National Guard called into Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
No we don't see what happens behind the speaker until the person filming moves round it.
Again the same argument could be levelled in other cases without video evidence too.
I can see plenty well what happens. He gets shoved at the start, but he's still standing after the shove, then people start trying to drag him away and he goes to ground. But you can clearly see nobody hitting him.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
YOU ALL REALIZE THIS IS THE PIZZAGATE GUY RIGHT??? WE ARE RELYING ON THE JOURNALISM OF MR PIZZAGATE???
Give it a week or two, this'll be the cable news narrative soon enough. Those idiots in Seattle are already being keyed up to be the "Justin and Ketchup" of post-profitability protest coverage.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
there's a video of the attack and he's not hit. We can see what happened, and he wasn't hit.
Boxers (anybody really) can knock someone out with a precise tap to a certain spot on the head. The trick is to rotate a person's skull in such a way that their brain bounces around inside. it doesn't have to involve bruises or black eyes, or even any mark at all. The absence of those things don't mean he wasn't knocked out.

Furthermore, that's not the only way to make someone lose consciousness. He could have been choked or strangled, which also doesn't necessarily leave marks.

I can see plenty well what happens. He gets shoved at the start, but he's still standing after the shove, then people start trying to drag him away and he goes to ground. But you can clearly see nobody hitting him.
Do we see the full confrontation, from the moment he gets assaulted by the mob to the moment he is picked up off the street and dragged away? Clearly we don't. Clearly there are gaps in the footage, during which he could have been knocked out.

I wonder what you'd say if I said that George Floyd actually could breathe, and that he actually OD'd on drugs which led to heart failure. I wonder if you'd say that I was victim blaming?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
except the guy who drops down out of view along with him.

Give it a week or two, this'll be the cable news narrative soon enough. Those idiots in Seattle are already being keyed up to be the "Justin and Ketchup" of post-profitability protest coverage.
Give it a week or two they'll be more insanity going on.
Hell there are more reports of insanity happening there but I've not brought them up as there isn't as much evidence for them.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Boxers (anybody really) can knock someone out with a precise tap to a certain spot on the head. The trick is to rotate a person's skull in such a way that their brain bounces around inside. it doesn't have to involve bruises or black eyes, or even any mark at all. The absence of those things don't mean he wasn't knocked out.

Furthermore, that's not the only way to make someone lose consciousness. He could have been choked or strangled, which also doesn't necessarily leave marks.
Oh yes, in this clearly professional boxing match 1 v 1. No, the safe money is him being a huckster, considering he immediately went to interview with a huckster and there being counter evidence to his claim.

What you're talking about is a concussion, which is something you seek medical attention for afterward.

Do we see the full confrontation, from the moment he gets assaulted by the mob to the moment he is picked up off the street and dragged away? Clearly we don't. Clearly there are gaps in the footage, during which he could have been knocked out.

I wonder what you'd say if I said that George Floyd actually could breathe, and that he actually OD'd on drugs which led to heart failure. I wonder if you'd say that I was victim blaming?
I would since we have the evidence for Floyd's murder. This guy though we have evidence contrary to his claims and no evidence for his claims. Absolutely no way comparable by any sane or rational analysis.

Reactions: Sneed's SeednFeed

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Give it a week or two they'll be more insanity going on.
Look. The left is out in the streets protesting for what amounts to smaller government, and Democrats are trying to sell the literal opposite in terms of policy and expecting the left to eat it hook, line, and sinker. Meanwhile the right is fighting tooth and nail to preserve the one function of government they think shouldn't exist, because people oughtn't rely on the government and instead be armed and able to protect themselves, while the literal reason the US has a Second (and Third, but whatevs) Amendment in the first damned place happened two weeks ago.

At this point if John C. Calhoun rose from his grave and started quoting Malcolm X, I'd just shrug and say, "well that figures".

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Oh yes, in this clearly professional boxing match 1 v 1.
There are tons of videos of street fights where untrained sluggers get lucky and knock people out this way. All it takes is one lucky punch, or one skilled fighter. They are then dragged off like this guy was. There are rarely any marks afterward. Like I said, there are even more ways to knock someone unconscious.

I would since we have the evidence for Floyd's murder.
Are...are you not aware of the autopsy that shows the drugs that was in his system and heart issues that he had?
Did you think I was just making that stuff up?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Rayshard Brooks was asleep in a Wendy's drive-thru, apparently, and had the cops called on him. Cops shot him and killed him.

Protestors have now burned down that Wendy's.

