternoon dear, it had been a long time, hasn't it Opal?"

"It has!" the little vampire spat in return, feeling the last of her fear of the old woman leaving and being replaced by pure rage. "Why did you do it all?" Opal asked angrily, pressing her knife against the Zayin's neck, "Why did you turn me into a vampire and send me to kill Emperor Maximus?"

"He was Lysei's stooge, they all were!" the Zayin hissed, coughing loudly. "I think it's time you understood what it was all about. It started when I was a young palace slave, by the name of Bryony. I was taken by the prophet of Lysei, Vallous, and lost something against my will that night I wanted to save for my future husband. Afterwards I met with a young man named Wen..."

"Wen?" Opal exclaimed in surprise. The Zayin gave her a stare and then continued.

"Yes, a fellow slave called Wen. He told me about the resistance group the Octopi, who were fighting against Lysei. Having seen what his prophet was like, I joined straight away and a week later carried out my first assassination when I was invited back to Vallous' bedroom. Unfortunately I hadn't been careful enough and soon I found myself in the dungeons, being tortured by the creature known as Katalia. I escaped with my life, only because I betrayed Wen to save myself from the pain. I assume she killed him."

Opal stayed silent, she was glad to have more of the story now behind Wen's past but she wasn't going to let the Zayin know that.

"The creature tried to get me to join with her, but I refused, I couldn't take any more killings then. I escaped down to the new colonies in Medegarde, building a new life for myself where I could forget the past. I even found a husband and we had two children together, a boy and a girl. I was happy for a time,"

Opal swallowed, she felt she knew what was coming.

"One day I returned home, only to find our wooden hut had burned to the ground. My husband and children were all dead. They said it was a stove fire gone wrong but I knew the truth," she drew closer to Opal, a crazed look in her eyes, "I knew it was Lysei, back for revenge. On that day I swore I would destroy everything he had built up in Aurora and beyond, from his monstrous creations to the puppet he had placed on the Imperial throne,"

"That's why you did all of it?" Opal exclaimed. The Zayin nodded with a bitter smile.

"I found a halfling vampire on Oilean Uisce, bought his bite for a pittance. Travelled on to Maia and set up shop in an abandoned house to the north, recruiting from the waifs and strays that no-one really cared about anyway. Including you," Opal glowered at her, as she continued, "My first generation of vampire children were poorly trained but nevertheless became my eyes and ears around the island. I soon found a young knight, angry at the Emperor Maximus' allowing of his father to be executed for crimes against the people, and bitter towards the driders who had murdered his friend and bodyguard Domin. His name was Roland Olin,"

"I remember him," Opal added knowlingly.

"Together, he rose up the ranks in the House of Nobles whilst I expanded my power on the ground. Finally we were ready to carry out our plan, to assassinate Maximus and his heir, whilst placing his weak nephew on the throne as our puppet. First we sent you, we both know how that went. Later we had his wife kidnapped by the Ray-Das, hoping he'd start a war with them and get himself killed in the process by halflings in our pay. They failed us on that mark too. Finally we took down his dragon as his son rode with him, only for them both to miraculously survive the fall into the sea," the Zayin bit her lip in apparent anger, "Our years of plans, ruined in a moment. It was as if fate had decreed we could never win. We conquered Saranda and began our plan to wipe out Lysei's terrible creations, but the Ajivhans and Collective stopped us before that could be completed. Maximus returned with a halfling army and before I knew it, Roland Olin was slain. It was over."

"But you're still here, twenty six years later," Opal pointed out. The Zayin nodded.

"Lysei was clever but not that clever," she said with a crafty smile, "I still have one final trick up my sleeve for him," With that she lunged forwards, reaching for the silver knife in Opal's small hands, slamming them both into the wooden floorboards. The little vampire rolled over and then kicked back at the Zayin's mid-drift, sending her sprawling onto her back. The old woman lay groaning, trying to move her arms futilely as blood poured out of a wound in her chest, Opal looked down to see her own dagger covered in red.

"Wait!" Opal exclaimed as she bounded up to the dying Zayin, shaking her shoulders desperately, "What did you mean by that? What trick?"

The old woman smiled again as she coughed up blood and shook her head as she made with her fingers a final sign of victory before falling still in Opal's arms. A single tear dropped down the little vampire's cheek, she looked up at the gathered guards, ouroboros and Zayin's children who watched the scene before them silently.

"What did she mean by that?" she asked desperately to the others, knowing that the only one who could have answered was now beyond the reach of any mortal.

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Khalorean, Turin Estate, Isle of Pesh (15 AP)

The estate of the House of Turin had lain abandoned since the arrival of the Octavians several months earlier, it's noble residents fled to the safety of south Mereton. While the central manor's treasures had been largely plundered, the gardens around the edges was forgotten and overgrown, not even worth stealing from. It was here among the rhododendron bushes that the crypt of the princely family sat, surrounded by intricate carved statues of the Turins whose ashes were stored inside the small stone building. On this day however there more than just the dead inside the crypt.

The cultists stood in a circle, all hooded in identical black robes. Man or woman, human, halfling or drider, all were equals here and as they chanted together, were focused on a single goal.

"Oh Kharolean!" they chanted in old Auroran, "Bring back to us today our lost leader, the one who fell before his work was done, Octavius!"
Khalorean was present, hearing the prayers effortlessly. But he didn't bother to manifest himself. He just watched.

