Status
Not open for further replies.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
SOME OF THOSE WHO WORK FORCES ARE ALSO THE ONES BURNING CROSSES
Yeah, I can see how if you're a clueless white person, that wouldn't sound especially threatening or problematic.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Dear America.

For the good of yourselves, it is my considered advice that you guys roll a Scoob the size and shape of a nuclear submarine and everyone in the land takes a fucking toke so you can all chill the fuck out for ten minutes.

Sincerely,

Frustrated nobody on the Internet.
Micro-dosing mdma or ketamine would have more consistent and positive results.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
It's almost like it's been admitted that black people were one of the specific groups targeted with the war on drugs...
Be black and get people hooked on highly addictive substances sold on street corners, you get a long time in prison. Be white and get people hooked on highly addictive substances by pressuring medical and governmental agencies with fraudulent science, you get to be billionaire pillars of the community. That's the way the world works.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
About the "more groups" scenario, consider this: A second group pops up called "Hispanic Lives Matter" alongside "Black Lives Matter"

Who is a "white ally" supposed to support? Donating to one group means that they have less money to donate to the other. If one were to donate an unequal amount, could it be said that they think that one group "matters more" than the other?
What sign are they supposed to hold up, if they can only hold up one?

If black people hold up a "HLM" sign, are they "traitors" for not helping the cause, and vice-versa?
Would it be fair to say to someone with a "Hispanic Lives Matter" sign that they don't think that "Black Lives Matter", and vice-versa?
Could you blame a person of any other ethnicity for not supporting either group, out of fear for displeasing the other one?

At this point, wouldn't consolidating into some different, racially-neutral slogan that meets the needs of both of these groups be the solution?
"The cause" is ending police violence.
"All lives matter" doesn't give a shit about that. Your purely hypothetical straw argument falls apart with the slightest thought.
Because "All Lives Matter" already exists as a movement, and they sure as shit aren't marching to protest the deaths of Tony Timbor or Daniel Shaver.
But Black Lives Matter is sure as shit marching for Andres Guardado.

Reactions: Kwak

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
At around 5:53 p.m.,[14] Guardado was shot at six times[5] by one or multiple police officers and hit in the upper body.[6] Guardado died on scene.[19][16] Store-owner Andrew Heney stated that Guardado "got down on his knees and surrendered with his hands behind his head but was still shot seven times in the back."[10] The shooting occurred near a business located in the 400 block of Redondo Beach Boulevard near S. Figueroa Street. A gun was reportedly recovered on the scene.[19] It was unclear what "prompted the use of force" and what Guardado was "suspected of" to initially prompt the chase.[8]
Heney stated, "the police came up, and they pulled their guns on him and he ran because he was scared, and they shot and killed him. He’s got a clean background and everything. There’s no reason."[9] A witness on the scene stated, "I turned around and saw two male white officers running up into the body shop where not even less than a second later I heard rapid gunshots, [I heard] about four to five shots fired [and] never heard them say ‘freeze’. I never once heard them say 'stop.' Nothing like that."[19]
The deputies reportedly were not wearing body cameras. Lt. Charles Calderaro stated that police "are hoping to find surveillance video from nearby businesses."[8] Police reportedly destroyed several cameras at the scene and took possession of the DVR that stored footage filmed by the surveillance cameras. In an interview, Heney stated that the police "illegally got into everything, then they had the place locked down and then they got the warrant."[10]

Burn. It. Down.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Be black and get people hooked on highly addictive substances sold on street corners, you get a long time in prison. Be white and get people hooked on highly addictive substances by pressuring medical and governmental agencies with fraudulent science, you get to be billionaire pillars of the community. That's the way the world works.
Ah, but the law in its majestic equality allows the rich as well as the poor to use their vast wealth to control media narratives, rig elections, and reshape the economy however they like even if it kills people.

