Naruto is finally over. after all these years...

viscomica

Aug 6, 2013
I liked it at first but then it got more boring and crappier and it just got to the point I was done with it.
Is it finally over?
Good!

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
I'm glad Kishimoto has finally given up and just decided to give his readers the slash-fic nobody wanted. What a shitty ending.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Going to be honest. The series was "mildly" interesting at first, but by the time you keep killing characters, and they just keep coming back.... well..... how to put it... it makes the series horrible... theres no consequences, cuz some dumb ninja art, appears has a plot twist to explain every single stupidity that happens within this world.

Am i glad it's gone? YES!!

Am i watching the anime? Well .... still yes...

Even if i hate the story (what it has become), and a majority of it's characters (excuses of a lazy series), i still want to see the Tales of Obito unfolding and seeing what Naruto kids look like...

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
LarsInCharge said:
If this ending had happened after the Pain arc, I could call this series the best of the Big Three and call it good.

But no... Kishimoto had to drag the series into the toilet bowl that was the final two arcs, undermine everything he had written for the point of stupid plot twists.

So it's dead, and while the ending was decent, the last part of the series make me say "Thank you for dying" rather than "I'll miss you"
Yeah Kishimoto "had to drag it out" he was on contract to Shueisha and Naruto is his first and will probably be his only ever hit so he has literally no control the only reason it's ending is that Shueisha has some very popular young series to replace it when Kishimoto first wanted to end it they didn't so told him no.

The good news is that with any future manga Kishimoto writes he will have nearly complete control just like Togashi with HxH.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
TitanAtlas said:
Going to be honest. The series was "mildly" interesting at first, but by the time you keep killing characters, and they just keep coming back.... well..... how to put it... it makes the series horrible... theres no consequences, cuz some dumb ninja art, appears has a plot twist to explain every single stupidity that happens within this world.

Even if i hate the story (what it has become), and a majority of it's characters (excuses of a lazy series), i still want to see the Tales of Obito unfolding and seeing what Naruto kids look like...

Only 3 named characters have been saved from death Gaara, Kakashi and Shizune everyone else who died is dead at the end.

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
P-89 Scorpion said:
TitanAtlas said:

Only 3 named characters have been saved from death Gaara, Kakashi and Shizune everyone else who died is dead at the end.
Not entirely true...

Choza Akimichi, Hinata, and Ebisu were all killed during the Pein arc as well.

Plus, I think he's referring to the Final War arc where literally every named character in the series made an appearance, dead or not.

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
ISearchForTraps said:
Lieju said:
KazeAizen said:
I like how everyone hates on the state Sakura is in when in actuality it makes sense. War is gone. Sure Sasuke is still on his walk about and there are still Kages but it would appear that war between the great nations is just gone and done forever. I mean Temari and Shikamaru got married and Karui and Choji got married. Ninjas from two different villages hooking up I'm sure was unheard of before. There is nothing to fight anymore and it shows. Instead of building more advanced weapons or whatever we see they are focusing on advancing their society as a whole.
We see her cleaning a house. That's how we are introduced to her in the final chapter.
She could have been shown as focusing to actually advance the society. She is a medical ninja for Cthulhu's sake! How about show her as a doctor? A leader in the peacetime?
Leading humanitarian missions to provide medical aid? Saving people?? Getting hospitals built?

But no, let's show her as cleaning her house and imply her greatest achievement was to make a kid with the asshole she had an unhealthy crush on.
And tried to kill her, twice.
I would say "Still better than Twilight" but honestly, it's about the same. Which is really fucking creepy.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
LarsInCharge said:
P-89 Scorpion said:
TitanAtlas said:

Not entirely true...

Choza Akimichi, Hinata, and Ebisu were all killed during the Pein arc as well.

Plus, I think he's referring to the Final War arc where literally every named character in the series made an appearance, dead or not.
None of those 3 characters died, Choji asked Tsunade and she said he was alive but wounded, Ebisu was saved by Konohamaru (read chapter 427 for both). As for Hinata she was healed by Sakura not resurrected (read chapter 443).

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
MiskWisk said:
Hades said:
So Sasuke got off scot free after all despite having murdered a world leader, taken the arm of another world leader and tried to abduct said leaders brother as well as murder innocent guards and join not one but two madman that tried to take over the world? That's a bit weak.
To be fair, the world leader he killed was hated by pretty much everyone and tried to brainwash another world leader into giving him command of an alliance of the worlds military forces. I imagine at the reading of his crimes, they would have gone through all of them and had a little footnote at the end saying "Killed Danzo" in really tiny font.