But he would bring their prayers to fruition. The tomb was sealed, but from other rooms and adjoining hallways, swarms of flies came into the room and somehow made their way under the heavy stone lid of the coffin. Swarms like winding trails; similar to how ants march towards a target of some kind.

As the chanting continued, the stone coffin which they were gathered around began to shake, cracking across the top. A single hand reached out, it's skin pale and through the dust coating it, a number of maggots writhing. As the figure emerged from his tomb, the cultists approached reverently and bowed their heads.

The prayers of the group answered, Khalorean felt no need to remain conscious of the place. He had other work to do; other minor prayers to listen to and fulfill.

"How long?" Octavius growled at the cultists gathered around him, staring at them with blood red eyes.
"Fifty five years, sire," the leader spoke in reply. Octavius growled and picked up a nearby vase, sending it down to the ground in anger. "And of my treacherous nephew Maximus?" he snarled.
"Died last year, by his own hand,"
"Perfect," Octavius began to laugh hollowly, the sound echoing off the chamber walls as his new followers watched silently.
"He was succeeded by his grandson, Aurelius Daigoro," a cultist added nervously, "A mere child of seven,"
"Even better," Octavius smirked, turning to the head of the cultists, who passed him a golden amulet with a flourish.
"You'll want this, it'll protect you against the wrath of any vengeful gods,"
"...and who are you?" the High Prince asked as he took the god-hiding amulet.

"My name," the cultist replied with a satisfied smile as he removed his hood, "is Faustus Caeso,"

Difficulty: 9 Cost: 3AP (15 - 3 = 12 AP)
-Raise a small number of dead mortals (less than 50)

Bringing Octavius back from the dead in exchange for increased worship.
Some of his flesh is not human; I used a large swarm of flies to lay maggot eggs all over his skeleton so he could use their mass to resurrect. Some of his skin is frayed, kinda zombie-like. Where the frayed edges are, the truth of it is showing- writhing maggots instead of human skin. He has all the powers he had before he died- I didn't give him anything new.

Mostly written by Jojo. I added in my parts.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Supreme Leader Wen Sung, Nova Verde, Isle of Maia

Back in the palace of Nova Verde, Wen put down his pen in frustration after being lost in thought, Gangari was right. He had been so caught up in the talk of revolution and righting ancient wrongs that he had missed the corruption in the heart of the People's Republic: the corruption of mortal nature. The titles had been altered but the same few were in charge and what had really changed for the masses? They were still as hungry and downtrodden as ever.

He picked up his pen again and started on a new sheet of paper, writing in big letters across the top: One Nation Auroranism. He may have dug his own grave but he could make amends for the mistakes he had made. Rule by the people, for the people. This time it would work and no-one would have to be overthrown. The boy Daigoro was the key to bringing everything together, a symbol of continuity whilst real reform could be embraced. Once Tariq brought the young Emperor to him, a peaceful solution could be broached. All he needed to do was convince the others of his plan.

~

Tariq Devan, Aquilonia, Isle of Balaena

As Wen thought about his acolyte, the corvan himself was far to the north in the port of Aquilonia, squinting suspiciously at what could be his best lead yet.

"So you're sure it was them?" Tariq Devan asked the one-eyed old hag in front of him, who nodded eagerly.

"Why yes," she crooned, "There was a great hulking man, a native, with a silver band around his arm, with a little lad and one of those halfling types. A woman, I think,"

"It matches the description," the spy noted, "Where did they go?"

"To old Sam's hut," the hag replied, "Sailor and sea vampire, or so I've been told. Took his ship down south, to where I can't say,"

"Thank you," Tariq said, handing over a few gold coins which were gratefully snatched up. He felt a mixed of trepidation and hope as he walked away, weeks spent travelling north from Arachnia in search of the Raindrop Emperor had produced little but now he had a concrete lead. There were a lot of places to the south but ruling out those held by his own Republic or a foreign power and the list was whittled down to just three. Factoring in the probable presence of a vampire and young Daigoro's birthplace, he knew just where to look first.

"Oilean Uisce," he smiled to himself.

~

Emperor Aurelius Daigoro, off the coast of Oilean Uisce

Meanwhile just off the shores of Oilean Uisce itself, Daigoro peered excitedly over the wooden handrails as his native isle came into view. The empty shoreline was lined with tropical trees just as he remembered, fruiting in the late spring heat, whilst the great mountain towered over the island in the distance. He blinked though as to their right another ship materialised out of the mist, then another, then still more until a whole fleet came into view.

"Badger!" he called to the bodyguard, who came running up to inspect the scene.

"Those are Republican flags!" Badger exclaimed as several hulking shapes appeared on the sides of the boats facing them. "They're Luug!"

He grabbed onto the young Emperor's collar and pulled him down onto the wooden deck just as cannon balls shot overhead. Several more tumbled through the body of the ship below, crashing through crates and planks like a bullet through wet paper.

"Why are they firing at us?!" Daigoro wailed with his head pressed tightly against the deck.

"They must be planning a surprise attack on the island," Badger growled, "We'd give away their position,"

"We're taking on water! Sam shouted desperately from his position at the ship wheel, Lar-Kai dashing around him to put the ropes in their correct position. "We can't go much further with these holes!"

Daigoro clasped his hands together tightly, doing the only thing he could think of in this situation.

"Please, Jashiki, help!" he prayed.

booksv3

Apr 29, 2015
Nations

Aurora

Commonwealth of Aurora:
The commonwealth of Aurora implemented industrial agriculture and upgraded casterbridge to a citadel. Their emperor was soon on his way to his home land and his mother got word of his safety.

