Name Game: Wilhelm's Work

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
If you count the numbers as if you were actually saying them (ie. twenty-nine) then he actually says 33 or thirty three words...
If you count the written number as it is on the comic (ie. 29 is a single word) then it is indeed 29 words. I have the tally marks to prove if you'd like a picture....

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
Legion said:
felixader said:
Ahem, sorry if i ask but what is the joke here?
He only said 28 words before he screamed I believe, so he screamed to make it 29.
No the joke is that there are some really creepy ass fanboys who know way too much about really obscure shit and then go to game stores expecting everyone there to be equally creepy and weird and appreciate their "dedication" (which in reality is basically stalking without all the illegal stuff). I frequent the Games Workshop near me and people like this always walk in.... The employees and I tend to mock them relentlessly.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Vault Citizen said:
Mr. Omega said:
I prefer this scream over the Wilhelm one.

But yeah, this was a good one, and now I will count the words that guy said.
I counted only 25
You have to count the numbers as a word, then it makes twenty nine. Well played though.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
dubious_wolf said:
Legion said:
felixader said:
He only said 28 words before he screamed I believe, so he screamed to make it 29.
No the joke is that there are some really creepy ass fanboys who know way too much about really obscure shit and then go to game stores expecting everyone there to be equally creepy and weird and appreciate their "dedication" (which in reality is basically stalking without all the illegal stuff). I frequent the Games Workshop near me and people like this always walk in.... The employees and I tend to mock them relentlessly.
Ah, ok thanks that makes a bit more sense.

But somehow the whole deal wasn't very funny to me. And i really liked the last three Strips before that. :p

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
In the expanded universe Boba Fett escaped the sarlac pit.... three times... I think. Might be off by one or two in either direction. I also belive he has a rather high jedi kill count as well.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
ahahaha, that was great. This is the kind of thing that I like about this comic... don't ask me what that is, but it is.

and yes I counted too

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Nice that you counted!
Does that mean that he can do another cycle of 29 now, or is done?
...just bugs me...

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
Mmmmm... Alix........

What can I say? I am a sucker for a brunette with a cute nose. Which is why I will never leave the Escapist - Alix, Erin Stout and Kathleen...
Add Tally to that list and I agree... what?

Seriously though, I am sad enough that I actually counted the guy's words. And I love hearing the Wilhelm scream, it's sort of a film geek's hidden sign nowadays in films. I always look out for it whenever I see a film now that has scenes where people are screaming. Always a joy to hear. And of course, every single Star Wars film has it at least once... :D.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Legion said:
felixader said:
You must have miscounted, because he said 29 words, then the scream. Trust me, I checked. Yes, I am sad like that.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
To everyones delight, Boba Fett didn't die in the sarlacc (those thinks take a thousand years to properly digest someone, and beskar armor is good for something). He does appear in the expanded universe, and he's still kicking ass.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Mr. Omega said:
I prefer this scream over the Wilhelm one.

But yeah, this was a good one, and now I will count the words that guy said.
Whenever I hear this scream, I'm thinking Star Wars and Half-Life 2.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Trivun said:
Legion said:
felixader said:
You must have miscounted, because he said 29 words, then the scream. Trust me, I checked. Yes, I am sad like that.
Actually I didn't count at all, I just assumed it was supposed to be the joke. Although someone else has quoted me and explained it isn't, so I now have no idea why he screams.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Mysnomer said:
Madara XIII said:
Damn that would have been awesome though, to have him come back. Too bad he had a crappy death just like his dad.
You know he didn't actually die. He was rescued by another bounty hunter. Granted, this is in novels published later, and some people ignore them as canon, but I think they're a pretty valid source.
if their treated as canon by lucas studios they are official canon

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
Madara XIII said:
standokan said:
That guy may have a Boba FettISH *badum-tish*
LMAO! The moment he screamed I automatically remembered Boba Fett's horrible and abrubt death vividly......He screamed like a wuss XD
*Faceslap* Oh, now I get why he screamed...

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
VondeVon said:
Madara XIII said:
standokan said:
That guy may have a Boba FettISH *badum-tish*
LMAO! The moment he screamed I automatically remembered Boba Fett's horrible and abrubt death vividly......He screamed like a wuss XD
*Faceslap* Oh, now I get why he screamed...
LOL yeah here's the video of his screw up. It starts at 3:40

<youtube=AELImg_jnBA&feature=related>

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
To all of those who fail at counting...
He does say 29 words. That's including the numbers, which are being counted as "twenty-nine" and "twenty-seven", so each spoken number is one word.