Name Game: Luke's Legacy Part 3

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Jack punched Lady Gaga !!?
That settles it! Jack is now officially my most favorite character of this Series :D

jtesauro

Freelance Detective
Nov 8, 2009
Is that a "Run Lola Run" movie poster I saw when the guys were playing games together on the couch?

If so, awesome, I loved that movie.

jtesauro

Freelance Detective
Nov 8, 2009
WingedFortress said:
You know your comic strip is skimming rock bottom when an origin story makes the characters even MORE un-relatable as result.

Also, the lady gaga joke was so LAAAME. So are all the characters. Losers. Its the most uneventful comic Ive ever read and if I was someone at the escapist I would be working fucking tirelessly to get it off my website. Like seriously, crappy art, consistently bad jokes, stupid cliche ridden characters...I could go on.

This piece of shit shouldnt be allowed to share the same domain as Critical Miss.

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest. I'm never clicking on Name Game again.
Ok two things here.

First, ok you don't like it the comic strip. You're making that much very clear. Now is there really no other way for you to get this opinion across without being a complete douche? Criticism is one thing, and everything should be criticized on its merits, but this isn't you saying, "I didn't like this because it does this thing that rubbed me the wrong way, or they could have done this instead", you offer nothing constructive, you just say it's crap. Which frankly, is kinda useless, and disrespectful to the creator.

Second, you realize everything you claimed you didn't like was entirely subjective? You don't like the art, that's fine. There are comics I stopped reading because the art just sort of rubbed me the wrong way, but that doesn't mean I think the artist is shite. To do so is both insulting, and potentially harmful if we were in an environment where those sort of comments impacted earning potentials, ( I don't believe/know that they do here ).

Seriously. Don't be a cock.

WingedFortress

Detective
Feb 5, 2008
jtesauro said:
WingedFortress said:
You know your comic strip is skimming rock bottom when an origin story makes the characters even MORE un-relatable as result.

Also, the lady gaga joke was so LAAAME. So are all the characters. Losers. Its the most uneventful comic Ive ever read and if I was someone at the escapist I would be working fucking tirelessly to get it off my website. Like seriously, crappy art, consistently bad jokes, stupid cliche ridden characters...I could go on.

This piece of shit shouldnt be allowed to share the same domain as Critical Miss.

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest. I'm never clicking on Name Game again.
Ok two things here.

First, ok you don't like it the comic strip. You're making that much very clear. Now is there really no other way for you to get this opinion across without being a complete douche? Criticism is one thing, and everything should be criticized on its merits, but this isn't you saying, "I didn't like this because it does this thing that rubbed me the wrong way, or they could have done this instead", you offer nothing constructive, you just say it's crap. Which frankly, is kinda useless, and disrespectful to the creator.

Second, you realize everything you claimed you didn't like was entirely subjective? You don't like the art, that's fine. There are comics I stopped reading because the art just sort of rubbed me the wrong way, but that doesn't mean I think the artist is shite. To do so is both insulting, and potentially harmful if we were in an environment where those sort of comments impacted earning potentials, ( I don't believe/know that they do here ).

Seriously. Don't be a cock.
Eurgh.

1. Criticism by nature is subjective. Just like your perception of how harsh mine was.

2. The Criticism I offered was completely representative of how I felt about the comic, and offered a method as to solve the issues I bring up. e.g. They could write a new comic with brand new characters, setting and sense of humor.

3. To be more constructive I would have had to point out the places that I enjoyed and offered idea's to the writer/artist as to where to improve the places I did not. Unfortunately, I think the whole thing is an un-redeemable mess and therefore I can only say that I hate it all.

4. If earning potentials were impacted then it would obviously be a good thing(for you) because, unless you just skipped to the last page of this, most of the posts are little pats on the back from people who enjoy the work.

So, try and get past the opposite nature of my post to your opinion. It's 100% valid, and unless you want me to debunk yours because it's too positive, I don't think we have anything left to say here.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
i am not sure how I feel, I chucked but not much else. I guess it says something that I looking forward to next week.