The Peoples republic of Aurora researched air tight seals as they also raised a new great wall through southern saranda and sungarde. They also upgraded Eagleview into a citadel in response to the commonwealth doing so.

Collective
The Collective had several secret actions which were not seen by the other nations. They also implemented psychology for use on themselves and others while in another part of the nation Inquisitors were created to walk and keep others from harm

Grat Shee
The Grat settles into 4 different places around the cage, expanding their territory to the north. While they also implemented wide angle telescopes.

Gods
Gangari

Gangari showed the scholars how to generate power through aetherial currents.

Jashiki
Jashiki raised the 50 youths into immortality to walk and watch over death.

Kharolean
Kharolean raised dead for worship, working his bugs into them and watching as they stood again.

This is done before the post above, just late.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
President Valerys, Silver Claw
As the days went in the Krakari Republic Valerys found quiet as he was left to himself in his home. As dusk came to the city he heard a knock at his door.

Standing on the other side of the door was a tall, tired looking Ajivhan man wearing green robes. He had glowing eyes, one glowing with blue light and the other with red. His appearance was that of Gangari and he smiled as the door opened to reveal him.

President Valerys was taken aback by the arrival of the Ajivhan man let alone the fact that he was the messenger of Gangari. He had heard rumors of his acting in the south but never experienced him here. Drawing back on his courtesies to mask his unpreparedness, Valerys opened his door further and motioned for the man to enter. He fetched chairs for the both of them and sat down at the table, still as a mouse.

"What brings you here, Gangari?" Valerys said with a hint of nervousness.

As Gangari sat down he looked at Valerys and spoke "Valerys, today I've come to speak to you of certain matters both current and future. However, first I'd like to thank you for your work, and the work done in my name under your administration. It's heartening to see the eyes work in these times..." He paused "What's your view of the war in the South and the East?"

"It certainly is a complicated matter..." Valerys said, making sure to chose his words carefully but he had to stand with what he said concerning the Aurorans because he felt that Gods would absolutely know what hesitation meant. "But our nation supports the rights that the Commonwealth has over its territories. It is true that they face difficulties but we will always recognize them. The nobles in the Commonwealth have been our allies for the longest time and it would be wrong to turn our back against them."

"Complicated." Gangari nodded, "A good word to describe it after what's happened. The Commonwealth fought beside you when the others turned away and the Octavians are enacting a revolution not unlike your people decades ago." He paused "You stand beside the Commonwealth and should the time come I want to give you the opportunity to place the war into their favour again."

"As your revolution was made corrupt, I've been convinced the Octavians have been corrupted. My collective has decided that their lands must be put to an inquisition and should the Octavian leadership fail to recognize their authority then further war will break out." He paused "Should the need arise The Collective asks for the Republic to lend military aid to their efforts."

"It is interesting that you mentioned that, Gangari." Valerys said with an offer written on the President's face. "We have recently employed soldiers working in the behalf of the nation but hired and armed by numerous banking companies all over the Republic. We used these soldiers to quell some insurrection in the south but I see use of them here. Declaring war would require me to go to the senate and that would take time. But my nation can lend you these Privateers to help the collective almost instantly. We can provide an army's worth of troops with all the technology that we have to bear including some new war machines. But our war machines are... rudimentary compared to your flying ships. Your Collective holds something much more powerful than gold and that is technology. What can you work out with the Collective?"

"What would your people desire?" Gangari replied, "Most of their works can be negotiated."

"A way to protect ourselves." Valerys admitted. "Our neighbors construct weapons of war able to destroy entire cities. I hope you can understand when a leader only wishes to protect and let his nation prosper. The world is growing smaller and I only wish to protect them. I imagine a shield protecting us, like a wall but not so oppressive."

"I understand perfectly." Gangari nodded, "The Collective doesn't have the knowledge to accomplish that but there are ways that I can teach your people." A thick tome materialized in his hand and he placed it on the table, "The thoughts I have to shielding your people would require a certain infrastructure to maintain something capable of blocking it. This tome describes what will be required and carries the knowledge to produce it."

Valerys looked at the tome and went through it briefly. No doubt it would take cooperation with the best scholars that the Republic had along with the under-appreciated magic users still present in his nation. This would no doubt change the fate of the Krakari Republic. Now would be the matter of repaying the kindness of Gangari. Valerys fetched a pen and paper quickly from his servants. He presented it to Gangari.

"With your signature, I will press an army into the service of your Collective. It is only appropriate for the technology you are willing to bestow upon my nation."

After taking a moment to read the paper Gangari signed it, "The shielding itself is a more complicated design than what's in the tome. I'll be able to bring the knowledge of its methods to you in a months time."

[hr]

Yoshera, Silver Claw

With Valerys temporarily unavailable, it was up to Yoshera to receive Indraj-Andha. Letters were sent out to numerous nobles within the Krakari Republic that fled the war. Within those letters were was the proposition of the Republic's new Privateers program but unlike the others, Indraj-Andha responded back. Yoshera did some reading on the Ajhivan and he certainly had the power to pay for the price of the Privateers if the negotiation went well.

Yoshera awaited in the meeting room of newly-constructed wing of the Hall of Raptors. The room was fairly minimalist compared to the lavish Krakari rooms with sleek marble flooring accented with real obsidian columns along the walls. The only source of color came from the windows and as the sun set, an orange hue tinted the room. A table with the finest wines and fruits were set up along with two chairs. Yoshera sat himself down from looking out the window when he heard footsteps approach the room. A knock came from the black oak doors to signal that Indraj-Andha was here. After a cough to clear his voice, Yoshera called out.