Anyway, good to see the thing finally get put down. I feel like it was the dog from Of Mice and Men for a couple of people, me included. Just limped on and on with more and more people saying to just put the poor thing down. God knows the fourth war arc was awful.

Still, I am curious to see what the result is on the shipping community. The NaruSaku/NaruHina fights are always amusing and I can imagine that a couple other pairings are going to bring a few angry words. Also, "Bolt"? Seriously? Who the hell calls their kid Bolt? Hell, what kind of Japanese culture are they in where Bolt is an acceptable name? He should have just gone with the cliche "named for a loved one" shtick.

Finally, what happened to Orochimaru? I can understand them letting Sasuke off (barely) but him? Guy was a nut job and I highly doubt the movie is going to cover him since they are bringing in a new villain who was mysteriously absent for the revival of his ancestor and did nothing to help her despite the fact that she left an immortal assistant behind who could have easily tracked him down. Ugh. I'm beginning to consider myself a masochist for putting up with this stuff. Oh well, I've got Kenchi618's fanfics, I'll just get started with the process of head canon changing to accept his stuff as canon and Kishimoto is the fanfic writer.

Bolt is Boruto in Japanse just like Neji means Screw. Boruto in kanji is a Japanese wordplay/pun combining both Naruto and Neji's names with lightning bolt from the Yondaime's flying thunder god technique that really does not translate to English.

As to Orochimaru I thing being responsible in helping heal all 5 Kage and resurrecting the 4 Hokage without whom they would have lost the war would go quite away to getting a pardon.

They are shinobi after all and not nice look at the Raikage having Hinata kidnapped so they could cut her eyes out.

angryfish

Oct 11, 2010
Xannieros said:
I've never read the manga but the anime has so much filler it kills the anime as a whole for me.
I started with the anime, then switched to the manga when the flashbacks got too much. I remember when I was rereading the manga and my sister just happened to be watching an episode that I'd just read - when Sasuke fights Orochimaru in shippuden, there's a sequence in the anime that lasts pretty much the entire episode, with him standing in the doorway having flashback after flashback, whereas in the manga it's 3 panels. 3 panels!

And the anime ruined my favourite fight in the series (seriously what was up with the animation in the pain vs 8 tailed naruto fight?)

More on topic, I actually feel more or less satisfied with the series. It could have done with way more epilogue (though I read somewhere that the publisher wouldn't let Kishi do very many more chapters, hence everything getting squished down and having the movie instead), and there were things that bugged me, but I leave happy that it actually ended, and while not being groundbreaking or anything, I thought the lead up to the end was handled pretty well too.

As a side note, the last fight had me wondering: was Sasuke deliberately made left handed from the beginning just so that him and Naruto could look like their lost arms were holding hands?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
angryfish said:
As a side note, the last fight had me wondering: was Sasuke deliberately made left handed from the beginning just so that him and Naruto could look like their lost arms were holding hands?
That's giving Kishimoto way too much credit.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Queen Michael said:
angryfish said:
That's giving Kishimoto way too much credit.
I remember reading that he already knew how he wanted their last fight to end, at least from a visual perspective. He just had no idea how to get there.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
P-89 Scorpion said:
TitanAtlas said:

Counting the duzens of characters that "died",but were secretly alive (by some retard justsu), and those who were ressurected (by stupid magical plot twist), these are the names i remembered....

-Sarutobi (alive with retard Undead awakening whatevermagic ritual);
-Yodaime (alive with some undead blablabla awakening magical spell.... ehrm ritual);
-Asuma (appeared in the war..... ressurected. Why? To bring 3 episodes worth of flashbacks....);
-Chiyo-whatever-sama(Kabuto ressurected her to annoy me...);
-Gaara (meh.....);
-Zabuza (Cuz Kakashi didn't battle enough?);
-Gekkou Hayate (Cuz the war needed everyone);
-THE ENTIRE LEAF VILLAGE (oh wait that baddude is making some ritual to ressurect everyone.... oh.... ok then,,,);
-Haku (cuz Zabuza....);
-Obito (Cuz surviving magic non-killing giant boulders);
-Madara (Cuz..... i don't even know.... Retard Jutsus plot-twistezzzzzz);
-Akatsuki Members (Cuz i don't even give a dam anymore);

Now i don't remember everyone, but theres a hell load of more characters that 'escaped death' through some STUPID excuse, and many more that keep appearing even tough they are "dead".

If people can ressurect people constantly then.... why even fight? Also if ressurected people can gain controlof themselfs then.... they are technicly alive!!

