Neon Genesis Evangelion

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
Welp, looking at that made me choke on my soft drink.

Shinji drives me insane though, I really don't like him.

Fiairflair

Polymath
Oct 16, 2012
I think in Evangelion's case it is more likey that they would go for Shinji, not the other way. That is to say, it's practically impossible.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
I liked the previous one better, Gendo with the nr. 1 dad coffee mug is so much win.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
I'm pretty sure not sticking it in the crazy applies to everyone on that show. Plus Shinji's ass never did recover from how massively his dad screwed him over before the show started.
Sticking it in crazy is AWESOME. Those warnings are just for the amateurs.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Well... considering they were all kids, Erin has some really "call the FBI" tastes.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
He tried once[sub]or twice. Maybe three times.[/sub]. Didn't turn out so well. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thJ8Nh2MNF0] The other times? Well, I can't blame him for not being able to get it on to this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMPRMKUQLM0] playing in the background :p.
unacomn said:
Well... considering they were all kids, Erin has some really "call the FBI" tastes.
But with 3.0 it's legal now ;D.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Didn't you already do this one...

Anyway this is what anime is always about, all sexual innuendo and never so much as a dry hump.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
HAHA! One of the main reason I could never get anime was the way everything seems to be dragged out mercilessly. I can totally emphasie with Erin's rage on this one.

Eddras said:
as much as this is true Tenchi Muyo was far worst
Oh God I remember watching some episodes of that on Cartoon Network (I think?). "Does anything actually ever happen in this show?", was all I could think.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
In Tenchi's defense, most of the women were plainly nuts and he did end up chasing a love interest at his school, so it's not like he wasn't interested, he was just trying to get away from the insanity. Personally, I would have gotten with Ryoko so fast...

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
good to know I wasn't only one screaming this inside my head while watching this anime
"Bang the redhead, dammit" was the line that constantly went through my head

P.S.Although to be fair, "Bang the redhead" is my usual solution to every single problem.

Dec 10, 2012
In Shinji's defense, he is one big ball of fucked up already. That's kinda the point of the show, isn't it? That Shinji has massive psychological problems related to abandonment and has no idea how to relate to people, or get over his fear of them? It does make him a frustrating protagonist, but it's for a greater purpose.

For Hideaki Anno to fuck with your head.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hah, you really hit the nail on the head here! Yes, Shinji is all kinds of messed up, especially considering where the last movie is going...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Isn't this like the oldest damn joke since the birth of the harem genre?

And I hate to be that "You're missing the point" guy, but... yeah.

Eppy (Bored)

Crazed Organist
Jan 7, 2009
Oh god my childhood. *sob*

I just realized that Eva is 18 years old now. Holy crap I feel old (and I'm not!).

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Well shit.

Everytime my life sucks that little bit too much, I turn on the final scene of Evangelion.

And then it ain't so bad.

The emotional/mental/philosophical banshee screams I unleash turn me into a rather sane individual.

Hurrah.

That said Shinji's issues wouldn't have been resolved by being screwed by Eros himself. And a minotaur.

And possibly a Tarrasque as well.