"Let him in." The doors opened and the Krakari guards let the Ajhivan man in.

"Good afternoon," Indraj-Andha bowed quickly as he walked in, before taking a seat opposite Yoshera, "I trust you have received my letters about the situation in Ajivha?"

"Yes, I have and I have also heard from various news sources that the Octavians march on Sarandra. Your situation is quite complicated to say the least. But, with the Privateer Program, we can provide assistance to your cause without actually going to war. I'm sure you've read the proposal so I would like to hear your offer."

"Tension is brewing under the surface in Ajivha, the Octavian system works great in theory but in practice is leading to large inefficiencies, particularly in the production of food," Indraj-Andha started, "Ajivha is especially vulnerable to this, due to it's lack of arable land. It is very likely that civil unrest will break out within three months, my proposal is as soon as we receive word this is happening, I will lead the Privateers from the north to reestablish Commonwealth government in Grand Ajivha." He pushed a signed document over to the Krakari, "My offer is twelve standard measures of gold, equivalent to over five hundred thousand Auroran pounds,"

Yoshera looked over the document, scanning it although it was only customary and instinctive of him to do so. "That is quite a hefty sum," Yoshera began. "But I also do hope that with the purchase of our Privateers, we can affirm our alliance with the Commonwealth. I also hope that once the deed is done, there will be a system in place to facilitate the payment. Otherwise, my directives do not clash with your proposition."

Yoshera fetched some papers to give to Indraj-Andha along with some ink.

"Sign this and the Privateers will be yours. We will send word to the units that they will be under your command. They will leave from Silver Claw post haste."

"I cannot speak for the other members of the Commonwealth government who are in hiding, but I can't see how they could take your assistance as anything other than a sign of good-will," Indraj-Andha nodded as he signed the agreement, "Payment will be made in two instalments, half now and half when their service is complete," he offered his hand to Yoshera, "Pleasure doing business with you,"

Yoshera shook the Ajhivan's hand curtly and nodded his head. "May this lead to better opportunities for all of us."

(Major)Sell army in Talis to Commonwealth of Aurora in exchange for 12 gold
(Major)Sell army in Rostrum to Collective in exchange for techonolgy
(Major)Reserach vehicle tracks

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Emperor Aurelius Daigoro and Jashiki, Isle of Oilean Uisce

Jashiki jerks and turns in a circle towards one loud high prayer. Moving through space and dropping onto the ship he looks around. His cloak down off his head and his one eye bright.

"Dia,"

"My name..." the Emperor replied as a cannonball flew by overhead, narrowly missing the mast of the ship, "is Daigoro!"

Jashiki shakes his head and raises a water whip to slap another cannonball out of the way of the ship.

"Too many mortal names. What is happening here?"

"The Luug have opened fire on us!" Badger growled, "They're flying the Republican flag, I assume they mean to land on Oilean Uisce,"

Glaring at the ships Jashiki crosses his arms and looks down at the kid.

"They can't. My enchantment stops harm, they can't even fire at the island. What are they thinking?!"

"Your enchantment stops them harming other mortals, but it won't stop them landing on the island?" Badger replied with a shrug, "Is that how the enchantment works?"

"It works that no harm can be done. They can land, but that's it. Cannons wouldn't work, fighting wouldn't work. The water benders would be able to fight almost because it's not fighting."

Jashiki glares at the ships and reaches out, closing his fist and shattering one of the masts.

"I guess they don't know that," Badger mused, "The Deep Tribes live a long way from here."

"If you don't mind me asking," Lar-Kai added as she jumped over a gaping hole in the starboard side of the deck, "But this ship is falling apart! Do you have somewhere you could take us?"

Frowning at Lar-Kai and grabbing her by her arm Jashiki reaches out and grabs Badger and Dai. Stepping through space he sets them down on floating island a few hundred yards from the bridge. Letting all three go.
"There, safe."
Back on the ship, Sam ran out of the cabin, his arms laden with supplies.

"Wait... oh," the old vampire sailor exclaimed, "No-one ever remembers me..."

Sam gets picked up and dropped behind them all. Jashiki looks back at him.

"Well, another vampire,"

"Ooah, that I be," the sailor nodded in appreciation. "Thanks," Daigoro added with a relieved smile, glancing around curiously at their surroundings, "Where are we now?"

Jashiki waves at the large castle behind them.

"We are one of the floating islands around your homeland. I built a castle here for those who need it."

"A safe place to rest," Badger nodded.

Jashiki nods and glares at the ships in the waters between them and the main island.

"Yes, the enchantment comes this far. Plus a few mothers and shields live here."

Daigoro ran up towards the castle, feeling safe for the first time since the assassination attempt in Aquilonia. He marvelled at it's size and the strange material it seemed to be constructed out of.

Jashiki looks after the running kid and opens his mouth to say something before closing it with a click. Wincing he turns back to the ships and says to Badger.

"Ignore the yell"

Ignoring the look from Badger. Inside the castle Kaius stepped around a corner and almost ran into the running emperor. Daigoro let out a cry and fell onto his knees, covering his eyes with his hands. His older brother grinned and gently uncovered the young Emperor's eyes, pulling on his cheek's playfully.

"It's me, silly," he said simply.

"Are... are you a ghost?" Daigoro asked hesitantly, "Am... am I dead?"

