National Guard called into Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Looks like the cops arrested a CNN reporter on live air.

These cops are seriously stupid, not only a arresting a reporter who is on live air and that offered to move to wherever they wanted him and his crew, but hes also black. They are all "lets give the rioters more reason to hate is and riot, yay, wooohoo, great idea steve."

Sounds like the cops released them after they confirmed their credentials at the station, but still a really really bad look.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

How dare anyone have materials nearby to help treat tear gas exposure.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
They're arresting people now. They're enforcing the curfew

The cops rolled in and just drop a shit ton of tear gas on the crowd and are making arrests

Live news outlet in Minnesota if you're interested
Guess they’ve decided “they’re all out of state white nationalists” is good enough

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia

I love how Liv there saw people upset that the police were destroying property and thought she could use that to own the libs.... Some of these people are really delusional.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

1) Most likely stolen, a lot of looted supplies have been getting used in such a way

2) That's likely a base of operations for some of the rioters and it makes sense to remove said supplies when the goal is to try and stop the Riots.

Guess they’ve decided “they’re all out of state white nationalists” is good enough
It seems to be an easy narrative being set up to get the public to either be on side or at least not care about the Police action when they "Are only White nationalists they're attack so they deserve it" or something when in reality it's masking a likely brutal crackdown against people who aren't White Nationalists.

I think it's worth reminding people about the impact the riots are having on ordinary people at this point.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Officer they’re “mourning?” State trooper who got run over in March.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Every time I think Minneapolis PD can't fuck this up anymore, they take that as a challenge...

Reactions: Revnak

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia

Another unicorn riot video. Around two hours 15 minutes the cops force them into a building despite being press and earlier they nearly got drive by pepper sprayed.

It mostly seems to be video of people acting peacefully and cops being violent.

Unicorn Riot is probably worth subscribing to, they keep uploading big live streamed recordings of raw video that really show what's going on without any bias.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Rumours so far of 4 people killed by the riots.

On the first night there was attempted looting at a pawn shop and claims the owner tried to defend his business with a shotgun before a Rioter pulled a gun in return.

The shop owner and Looter are alleged to have shot one another and were being worked on by paramedics protected by police on the pavement.

There are also scenes like this.

Every time I think Minneapolis PD can't fuck this up anymore, they take that as a challenge...
2 questions regarding that video.

1) what's with the masks when it's their own home if they're all obeying Lockdown rules?

2) Why does the video end seemingly with them opening the door again having been told to get inside?

It's not great form on the police but something smells off here.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
2 questions regarding that video.

1) what's with the masks when it's their own home if they're all obeying Lockdown rules?

2) Why does the video end seemingly with them opening the door again having been told to get inside?

It's not great form on the police but something smells off here.
For question 1, there is still The Corona thing going on so a lot of people are still masked just because of that. A lot of people when they go outside their homes for any reason will have a mask on. Minnesota doesn't have it law right now to have a mask on but it is highly encouraged that if you are leaving your house, you have a mask on.

For question 2, to be blunt, because fuck the Minneapolis Police for rolling up into the area and just opening fire on people on their porch. Minneapolis Police seem dead set on finding ways to just keep being the aggressor and keeping everyone pissed off and angry at them. I'm not in Minneapolis but I'd likely go right back out on my porch out of spite in that situation (though maybe I'd be bringing some kind of plastic shielding or some shit so that I won't just be randomly shot by the police wandering around my neighborhood).

Reactions: MrCalavera

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
There are also scenes like this.
If you want to defend yourself or your business, it seems to me like a nice semiautomatic would be far more effective than a sword.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I hate being pro-cop but I like this cop.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I love how Liv there saw people upset that the police were destroying property and thought she could use that to own the libs.... Some of these people are really delusional.
I don't think you've understood Liv's point or even her political alignment. She's not scoring points on "liberal" protestors. She's criticizing the pearl-clutching pro-cop news anchors and pundits.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Liv is a leftist.

In the US, the democratic party is the "left" party and has left wing members, but it is actually a liberal party. This has resulted in the terms "liberal" and "left wing" being conflated in the US, when they are actually very different. The reality is, most democratic and republican politicians have far more in common with each other than they do with people on the left.

People on the left typically don't have very good feelings about liberals, despite nominally sharing a platform with them. Liberals are often seen as complacent, overly-conciliatory and more concerned with playing respectability politics than actually trying to solve social problems.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I'll say this.

Credit to the Protesters who have prevented looting by blocking looters from trying to break into Target stores.

Credit to the protesters who formed a human shield round a police officer who got separated from his group to stop the rioters an looters trying to beat the hell out of him.

Those are the people doing good here.

The people rioting, looting and smashing up stores and things people might rely on. Yeh no they not trying to protest anything.

I don't think you've understood Liv's point or even her political alignment. She's not scoring points on "liberal" protestors. She's criticizing the pearl-clutching pro-cop news anchors and pundits.
yes Bottles of water and jugs of milk left in the open seemingly with no-one claiming to own them are totally equatable to whole store full of goods and peoples buisnesses which were closed, locked and in many cases barricaded..........

Liv is a leftist.

In the US, the democratic party is the "left" party and has left wing members, but it is actually a liberal party. This has resulted in the terms "liberal" and "left wing" being conflated in the US, when they are actually very different. The reality is, most democratic and republican politicians have far more in common with each other than they do with people on the left.

People on the left typically don't have very good feelings about liberals, despite nominally sharing a platform with them. Liberals are often seen as complacent, overly-conciliatory and more concerned with playing respectability politics than actually trying to solve social problems.

I'd say that's less "Liberals" as in actual liberals but people claiming to be liberals when they're "Progressives" who care more about getting their result even if to get it requires trying to trample over peoples liberty or work to shut people down.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
The people rioting, looting and smashing up stores and things people might rely on. Yeh no they not trying to protest anything.
They're the ones doing things which will actually be noticed by the powerful.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Ah yes, the potential rare 3rd amendment violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.