-Looking at Sasuke's brother wich name i forgot!!

What annoys me is that they set a Universe with understanding mechanics, and they constantly break the laws they created in exchange of really stupid "plot twists". No one ever dies. And IF someone dies they either ressurect or we discovered that the "Ultimate attack" they suffered, was not enough to kill them for they had some Rule-breaking jutsu that teleported them elsewhere....

Not even the series understands it's own mechanics... It's not a good series. It's cool to watch? Sometimes yes. But overall the series are riddled with "plot twists" that break the fluidity of the universe, and a hell load of flashbacks. Each episode is 60% flashback.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
TitanAtlas said:
P-89 Scorpion said:
TitanAtlas said:

Counting the duzens of characters that "died",but were secretly alive (by some retard justsu), and those who were ressurected (by stupid magical plot twist), these are the names i remembered....

-Sarutobi (alive with retard Undead awakening whatevermagic ritual);
-Yodaime (alive with some undead blablabla awakening magical spell.... ehrm ritual);
-Asuma (appeared in the war..... ressurected. Why? To bring 3 episodes worth of flashbacks....);
-Chiyo-whatever-sama(Kabuto ressurected her to annoy me...);
-Gaara (meh.....);
-Zabuza (Cuz Kakashi didn't battle enough?);
-Gekkou Hayate (Cuz the war needed everyone);
-THE ENTIRE LEAF VILLAGE (oh wait that baddude is making some ritual to ressurect everyone.... oh.... ok then,,,);
-Haku (cuz Zabuza....);
-Obito (Cuz surviving magic non-killing giant boulders);
-Madara (Cuz..... i don't even know.... Retard Jutsus plot-twistezzzzzz);
-Akatsuki Members (Cuz i don't even give a dam anymore);

Now i don't remember everyone, but theres a hell load of more characters that 'escaped death' through some STUPID excuse, and many more that keep appearing even tough they are "dead".

If people can ressurect people constantly then.... why even fight? Also if ressurected people can gain controlof themselfs then.... they are technicly alive!!

-Looking at Sasuke's brother wich name i forgot!!

What annoys me is that they set a Universe with understanding mechanics, and they constantly break the laws they created in exchange of really stupid "plot twists". No one ever dies. And IF someone dies they either ressurect or we discovered that the "Ultimate attack" they suffered, was not enough to kill them for they had some Rule-breaking jutsu that teleported them elsewhere....

Not even the series understands it's own mechanics... It's not a good series. It's cool to watch? Sometimes yes. But overall the series are riddled with "plot twists" that break the fluidity of the universe, and a hell load of flashbacks. Each episode is 60% flashback.

Oh you meant the very short term Edo Tensei stuff that was first shown in chapter 118 (episode 69) right near the beginning of Naruto gotcha. (oh and Gekkou came back as anime filler because filler)

RavingSturm

May 21, 2014
Didnt like it. No pay off for me. The fact that Sasuke's head wasnt mounted on a spike inspite of everything that happened shows a lack of sacs on the part of the writer and publisher. They're ending it but at the same time they're already teasing a mini-series sequel just to gauge interest.

RK Kedd

Nov 15, 2014
The ending was nice but not really satisfying because Naruto did not end up with Sakura despite many hints and in order to pair Naruto up with Hinata he sacrificed Sakura's character. All the 698 chapters of character development became meaningless when she ended up with Sasuke. Also he did not even attempt to develop Hinata's relationship with Naruto throughout the story which was contrary to what he did with Naruto and Sakura.

Anyone who didn't like the ending leave a comment on what thought about Naruto ending so that Kishimoto can know.

http://shonenjump.thank-you-masashi-kishimoto.sgizmo.com/s3/

Also if you are a hardcore Naruto x Sakura fan or just didn't like the pairings in general then also sign this petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/naruto-banned-in-usa

Before you ask no Naruto won't get banned. It will only serve as a number that this many people are not satisfied with the ending possibly leading to the creation of and alternate end and miniseries.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
...and they all lived happily ever after.

I just found hilarious how all the children were EXACTLY mini-versions of their parents.

RK Kedd

Nov 15, 2014
If you are a hardcore Naruto x Sakura fan or just didn't like the pairings in general then sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/masashi-kishimoto-masashi-kishimoto-we-want-that-you-did-another-manga-for-narusaku-fans-narusaku-fans-are-angry-and-they-very-upset-so-we-want-another-manga-for-narusaku-fans-with-happy-ending#share

This petition seems more reliable than the other one and does not demand banning of Naruto.