Jashiki steps up behind Daigoro and sets a hand on his shoulder.

"I raised him and almost 50 more. Your not dead. Though he is almost a ghost."

"He's right!" Kaius replied, rolling his eyes, "Jashiki brought me back and has been looking after me here. There's someone-else here too you'll want to meet,"

Jashiki makes a face and lifts the little emperor to his feet.

"Go in Kaius. Take your brother."

Badger climbed the steps after the group, his eyes widening in disbelief as Daigoro's brother stepped out of the castle. They stepped inside, he followed on their heels and the bodyguard's eyes widened even further as High Prince Aurelius emerged from the gloom, to be rewarded with the Emperor jumping into his arms with a shriek of joy.

Jashiki laughs softly at the second yell and shakes his head. Looking over the happy reunion and setting a hand on Badgers shoulder.
"The law will have to be changed. But it is good to see someone happy about this."

"Which law?" Lar-Kai asked as she approached with Sam behind her.

Shaking his head Jashiki rubs his face slowly.

"Undead can't become emperor."

"I'm not aware of anything forbidding it," Lar-Kai shrugged, "With such a young Emperor as Daigoro though, I would hope the succession wouldn't be relevant for many more years,"

"Nothing forbids it now. But that needs to change. It has to be iron clad. Because if it's not, they will try to use Kaius to raise another rebellion against Daigoro,"

"First we'll need to deal with that traitor Julius," Badger added with a growl, "Sitting in Mereton, pretending to be our Emperor,"

Jashiki looks down at Badger and makes a face.

"I have tried to stay out of this for many many years. I once had a talk with Maximus that he should draw those prone to rebellion out and get rid of them. But he couldn't."

"Now is that time," Aurelius interjected as he walked over the group, a tearful Daigoro under his arm, "My son tells me that a fleet of Luug are sailing on Oilean Uisce. We must make our stand here, or soon the Commonwealth will have no lands left to fight from,"

"How long has it been since the history of this island was common knowledge? They can not fight here. The water benders can almost fight and keep them out. You have another problem, a big one. And it sits in the south west half of your nation."

"We can do more than just push the Luug out," Aurelius replied forcefully, "I say we use the water-benders to force them to retreat outside the island boundaries, then launch a counterattack. Otherwise northern Ray-Das or Albur will be next,"

Looking down at the brought back mortal Jashiki walks over to the window and points at the ships that can be seen. They are much farther from the island than before, heading back towards the open ocean on giant waves.

"They are kicking them out. They are charged with the protection of this island, not the whole of the nation. That is the emperors job, and he has tools to do that. Even though he might not know about them."

"What do you suggest we do then?" Aurelius retorted, "Neither me nor Daigoro commands an army of our own, the Octavians must be shown that they aren't invincible. A victory is what we need right now,"

"The ouroboros are gathering. As well as others, including the other two heros." Jashiki glanced at Badger and away.

"Including the hero of vengeance. She is going to start moving, quickly and ruthlessly."

"I can see Aurelius' point," Badger added, "The Republic has never lost a battle, even a symbolic defeat would show that there is still hope for the Commonwealth. At a time like this, hope itself can be a powerful weapon,"

Jashiki turns away from the window and looks at the small group.

"Than do as you wish. But, Daigoro needs to see someone before you get crazy with killing."

"This is yours," Aurelius said to Daigoro, putting him down onto the floor and handing him a large box. It's a gift from Gangari, a spear of lordship. He wants to meet with you,"

Jashiki grabs Daigoro's shoulder and Kaius. Moving all three of them to another place. Hold with ice crawling up the walls. Letting them go he walks up to a gray and dark portal and sets his claws on it.

"Kaius, your duties are calling. Someone wishes to talk to the dead. Two spirits wish to cross, take your position to allow it."

Young Kaius sat down, allowing the spirits to feel his position and move across the boundaries between the living and dead. Two ethereal shapes appeared, that of two men, one old and one young. They smiled in unison when they saw the pair of brothers.

"So much like us," old Kaius whispered, raising his hand in greeting.

"Daigoro, I am very proud of you," Maximus nodded with a gentle smile, "There is something I need you to do."

Jashiki steps up and pulls up seats of water for everyone to sit.

"Your descendants need advice."

"What?" Daigoro asked wide-eyed, reaching out with a stubby finger to feel the space where the late Emperor's spirit sat. He felt like cold air.

"My Lord Deputy Aldren, you will find him in Albur. I believe Badger has the exact address in a letter given to him. Go to him and many truths will be revealed,"

"I will," the young Emperor nodded earnestly.

Jashiki leans his head against his fist and says softly.

"Kaius, tell him about your brother. Spirit Kaius"

"My brother was almost as young as you when he inherited the throne," Kaius said, "It was hard for him but Aurora prospered for it, as he chose the right regent. Well, after he got rid of Octavius anyway,"

"Give the people a large hand in choosing their regent," Maximus added, "After-all, they know their own interests best most of the time."

Jashiki looks over the four family members and sighs softly.

"Rebellion, and strife. And death. Things are starting to come full circle."

"They say history repeats itself," old Kaius agreed, "You should hear about the bloody wars that were fought when our grandfather Sirius came to the throne," he glanced at Jashiki, "But maybe another time,"

"Yes, another time. This time you will tell him why you chose to not draw out the poisons in Aurora,"

"Violence only begets more violence," Maximus shook his head sadly, "Sometimes you must choose between justice and peace, Daigoro,"

Nodding Jashiki points at Maximus.