That fire has apparently led to quicker action than more peaceful forms of protest.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
There are tons of videos of street fights where untrained sluggers get lucky and knock people out this way. All it takes is one lucky punch, or one skilled fighter. They are then dragged off like this guy was. There are rarely any marks afterward. Like I said, there are even more ways to knock someone unconscious.
But we don't see him hit. We explicitly see him not get hit.

Are...are you not aware of the autopsy that shows the drugs that was in his system and heart issues that he had?
Did you think I was just making that stuff up?
Are you aware that we have a video of him getting sat on until he was killed, while we have a video of this guy getting pushed and then a video of him talking very clearly?

There's clear evidence of Floyd's murder and clear evidence that this guy is fibbing.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Well the claim that he was assaulted is backed up by the evidence that he's dead, so I bet the claims that he was shot to death are pretty correct.
I mean the story of "Rayshard Brooks was asleep in a Wendy's drive-thru, apparently, and had the cops called on him. Cops shot him and killed him" makes it seem like cops just rolled up and shot him while he was asleep. Was that all that happened? Was there a struggle? Was it self-defense? Why not give Rayshard Brooks all the same doubts you gave Chaz preacher man?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I mean the story of "Rayshard Brooks was asleep in a Wendy's drive-thru, apparently, and had the cops called on him. Cops shot him and killed him" makes it seem like cops just rolled up and shot him while he was asleep. Was that all that happened? Was there a struggle? Was it self-defense? Why not give Rayshard Brooks all the same doubts you gave Chaz preacher man?
He tried to run away and managed to wrestle away a taser.

I guess it's OK to murder cops who tase people, then.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Because the evidence is being delivered to us BY THE PIZZAGATE GUY!

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
He was drunk, cops gave him a field sobriety test, he resisted, the cops tried to subdue him; he got one of their tasers and zapped one of them trying to run away which is the point he was shot.

At no point during any of this was there need to escalate to lethal violence, as despite any and all of the above did Brooks ever appear to represent a lethal or potentially lethal threat to officers or bystanders.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
He tried to run away and managed to wrestle away a taser.

I guess it's OK to murder cops who tase people, then.
In the USA sometimes it seems like the logic is that shooting dead a person in self defence who so much as touches you is okay, a touch being assault. I think we're seeing the fruits of the countries constant courting of violence.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Did I make any moral claims on Rayshard? No, I'm just saying it's likely he was shot to death because he was, in fact, shot to death.

Meanwhile the preacher said he was beaten unconscious, but the video shows he wasn't beaten and he was perfectly conscious and cognizant enough to give an interview. There's no evidence he was unconscious at all during this altercation and evidence that casts doubt on the claim that he was.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
He's in view enough to see he's not attacking the huckster.
Is it though.

I mean why would the one dude drop and follow him down behind the speaker after he fell like that?

Look. The left is out in the streets protesting for what amounts to smaller government, and Democrats are trying to sell the literal opposite in terms of policy and expecting the left to eat it hook, line, and sinker. Meanwhile the right is fighting tooth and nail to preserve the one function of government they think shouldn't exist, because people oughtn't rely on the government and instead be armed and able to protect themselves, while the literal reason the US has a Second (and Third, but whatevs) Amendment in the first damned place happened two weeks ago.

At this point if John C. Calhoun rose from his grave and started quoting Malcolm X, I'd just shrug and say, "well that figures".
Funny really because it's normally the right that likes to privatise things.

I mean that's what this will end up being.If the Police get abolished you'll have Blackwater security selling protection services to people and then you've replace the Police with a private company who is not bound to protect the constitutional rights of people (they'd be private security after all) and you've replaced one lot of police not deemed accountable enough with new ones who are almost entirely unaccountable lol.

Rayshard Brooks was asleep in a Wendy's drive-thru, apparently, and had the cops called on him. Cops shot him and killed him.

Protestors have now burned down that Wendy's.

That fire has apparently led to quicker action than more peaceful forms of protest.
Welcome to short term solutions that cause long term problems.
It's a knee jerk reaction the thing is you burn more stuff and companies can and will pull out. I mean if you're seriously going to take it out on random businesses about. Also that puts rates up for all the area in terms of insurance as it's now seen as a risk zone even if the companies have inssurance.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Did I make any moral claims on Rayshard? No, I'm just saying it's likely he was shot to death because he was, in fact, shot to death.

Meanwhile the preacher said he was beaten unconscious, but the video shows he wasn't beaten and he was perfectly conscious and cognizant enough to give an interview. There's no evidence he was unconscious at all during this altercation and evidence that casts doubt on the claim that he was.
I think I've seen that video actually.

The officers did tase him as he was running away but it didn't stop him (Some people are far less effected by tasers than other) and seemingly turned and pointed the taser he'd stolen at the police officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.