Last edited:

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Other citizens of the country, however? Welcome to being a Felon.
And here I was using a study on NYC that pegged it at 6x. Got a nice convenient image for this, it compares black folks to white folks and men to women regarding the justice system. It maybe doesn't say what you want it to say, though...

I suspect that #MensLivesMatter would not get me the best of responses, either now, a year from now, 6 months ago, 5 years ago, or any other time in the recent past or immediately foreseeable future. Because it's not about stopping police brutality, it's about which specific political lens is acceptable for approaching the topic.

This is just a socio-economic divide that for some undiscernible reason targets certain groups of people..
Hey now, Biden said poor people are just as capable as white ones... Managing to piss off both black folks and poor white folks (who are by and large the ones he really needs to win over, given the states that Obama won and Clinton lost have a lot of poor rural white folks populating them).

Reactions: Leg End

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Because "All Lives Matter" already exists as a movement
I don't care what the "new movement" is called. If "All Lives Matter" is taken, name it something else. Let's call it "Police Reform Now". There, Happy?
The name of the 'new movement' doesn't matter. What matters is that it shouldn't even have the APPEARANCE of supporting any specific group, with or without invisible implicit words.

Last edited:

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
"black lives matter" is an accusation, an accusation that people don't think black lives matter
Wrong. The accusation is specifically that the police doesn't think that black lives matter. The proof? Racial profiling and the protocols based on it has the cops treating black people as criminals until proven otherwise.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
It maybe doesn't say what you want it to say, though...
This is where we get lost, and conversations turn into screaming matches.

I don't want it to say anything. Bringing up such an idea puts someone on defensive. I'm speaking on fact that is gathered by various sources. I'm not out here saying Police are killing a Hundred Eleventy Million Black Men Every Hour because that's not the truth.

For whatever stats matter, Statistically Blacks are in a disadvantageous situation when they are dealing with cops. It could end badly for them in a disproportionate manner.

Black Women do not fare well in the justice system. Black women are often at the mercy of officers who sexually abuse them because people don't believe and or side with black women. It's not a new situation.

And this is the precise reason why I do not trust any statistics coming from the cops. How easy do you think it is to find the number of cops who commit sexual abuse via abusing their badges? Racial background? Socio-economic breakdown? It's damn near impossible to get anything accurate because the Blue Shield keeps that information out of public knowledge. We in the community know, but no one cares to listen. Do you think the police will say "In the interest of keeping our stats balanced, we're releasing the nationwide numbers of every officer who committed sexual abuse"?

We can not tally what is not freely given by the Tally-counters. And it's ever so interesting how the information they freely give only seems to benefit them. How serendipitous life can be for some people...

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That is so amazingly disingenuous that I have to laugh. Do you think that white people have it as bad as black people in the United States of America and we need to focus on everyone all at once?
Who said anything about white people? No. I don't.

Do you think that black people have it the worst in the USA, and we need to focus solely on them?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I drew you a picture:

View attachment 334
Ok. To be anywhere accurate, you need to have the picture be of a firefighter putting out the green and blue house only.

Then at the same time, the firefighter must toss fuel on the black house and having the fire department finding no fault in the action, and then go around publicly stating that Black Houses are just more combustible than other houses. So all the fire department could do was splash a little water on the roof while saying that they must put aggressive sanctions on all neighborhoods with black houses because of how volatile they are.

Then the community that has these black houses comes out and asks if all houses could just be put out equally. Bust down doors if you got to, but just do your job and extinguish the fires of all houses.

And finally, have the communities that do not have black houses in them come and yell at those people, stating "HOW DARE YOU SAY WE SHOULD JUST FOCUS ON BLACK HOUSES AND THAT WE SHOULD LET OTHER HOUSES BURN!!!"

I understand it would be a difficult picture to draw, but it would be more accurate.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Ok. To be anywhere accurate, you need to have the picture be of a firefighter putting out the green and blue house only.
But that wouldn't illustrate how "black houses matter" only focuses on the "black houses", which is the point of the movement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.