"Justice and peace. You chose peace, and had quite a lot."

"For a time," Maximus mused, "Nothing in this world is permanent, however,"

"No it's not. But for this moment, enjoy the company of your living family. They have a job for the future. But here now they are just your descendants."

"Indeed," Maximus nodded, turning back to his grandsons, "Good luck, know that I will always be watching over you from somewhere,"

Smiling Jashiki stand and walks over setting his hands on the two spirits and looking at the undead and emperor brothers.

"They will always be watching over you."

"Goodbye," Daigoro replied, a single tear rolling down his cheek as the two ghosts vanished into thin air.

Jashiki stops for a few seconds to let him gather himself and moves them all back to the castle where the others were waiting.

Aurelius, Badger and the others were gathered around a map of Oilean Uisce, moving small wooden figurines and talking in low voices.

Jashiki looks over the small group again and smiles to himself. Turning and letting them do what they wish, disappearing silently and letting the mortals do what they do.

"Sounds like a plan," the High Prince nodded to the others as Daigoro bounced up besides him, "Tomorrow, we will ride,"

~

Master Ying, Babur hills, Suda Aurora

Ying and his accompanying Lyserian monks had been heading west since their instructions from Jashiki, crossing over into the sphere of the People's Republic to hunt the corruption that lurked within. They were only a few miles into the territory, among the Babur hills which lined the border between the Ray-Das and Suda Aurora, when to their disbelief they spotted another individual with a bounty on her head. They set off in pursuit after the flaming figure, at the height of her power this would have been extremely dangerous but now she seemed to move much slower, perhaps wounded even.

A small group of younger monks split off from the main body and circled around the nearest hill, suddenly appearing in front of their quarry just as she passed through a valley between the peak and it's closest sibling. Flames appeared suddenly out of the woman as she turned back towards the older crowd, her eyes burning with rage.

"Leave me alone!"

Ying didn't hesitate as he transformed himself into a torrent of water and splashed onto the creature, knocking her flat as her flames were extinguished. She struggled inside his watery mass until the other monks reached him and then took a hold of her hands, binding them hastily with iron-handcuffs as they pulled her out. Ying left out his breath and regained his solid form, kneeling before the bound woman with a satisfied smile.

"Katalia, weaver and hand of Lysei. Under the authority of the People's Republic of Aurora, I'm arresting you on the suspicion of murder, torture and treason. You have the right to remain silent, this may however be used as evidence against you in a future trial or tribunal. Further resistance will be seen as a crime unto itself."

Commonwealth of Aurora

(Major) - Form elite unit - Adorabeetle scouting squad
(Major) - Secret

(Major) - Settle south of Sungarde
(Major) - Settle even further south of Sungarde
(Major) - Upgrade Nau Ajivha to citadel

Adjust Auroran worship to 40 for Lysei, 52 for Jashiki, 20 for Gangari and 52 for Kharolean

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
A conversation

As day became night for Indraj-Alika he suddenly found himself sitting at a table across from Gangari. Looking at him with tired eyes Gangari frowned slightly and said "We need to talk." he paused briefly but noticeably, "Without work the republic is going to be torn apart before it accomplishes its purpose and what remains of old Ajivha will be lost in the process."

"The Octavian system has it's flaws, but we're working on correcting them," Indraj nodded in reply as he took in his new surroundings, "Sometimes the old must stand aside for the new, Ajivha will survive, it always has,"

"I'm not talking about the Octavian system." Gangari replied, "Your son has purchased the services of enough mercenaries to invade these lands with or without the rest of the commonwealth and he plans to do so when the lands are rendered vulnerable by civil problems." He placed a list of names beginning with Faustus Caeso on the table as he continued, "And then there's this. Each person on this list has been judged to be using the revolution for their own purposes. The severity of their threat determines their position on it from highest to lowest, first to last. The first fifty or so are direct agents of the Zayin."

"Are you sure?" Indraj exclaimed with raised eyebrows as he scanned through the list, "Faustus Caeso is a dear friend of mine and I'd trust him with my life. I thought the Zayin had disappeared years ago, after the last civil war?"

"I'm sure." Gangari replied, "As for the Zayin, my daughter was to inform you but it seems she didn't. Caeso has been using his position to reattempt their objectives of the last civil war. The assassination and replacement of the monarchy, and the subjugation of the Driders."

"This... I don't understand," the old man muttered, "Caeso was the whole driving force behind this, the first one I shared A People's Republic with, the one who organised the meetings with Rogaan. If I could not see that, am I worthy to lead any nation?"

"That's not something I can tell you," Gangari replied, "With everything that's happened you've done what you can. In this task, you've just trusted the wrong person. As you said, you thought she had disappeared years ago as did many others."

"Alas, the value of hindsight, " Indraj agreed, "Do you have any advice for me on this matter? I suppose those on the list will have to be dealt with,"

"Advice, yes but not entirely about the list," Gangari replied. "The Collective is preparing to deal with the list as using anyone within your state to do this has more risks than not. However, any way this is handled causes further problems. If something is done in the case of the officials, my children think it likely they'll have been preparing for if they're discovered. Subtle or Blunt it'll be noticed if they're purged. Those on the list that have power will turn it on anyone they think is involved as had happened in the last civil war. If they realize anyone else within the state was involved they'll turn on them as well. Your son and the rest of the commonwealth in general will use the discord between states to invade... what remains of Ajivha would be lost in the ensuing fires. On the other hand if nothing is done, they'll kill or find excuse to kill anyone they decide they cannot control and said war happens either way."

