NBC Creates Its Own Batman With The Cape

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
She aides The Cape with her blogging expertise.
How in the hell does posting shit only you care about on the internet help fight crime? That just doesn't make sense. Maybe she googles for him because he's like my dad who couldn't find google with google. Seriously. The guy once lost his glasses when they were on his face and he was looking through them.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Sounds rather uncreative to me, at least as far as the title is concerned. Is that really the best name they could come up with?

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Heroes got canceled? I wish they had done that before they milked it stupid into a bucket of bad ideas.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
The number of caped superheroes appearing on television in the fall recently increased by one.
I really enjoy the taglines you come up with, Tom. This one makes me giggle every time I read it.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Anyone else thinking that this is a pilot idea, and that if it proves popular Ubisoft will suddenly announce that AC3 is set in the modern day?

Aug 25, 2009
I read that Summer Glau is involved and have now resolved to watch this, wuality or no.

That said there's no reason it should be bad, and from what I hear Heroes was good if you got into it and liked it.

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
After reading this article the only thing that came to mind was "Chess is an awesome name for a supervillain."

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
The Cape's nemesis is (...) moonlighting as a twisted killed named Chess rather than a hero with bat ears.
So... he's undead? :p

Typo jokes aside, the premise sounds so incredibly bland and generic that I don't the series will last very long.

Kavonde

Usually Neutral Good
Feb 8, 2010
Wow, this is either going to be Chuck and Kick-Ass's illegitimate love child, or Heroes and Daredevil's.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Christ, this sounds pathetic!

I think I'd rather watch Adrian Paul in "The Owl" again thanks.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
As already mentioned, how the hell does 'blogging expertise' help fight crime? "Wait! He's tagged his weak spot! Just let me google it!"

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Firefly's Summer Glau stars in the show as an investigative blogger also trying to take on crime and corruption in Palm City. She aides The Cape with her blogging expertise.
*sigh*

I hate this world.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
It does look like they mixed Alex Mercer and Altair, then threw in a dose of The Hood for good measure. Seeing as how it's on NBC, we can expect it to suck, stay on until it starts getting good and then cancelled right when people start getting into it.