"Very well," Indraj-Alika nodded, "I will endeavour to save Ajivha, by whatever means necessary. Thank you for telling me this,"

Gangari started nodding briefly before stopping and shaking it instead for a moment "There's another problem Indraj and in it a solution." He sighed, "Long ago, during the fall as you should remember, I swore an oath that Ajivha would be free. After Aurora moved into the city, there were those as you should remember who felt I was breaking my oath by letting it happen. When the Justiciars left to found the Collective, I convinced them to follow the Justiciars rather than revolt and be cut down by Aurora. I convinced them by promising that they would control their home again one day... I thought Gokvahar might be enough but as they've said it isn't Ajivha. They carry it as an idea in their hearts but it's not enough. They're tired of waiting, they're afraid for their children's future, and coming here the way they have to deal with Aurora's problems has made them lose their patience." He sighed again and looked into his eyes with eyes that almost pleaded "They want to rebuild the Sammah Ajivha-Tahna and they want you to join them in this, they want the city to join them in this. They have a plan to fix everything, to heal the schism and to stop things from burning again. But they can't do it without this."

"I'm afraid it's far too late for that, we are all Aurorans now," Indraj-Alika replied simply, "My son is half-Novaren by blood, my granddaughters' three-quarters. It is the same story across Ajivha, I would not be surprised if pure-blooded Ajivhans are a minority in this age, particularly in the newer territories. The people would never support leaving the motherland now," he paused, "Perhaps there is a way union could be achieved however. Why not ask your Collective to join with the People's Republic of Aurora? Together, we could reform Aurora from the inside and make it work for every citizen. That is what Octavianism is all about, uniting mortals the world over, not dividing us yet more,"

Gangari shook his head slightly as Indraj talked. A moment after he finished speaking a melodic and tinny voice came from behind Indraj "If you hold Aurora so high, Ajivha must simply be the sand under your feet now. Would you leave?" The voice was given form as an automaton with an appearance not unlike the long dead Vazin Andha in his final days walked into his view from behind, stood to the right of the small table, and began to stare into his eyes.

"This sectarianism will destroy Ajivha, as it almost did over thirty years ago in the Ajivhan civil war," Indraj-Alika replied darkly, squinting at the odd automaton, "Peace between the natives and settlers was hard won and even now in these troubled times still holds, let's not throw that away,"

"If it stays in Auroran hands they'll destroy it either way." The automaton replied, "Decades ago an Auroran invasion built on lies brought the wrath of the corrupter on the city and Aurora's apology came in the form of an army coming during the civil war to murder it and everything around it. Decades before that the Auroran army and Lysei cultists walked into the city and slaughtered us without reason. In the North, Aurorans are plotting to put the city to the fire a fourth time and your son is engineering it no less. All that we want is peace, but what you're calling peace clearly isn't peace if the 'settlers' are so happy to throw these lands to the fire so often."

"So what you propose to make peace is to bring more war and division to our lands?" Indraj shook his head sadly, "What is your plan to deal with the multitudes who identify as Auroran, whether Republican or traditionalist? Murder them all? Succeed and you'd win an empty wasteland. The Gangari I knew as a youth valued knowledge above all else, not trying to turn mortalfolk to each other's throats."

After a few moments of silence Gangari spoke "Indraj. I don't want to be here and I don't want this. They asked me to convince you to join their cause and even then half of them wanted to simply gas the streets and convince the populace to join them afterwards. When you were a youth, when the fires were still raging outside I cautioned you against letting the Aurorans into the city again knowing they'd annex it. But I didn't stop you, it was the decision of the city to put that power in your hands thinking you wise enough to decide." He paused, "I haven't done a single thing with the thought to turn men to eachothers throats, they've been doing that themselves and what I've done to stop it has been rendered ineffective by the constant scheming. Any progress I make is by thinking on a scale men aren't designed to and convincing others to do the same and even that's going wrong... If I let you make your choices I need to let them make theirs."

Rederick walked out of the shadows behind Gangari and spoke, "We don't want to kill anyone. The multitudes you speak of can join us, leave the city, or be gassed and dealt with as we see fit. If I were to walk away from this and tell them Ajivha isn't going to be liberated, they would revolt and do it anyway after so many years of convincing them this day would come."

Ashlif appeared at the left side of the table looking passively at the exchange as it happened.

"Ajivha does not need 'liberating' from anyone, it is as free as it has ever been as a state of the People's Republic, run by the people for the people," Indraj said after a pause, "You suggest forcing people from their homes, or even gassing them, and think that I would ever go along with this? I will have no part in this scheme," he folded his arms defiantly, turning to Gangari, "And you say you don't want this, yet help them by bringing them here? The Collective are your people Gangari, if they have even the slightest respect for your authority then they will listen to you. Ask them to lay down their arms and we in turn would welcome the return of the separated into our lands, as brothers rather than conquerors,"

"The respect they have for me will mean nothing if I betray their trust now." Gangari replied, "I don't want this, but they do and they've wanted this for decades. They listened, and I told them to wait and I told them there are better paths. I tried to walk them away from this but now... If I said no, they would still do it. They have as much will as you do. If I had told you not to force the revolution on the rest of the Commonwealth, would you still have?"

After a moment the Automaton spoke, "You say Ajivha is free and yet you call yourself an Auroran. The opinion of the people is that this city is under an occupation, a long one but still an occupation. In the same way that the lands you've been running a campaign against are being occupied by Octavians. If they're fighting you the way they have, have you considered that they don't want to be Octavians? You wanted us to gas them and clearly expected us to go along with it. We're offering a choice for you to avoid this entirely and leave, how many have you offered that to? We want the city. We don't want the souls inside if they're unwilling. This discussion is happening because we're trying to be reasonable."

"I call myself an Auroran because I am one, as is every Ajivhan. The vast majority of us see no problem with that," Indraj replied shortly, before adding, "You haven't been entirely clear, when you say you want the city where exactly do you mean? Grand Ajivha? The surrounding area?"

"Grand Ajivha and the land directly around it. The land in which the ancestors dwelt." The automaton replied, "Any less and the demand would spread to the rest of what is now known as Ajivha,"

"Very well, I have nothing more to say to you," Indraj said to the automaton, before turning back to Gangari, "I ask this then as a friend rather than a leader, if we are still friends. Could you show us the respect to stay out of the inevitable conflict and let us mortals decide the matter ourselves?"

"I wasn't going to place this any further in their favour than it already is," Gangari replied. "Neither side has my favour in this."

"Thank you," Indraj-Alika said simply, sighing deeply as he did so, "Good bye, Gangari,"

Gangari nodded with a sad look in his eyes and disappeared. However the others remained, after a moment Ashlif asked "Are you going to fight us?"

"You mean here and now?" the old man smiled to himself, "I think I have a few too many years to manage that. I will lead my people in defending their homeland if necessary however, as long as there is still a breath in my body,"

"No," she replied, "and we're sorry that it's come to this," And then they disappeared and Indraj found himself sitting on his bed with the list beside him.

[hr]

Gangari appeared in the quarters of Wen Sung as he slept. He left an envelope containing a list identical to the one he had given Indraj in an open place for him to find alongside a note with the words "I didn't want this . I'm sorry" on it before he left.

[hr]

Immediately after the discussion the voice of a woman pried its way into the minds of those within Grand Ajivha, the voice while unknown to most felt oddly familiar. The details of what the voice said varied to the individual, though the message was common. If you surrender, you'll be allowed to leave if you want.

A few minutes after the voice stopped long streaking lights could be seen in the night sky, followed by the sounds of explosions. With these explosions a red coloured gas began to spread through the streets like a fog, first making those who breathed it in manic, then tired, then unconscious.

The gas spread slowly and from multiple points throughout the streets and into buildings, as this happened there were occurrences throughout the city of the particularly young and old and pious being spared by the gas, it passing around them with little explanation.

As the gas enveloped the city, faceless men clad in silver began falling from the sky and into the cloud of it.

[hr]

At some point in the month Gangari appeared in the home of Valerys again. He hadn't made his presence known, Valerys was dealing with enough as it was. He placed the second tome in his bedroom, at a time he had made sure that Valerys would be the first one to discover it. It had taken effort to write the concepts into the book and reality itself. Ritual was difficult and placing it in the hands of mortals made precision even more important.

Three copies of each tome was made in the end. One of each to Valerys, one of each to Cawles, and one of each hidden away should they ever be needed.

He appeared in the ship Cawles was travelling in. He had noticed that it had been some time since she had been in her homeland... She had become too placid he felt some times in the Collective and it was good to see her willing when he had asked her to act as his envoy to the Krakari. He placed copies of the tomes on a table near her bed and disappeared again. They'd likely be speaking again soon enough.

[hr]

Indraj and Jubal sat silently in one of the chambers of the temple as scribes discussed near them. Dolmak had left for the Grat Shae weeks ago to act as the Collective's envoy to them and their Luug population. Plans and messages moved out constantly almost to the same beat as the rockets firing in the distance.

It was going to be a long month. Everyone had been preparing for it and all but a few wanted it... As Rederick sat waiting and thinking occasionally a blur of thought came into his head, either from one of his officers or his sister. Over the years her strength had grown substantially and when he reconnected to the gestalt once in awhile it was odd to see things so clearly. With her senses it was less a thousand cobbled images, now it was he wondered if it was anything akin to how his father saw the world.

Everything was so vivid and expansive yet compact. The movement of so many... He disconnected his thoughts from it. That was enough, he hadn't meant to join it again and the longer he was part of it, the harder it was to pull away.

Thinking back to what had led here... It was going to be a long month.

- 14/21 AP

- Teach scholars of the Krakari republic a way to produce an Aetheric shield, capable of stopping fast moving objects. It is reliant upon the well-like Aetheric generators granted to the Krakari previously.
- Action is difficulty 11, with a cost of 4 AP. Total domain bonus applied to the roll is +8.
- Should have 10/21 AP at end of turn.

Major - Invade Grand Ajivha using the First Legion.
Major - Invade Grand Ajivha using the Second Legion.
Minor - Utilize the Occultist, Wraith Vanguard, and Zalya Shock Troop Elite Units in the Invasion.
Minor - Use Ashlif to grant a sort of "Tactical Omniscience" to the forces invading Grand Ajivha through her senses and the Gestalt Consciousness of the Legionary forces that she manages.
Minor - Utilize refined spore gas in the invasion.
Minor - Release a black swarm if Auroran forces utilize Genned creatures in their defence.

Major - Sabotage defences in Grand Ajivha.

Major - Train an Elite Unit - Inquisitorial Guard.

Major - Train an Elite Unit - Shapers.